Hotel Saint Germain
  • Fitness center
$201
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsla petite chaiseyogurtle bon marcherooms are smallwalking distancecharming hotelstay there againperfect locationcontinental breakfastthe hotel staffleft bankseine riverlovely boutiquemetro stationwonderful staybreakfast was excellenteiffel tower
Reviewed December 29, 2012

2 blocks away from Rue Du Bac metro station, and walking distance to many sites.
Pierre at the front desk spoke perfect English, provided suggestions for sites to visit, and helped us with dinner reservations.
Room was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was very good.
We would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. You might want to request the middle range price room for some additional space.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

After lots of searching I settled on Hotel St Germain for a one night stay for myself and a friend. (20-something women) Coming from the US I wasn't sure what to expect from hotels in Europe. Most of the reviews i read came from people living in europe, and i know our expectations can be different. I didn't need to worry! People tend to be overly fussy in these reviews it seems. This hotel was close to perfect. The room was small but it wasn't oddly cramped. Very comfortable and clean, everything looked new! The service was great, and breakfast in the morning was nice- lots of bakery. The location was prime, close to a metro line and easy walking to Orsay and Louvre. Free wi-fi is a huge plus and worked great. This hotel was quaint and modern, a great place without breaking the bank. The only thing we wondered about was the small shower stall- a larger person would be a tight squeeze! Overall very pleasant. I will recommend this hotel anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Smmill
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We knew it was going to be a wonderful Paris vacation when we met the charming and friendly Slim (we renamed him Slim Shady :-).... the manager at Hotel St. Germain. And Pierre was equally as charming and helpful. There are not enough words to describe how friendly and helpful the entire staff was.

The rooms are exceptional for a boutique style hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are oh so comfy with white duvets and plush down comforters. The location can't be better...walking distance to the Metro, museums, le Bon Marche and so many smaller shops each with a unique style. This is a must stay location and we highly recommend it.

You can end your search for a hotel in Paris...this hotel is perfect!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ursula D
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My sister and I visited Paris in August 2012. I booked our stay at the HSG online. This was the most wonderful little hotel. The staff was kind, helpful, and treated us like royalty.
The next time I visit Paris, this is where I'll stay. It is located near so many of Paris' grand monuments. Great restuarants and metros are nearby, and the price was reasonable for that time of the year. I can't say enough great things about this little hotel. LOVED it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Margie M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough. Quaint, stylish, romantic, affordable and ideally located - this hotel ticked all the boxes. Situated in a lovely quiet street off Rue St Germain it is surrounded by boutiques, café’s and patisseries. I would recommend anyone to stay in this area if they are visiting Paris, still very central, but without any hustle and bustle and without that touristy feel. The hotel itself is beautifully furnished and incredibly clean, with helpful staff and a great continental breakfast. The rooms are small (as most are in Paris), but perfectly formed and (unusually) well represented in the hotel’s pictures on here. Next time i'm in Paris I will definatley be staying here!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 11, facing out onto the street and it was suprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple