“For any fashion fan, you MUST visit 31 rue Cambon!”
Review of Chanel

Chanel
Ranked #39 of 741 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Visiting 31, rue Cambon is like stepping inside a fashion museum. Here you'll find all things Chanel, from clothing and shoes to sunglasses and fine jewelry. Cap your shopping with a sip of Champagne.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was delighted by the politeness and how helpful all of the sales staff were whilst browsing the store. I purchased a few small and comparatively modest items for myself and as gifts, but was treated just like any other customer. The lady who initially served me asked what was gifts and wrapped them beautifully at no additional cost and took me to the cash desk where I received equally as friendly service. Working in retail, I know how stressful it can be in a busy shop, and this Chanel store was crowded with tourists and Christmas shoppers, but the assistants did not seem at all flustered and were a joy to behold. Lovely looking around all the stunning garments and accessories.

9  Thank Martin M
in 9 reviews
"shoppers"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went to the 31 Rue Cambon store and it was to die for. It was very crowded and over whelming but a nice sales assistant came up to me and was so nice and helpful. I bought two pairs of earrings and a bottle of perfume and she was so patient with me picking out my stuff. She wrapped everything so nice for me. Everything was so much cheaper than the states and I got the VAT as well. My hotel was right next to the Chanel on Ave. Montaigne but I only walked past and did not go in. You cannot go to Paris and not visit the original Chanel store. It was everything I dreamed of.

7  Thank SMills324
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We strolled off Avenue Montaigne into the illuminous shop of luxury guru Chanel. This store was small but well packed with many tourists and locals. The variety of handbags and colors was quite good. The sales people were friendly and eager to help and spoke good english. I love to look at these 1,400 euro- 8,000 euro and up purses- the evolution of the pricepoint keeps going higher and higher! Its almost a joke! Not surprisingly ,the only people who were buying it like it was going out of style were the Asian tourists! Bags and bags of Chanel were being sold! They also had a room full of Fall 2012 shoes and boots which were almost the same stock as the US stores. Any Chanel fan would be pleased with this store. Now the next question is- Is it worth it to buy here and bring back to US? Good question. I believe there is a few hundred dollars difference in price.The other thing to take into consideration is the VAT Tax Refund Line at the airport. We walked by it getting to our terminal and it was VERY VERY LONG!!! Also, note the VAT tax is different in every designer store. For example,I believe it was 12% at this one and at exclusive watchmaker Patek Phillippe it was 16%. We did not visit the Rue Cambon location.

6  Thank Tripp333
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Dream place to go, but employees treated us like we weren't worthy of being in there. Little did they know, I was wanting to buy a bag and since they were so rude, came back to the states and bought one. Their loss.

11  Thank Caryn1020
See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you are a Chanel fan, you must absolutely visit the original at 31 Rue Cambon. My mother and I were visiting Paris on a girls only trip and knew we wanted to make several Chanel purchases. We first went to Rue Montagne which was a wonderful experience. We purchased a pair of ballet flats and a wallet on a chain. However, the sales associates, atmosphere and selection at Rue Cambon were much better than Rue Montagne. Even though I was only purchasing a pair of sunglasses, the sales associate was so sweet and took the time to wrap everything in the beautiful Chanel ribbon and Camilla flower (they do this as well at Rue Montagne). If you are a U.S. citizen, remember to bring your passport with you so that they can prepare the VAT refund papers. We made the mistake of leaving ours behind on the first trip and had to rush back to our hotel before the store closed! Also, Chanel is several hundred dollars less expensive in Paris vs. the United States even when taking into account the exchange rate. Plus you get the VAT refund. One final note: if you are making a lot of expensive purchases, you may have to pay duty when you arrive back in the States.

11  Thank lc131078