Review Highlights
Under Construction

We came here to see how the reconstruction was coming along. The whole cathedral was covered in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Thomas V
Oakland, California
Work of Art

Beautiful cathedral. It was under renovations when we visited so only got to take photos from the... read more

Reviewed September 10, 2021
GermanF_11
New Jersey
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Paris
from $106.20
from $88.50
from $40.12
from $41.42
8,537 results
All reviews notre dame bell tower gargoyles architecture beauty france
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I love the view from that monument!!I was excited. You should visit Notre Dame. The negative is so many people around

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

It' difficult to imagine how such a grand structure could have been built by people so long ago, and the architectural processes they executed to achieve the dynamic results.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

You may not understand the affect to this day of enormity and profound inspiration, unless you stood before something even bigger. I've been to some natural wonders that would dwarf this place, but the beauty and splendor of nature has its own quality. The Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris is shere perspective that penetrates into the mind, even unto the soul and spirit. This is a carry-over from the enlightenment that I hope will continue to provide this experience. If you don't believe me, stand before the altar in the center of the cathedral and look up. Take in visually what you see above you and get a feeling for the shere scale and inspiration of yourself and the entire building. Astounding. I hope you can see it too!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Hard to walk around as people go about taking pictures without looking where they are going. Still, a historical site that should be seen, maybe better on a rainy day.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016

The best thing I noticed of this place is the strange architecture(Gothic). I personally loved it but some people I was with did not. They found the cathedral scary/haunted kind.

I was looted by the cafe outside the Cathedral so do not recommended eating nearby.

Date of experience: April 2016