“Great location- need much improvement on service”
Review of Hotel Grenelle

Hotel Grenelle
Ranked #1,398 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
NJ
“Great location- need much improvement on service”
Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I enjoy staying in this area because it is several blocks away from the Eiffel Tower. There are a lot of shops, cafes, and there is a supermarket across the street (Monoprix). It is also right across the street from the metro which is very convienent (La Motte Picquet Grenelle).
I did not care for the service at all. First, no one was overly friendly at all or went out of their way to accommodate you. You walk in the hotel at any time of day or night and no one even acknowledges you. I didn't think this was a particularly safe environment because of that.
I arrived at the hotel early Monday morning and was told my room would not be available until 1500. Ok, I figured that since I am here early and it's a Monday that they would try to go out of their way just a little bit to get my room ready. We were so tired, that we ended up going back to the lobby around noon and fell asleep in the lobby! It took the man at the front desk an hour to call one of the hotel cleaning staff to get a room for us.
The room was ok. It was clean. There was only one outlet in the room. So if you needed to charge anything- you had to unplug the refrigerator in order to do so. The wifi was terrible. Don't tell me there is wifi when it barely works. The tub/ shower was without a shower curtain which was fine- but it is high up which could be a problem for elders/ people with mobility issues.
Also- I received an International phone call- and the person at the front desk decided to keep my call on hold forever rather than transfer the call to my room! I was not even told by the staff that I received a phone call!
While I do enjoy this area- I'd rather not stay a this hotel again because of the service and lack of security. I'd only stay here again if I were desperate or if it was better priced than other hotels in the area.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
auckland
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The place was full of cafes and street side restaurants and grocery markets.
The rooms were small and the lift smaller but in terms of Parisian standards i guess this was a good value for money but not con paired to other europen city's, The free internet was handy.
I didn't use the 9 euro breakfast at the hotel as there are plenty of small backery stores around the hotel (or Starbucks), and mcdonalds is 100m away which has a breakfast for 2 euros

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank bluearmy72
Reviewed January 17, 2012

A nice,little, quaint hotel on rue de Grenelle perfectly situated right next to the metro and very close to the tour de Eiffel. There are alot of really nice cafes and such in the vicinity. The rooms themselves are priced O.K. with small uncomfortable beds and pillows. But overall clean. And every morning and night I would look out my window and be greeted by the Eiffel smiling at and wow it was awesome! I could literally throw a rock at her that's how close I was. But on the down side the service sucked big time. There are these two brothers who are complete jerks. They would act extremelly snooby and made us wait three hours with our bags even though our room was free. They said they couldn't do it because of the "low rates". What's jerks! And when I would say hello to them they would blatantly ignore us. Overall I love the city of Paris so location of the hotel was perfect.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank TravelDjPL
Dubai
Reviewed November 12, 2011

It is near to Eiffel tower, and opposite to metro station La motte Picquet Grenelle so for us it was convinient. The bathroom was clean, however the carpet were hoovered I guess a year ago at least... the breakfast was ok , just a little something on your way out... I will probably will try to find out some nicer hotel if I can next time... It is just the matter of the availbility during the time you visit paris.. Sometimes it coould be your only choice....

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Millbrae, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I picked this place because it fit the range I was looking for: price, location, and at least 3 stars. I wasn't disappointed - it's very clean, it's close to points of interests, and it's right across the metro which serves 3 lines. Sure, the rooms are tiny but you will be spending more time outside exploring the city, anyway. We didn't even bother walking to Eiffel Tower, we just took the metro. It was so convenient and it saves you time from having to walk more than you really need to. The beds were comfortable, we slept soundly. But then again we were always exhausted by the end of the day, so we didn't have trouble sleeping. The staff was accommodating and speaks good English. They were helpful with directions and trains to take. They also let me borrow adapters to charge my electronics. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit. I love Paris!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Small hotel with very small rooms and bathrooms. If you are suffering from clostrophobia, do not go there.
But, it is well situated, near a metro station and close to most tourist attractions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cruisers1985
Holland
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The hotel is very close to the Eiffel tower across a subway station. I had my car with me, but parking is was a bit difficult in the narrow, crowded street. There is a public parking within 400 meters at Place Joffre for approx. 28 euro per day.

The lady at the reception was very friendly. I had to wait a bit for my room to be ready. The room was located on the back of the hotel on the fifth floor and was for Paris standards quite spacious. The bathroom was basic and clean. There is a small elevator available.

I didn't use the breakfast at the hotel as there are plenty of small backery stores around the hotel (or Starbucks). Since you have to pay on arrival, check-out was quick and smooth.

The location is very convenient for exploring Paris. First of all you have access to the metro system right in the front of the hotel. The Eiffel tower is approx. 10 minutes walking distance, Tour Montparnasse is about a 20 minutes walk. Great restaurants, bars and other stores right in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Eiffel tower view is overrated