Aberotel Montparnasse
  • Fitness center
$274
$227
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssevres lecourbeeiffel toweraround the cornermetro stationnice hotelsmall roomroom was clean and comfortablestayed here for nightsminute walkquiet streetneighborhoodensuiteeurossinktoiletries
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Aberotel Montparnasse was exactly what I expected after reading the reviews. A great little hotel at a good location. The rooms are small, but have everything you want: cleanliness, airco, tv and a comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly, spoke good English and they gave us some useful tips.

There are some nice places nearby to have breakfast and you can reach just about anywhere in Paris in 25 minutes.

It is not the type of hotel you take your kids to and have them entertained. But it's very good for when you want to get see the city, get around and have a comfortable sleep after a long day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Paris
Reviewed July 26, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked online. Perhaps it was the time difference, but I ended up booked for 2 nights one night early. Realized the mistake and sent a correcting email. Arrived at the hotel and was told that they could not accommodate me for the intended second night. OK, perhaps my mistake, but they billed me as a no show for the first night even though I wanted to stay the next night and I had sent the email. I paid and moved to the nearby Yllen Eiffel Hotel, one block away. Same price, room twice larger with A/C, and closer to the Metro. Much better deal! Even if I were in error with the booking, I think they should have cut me some slack with the no show as I sent them the email which they never acknowledged.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
aberotel, Responsable réception at Aberotel Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Sir,

You made the reservation 4 days before your arrival and sent us an email only the day before arrival that you made a mistake.
We were fully booked and that's why we charged the 1st night as it was written on the cancellation policy.
We sent you an email to inform you that we can't accomodate you for the 2nd night and we tryed also to contact you directly by phone.
We contacted directly our collegue from Yllen Hotel if they agree to accomodate you for the same price.
So please don't blame us for your own mistake and thank us that we were able to deal with an other hotel for giving you the same price.
Dai PHAM
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We booked this hotel for our stay in Paris, relying on Tripadvisor reviews by other travelers. We enjoyed staying in this comfy, clean hotel on a safe little street in the 15th. Conveniently located near two different Metro lines, this establishment offers a very nice breakfast deal for 9Euros and TERRIFIC service by the front desk staff. Our room was cozy but not too small, featuring a very comfortable bed and airy windows.

Walk to nearby Cafe Pasteur for excellent French fare. Walk to the marche (farmer's market) on Sunday mornings under the metro train trestle for fresh fruits, flea-market finds, and more. There are all kinds of stores and cafes in the immediate area around this hotel, so everything you need is close by. If you don't like the noise of delivery trucks at the crack of dawn, close the windows or request a room facing the courtyard instead of the street. Having lived in Paris and traveled many times to this city, Aberotel Montparnasse is great place to stay and I will most definitely stay there again. I would recommend it to family and friends traveling on a budget with comfort and convenience in mind.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 and loved it. Street noise from delivery trucks was audible early in the morning, so courtyard rooms are probably quieter. A gentleman by the name of Dai at the front desk is extremely helpful and courteous.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the Aberotel on the recommendation of a friend. The hotel was a little hard to find (out of the Metro, turn right - -the street names are hard to find -- turn right at the first side street -- Rue Blomet is not a major road -- and the street sign is not visible). The staff were very nice and all spoke English. The area seems safe, there are plenty of restaurants around and a Monoprix just around the corner. The Eiffel Tower is about a 20 minute walk away -- but be sure to take a map with you and follow it! Its really easy to get lost.

The room was very small -- the bed took up the entire room. I had one of the newly renovated rooms which was pleasant enough. The combo shower/toilet is rather cool, but water leaked on the carpeted floor. This will soon become a problem if they don't look after it! There is already mold around the area.

Overall, this was a great place to stay -- you won't spend much time in your room -- its Paris! The bed was very comfy and the hotel was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo