“Pierre Rocks!”

Hotel Saint Germain
Ranked #198 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked Hotel St. Germain on a recent visit - found it by fluke on the web. Loved it. The hotel is lovely and clean, the staff are incredibly friendly. And Pierre at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating. HSG is very convenient located to the Latin Quarter, really nice neighbourhood, nearby shops and transportation links. Easy walk to Notre Dame, Museum D'Orsay and the Eiffel Tower.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite - it was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Farley27
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint Germain

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Staying for 2 nights with my partner excellent location, beautifully decorated rooms, spotlessly clean, comfy beds and friendly staff we are enjoying our stay and would definitely return. The rooms are small but there is enough space to move around and place luggage.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently stayed at Saint Germain Hotel for a total of 3 nights.

Upon arrival we felt very lucky and happy to have chosen the location/hotel; It is on a quiet row of boutiques and cafés and all of the main areas of interest are in walking distance (take comfortable shoes my feet ended up bruised!)

The room was beautifully decorated, but small. We knew this from reading the other reviews and after all, it is only a base.

The downsides (which were quite big ones for me), were poor lighting in the bathroom, and no mirror at the dressing table; the basin was too deep to lean over and do my makeup and there was nowhere else to do it- as well as my hair. Just a small mirror on the dresser would give extra points!!
Also there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, nor a fridge unless requested but asking for one wouldn't be worth the hassle.. It would be easier just to have one as standard.
The price for basic drinks is high and we bought an emergency umbrella for twenty euros which I thought was extortionate!

There is no hotel bar which would be nice but this kind of thing cannot be changed due to size.

Overall a lovely stay, clean, traditional, and smells fresh. Lovely, polite breakfast staff who made you feel at home.

Take a trip to:
'Le Petit Chaise'- oldest restaurant in Paris about 5 minute walk from the hotel.
'Eric Kaser'- Artisan Bakery, Ten minute walk
'Chapon'- Chocolate shop (just for the mousse au chocolate!!)

2  Thank k88
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Came alone expecting a nice room with friendly staff. Staff was nice but not Manager. Given a tiny room that was cold and dark even with shades open and heating on . Shower door was broken, requested it be fixed , not, then told by Manager I was the only one who ever complained, made me feel very bad, finally after 4 days moved to nicer room with warmth and light. No compensation or apology. Had to move my own luggage to new room, never stay here again, even though great location. Rest of Parisians were very friendly and warm to me sorry I had this one sore spot

4  Thank szeiger
Hsg P, Manager at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear M. Zieger,

Hope you had a nice trip back.
We would like to thank you for your review and your stay to our hotel.
We are very surprised and extremely sorry to read your comments.
On your request, the second day of your stay we did look after the door of your shower and as per our technical manager visit, the doors was normally working.
Pierre, from our reception team, the same day, did come back to you with the information given from our technical manager and suggest to change the room .
On the 3rd day, we spoke together at the desk ; you ask for a compensation at the reception and I had explained to you that we will not give a compensation therefore I suggest to change your room the same day: you said that you did need time to think about it and i also said “for the first time we did have this remark for this room and I was surprised of the inconvenience caused to you”.
This remark was for me a way to explain my regrets for the disagreement and my attitude was not unfriendly. Mr Ziegler I do my best everyday with my team to satisfy our guest and I am very sorry if my answer was not appropriate. I will be definitely more careful .
The 4th day , early morning, you asked Slim from our reception team to change the room and you left the hotel , on your way back at 1 pm the room was ready and your luggage were already in the room. We gave a room of the same category as per our avaibility during your stay.

I stay at your entire disposal on my following email address manager@parishotelsg.com.
Best regards
Virginie Daveu

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a beautifully managed hotel. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, the location excellent, and the staff professional and courteous. Free wifi and a lovely reading room enhance the experience. t's a stylish place.

Room Tip: Typical of Paris, the rooms are small. Best to pay more for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lns224
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Tiny, tiny rooms. There's a lift but only accommodates 2 at a time. Our luggage had to go up separately. The best things about this hotel was the location and Pierre at the front desk who seemed to work 24/7. Won't stay there again.

1  Thank Texangal1949

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing your remarks with us.

We are very surprised and extremely sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations.
Concerning the room and the lift size, we are located in the historical part of Paris, our charming hotel is actually an old building from 17th century, renovated in 2012.
Most of the charming “boutique hotel” in Paris will not match the room size that you can find in United States hotels.

Regarding your rating on the cleanliness of the room, it is unfortunate during your stay and also on your review, you didn’t mention the details of your disappointment.
We attach the greatest importance to the cleanliness of the property and we always try to improve; We would appreciate your feedback on that point to our management address: manager@parishotelsg.com.
Pierre and the team work as day shift, on a legal planning in order to give the best service to our customers until the night shift comes over. Labor laws in France are very strict, we do respect them and we do not ask our staff to work 24h/7.
We really appreciate and we thank you for your comment on his good service and the location of the hotel.
For your future stay in Paris, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be happy to reserve you our Junior Suite which is our biggest room or suggest you another hotel part of our group as you could see on our website.

Yours Sincerely,

Laurence
Assistante de Direction/Manager Assistant

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel Saint Germain is the best hotel we have stayed in on our trips to Paris. As we entered the room we were faced with two doors, one for the bedroom and one for the bathroom. The bedroom was delightful, clean and airy, with no feeling of "smallness". The bathroom was exceptionally clean, modern, and perfect for our needs. A pleasant breakfast was available every morning and the staff were all so kind and helpful. Due to transport problems we needed the help of hotel staff and we discovered they were willing to go the extra mile for us. Absolutely brilliant in all respects. A first class hotel and one which we will definitely use again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple