“would go back there”

Ranked #1,007 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Nova Scotia
“would go back there”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I was travelling on a budget and wanted to spend a few days in Paris on my own, before meeting with a friend and I searched the web for suitable accomodation and came across this one.. It's centrally located in a pedestrian area near Les Halles and in walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants.
I had a little single room on the top floor with the bathroom down one flight of stairs, which was ok, considering the price I paid. The staff were friendly and helped me with all my requests.
I enjoyed my stay here, the only gripe I had was with the mattress which had some kind of wire mesh in it that I could feel when laying down. A thin mattress topper would have solved the problem.... My friend who had a double room had no issues with her mattress, so maybe it was just me...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank wilma105

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The rooms are smallish, but as you'd expect for Paris, especially in such a central location. The staff are very helpful and there is a very pleasant lounge area to sit in downstairs. Lots of restaurants literally on the doorstep, we walked everywhere during our stay. We didn't try the breakfast though, as it seemed a little pricey at 8 Euros each.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This was my second stay and it was better than the first time. This time, I stayed in a room at the top of the hotel. There isn't an elevator so you have to hike up four flights. The room was worth the climb since it had a skylight and was away from the other rooms. Very quiet and bigger than the previous room. Well worth the the price. It is not modern or updated but it reminds you of an old inn with lots of charm. It is not the Ritz, but for the cost conscience traveler it meets your needs. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and i were greeted warmly by Isabelle who allowed us to check in several hours early. Our room, although small (what do u expect in Paris?), was very clean and the french country decor is bright and cheerful. The room was cleaned and replenished each day.

The location is unbeatable- right next to Etienne Marcel metro, a 10 minute walk to the Louvre, 15 min walk to Notre Dame and the latin quarter. And, my favourite, a two minute walk to rue montorgueil and the historic Stroher patisserie where the pain au chocolate is superb.

The only drawback to the hotel was the Friday night noise into the early hours and the early morning weekend street cleaners which are also noisy. The room would have been too hot with the windows closed eventhough the weather wasnt particularly warm. If the windows were closed, the noise would not have been an issue.

• Stayed August 2010
cleveland
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Great place to sleep. First time in Paris and after reading many bad hotel stories I was definitely not expecting much. The staff were friendly and willing to help. They didn't mind calling a taxi for us and were helpful answering our questions about directions.

Out of the 3 staff that we met with they all spoke english and they didn't seem to be offended by our minimal knowledge of the french language. Our room was small of course but very clean.

The room was facing the street and it was a little noisy from people outside talking but it only added to the ambiance and I had no problem sleeping. Our room had a private bathroom which was also clean and we had no problems with hot water. It is very close to the metro and plenty of little shops.

Room came with a television and free wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The hotel is conveniently located near 2 metros in Paris. We were greeted by very friendly and polite staffs at the reception. Although the stairs up to our rooms were narrow and the rooms are rather small, the place is clean and the room is cosy. There is a LCD TV in the room and the the toilet is quite spacious and nice. However, if you stay near the streets, it may be abit noisy at night because there are some bars nearby and you can hear people talking loudly downstairs. Other than that, the hotel is generally highly recommended.

The staffs are very helpful and friendly. When we asked for hot water (to cook our instant noodles), they brought us a teapot of hot water with teabags and cups. They were also very helpful when we approached them to help us print our plane tix to Italy.

However, do not take their breakfast package at 8 euros. It consists of only a croissant, one orange juice and coffee/tea. You can have cheaper and better breakfast elsewhere.

Generally, the hotel is good for budget stay and convenient as it is near 2 metros, one of which is the Paris metro main line where u transit from one line to the other.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I used to live in Paris and know it quite well - so the location of this hotel is perfect. Right on the train line to get to Gare du Nord for the eurostar, and easy airport access. Walking distance to everything (sights, restaurants, cafes etc.). Close to Le Marais, my favorite neighborhood.

Positives: location, clean hotel, reasonable prices, friendly staff

Negativs: paris-sized rooms (ie, tiny!), double bed felt very small for 2 people, my tall boyfriend couldn't fit on it (his feet hung off all night), quite noisy from overhearing other guests slamming doors etc.

Would I stay here again? If I had to, yes, but will definitely try another hotel next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple