“Awesome stay!”

Ranked #197 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Doha, Qatar
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

My sister and I visited Paris in August 2012. I booked our stay at the HSG online. This was the most wonderful little hotel. The staff was kind, helpful, and treated us like royalty.
The next time I visit Paris, this is where I'll stay. It is located near so many of Paris' grand monuments. Great restuarants and metros are nearby, and the price was reasonable for that time of the year. I can't say enough great things about this little hotel. LOVED it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough. Quaint, stylish, romantic, affordable and ideally located - this hotel ticked all the boxes. Situated in a lovely quiet street off Rue St Germain it is surrounded by boutiques, café’s and patisseries. I would recommend anyone to stay in this area if they are visiting Paris, still very central, but without any hustle and bustle and without that touristy feel. The hotel itself is beautifully furnished and incredibly clean, with helpful staff and a great continental breakfast. The rooms are small (as most are in Paris), but perfectly formed and (unusually) well represented in the hotel’s pictures on here. Next time i'm in Paris I will definatley be staying here!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 11, facing out onto the street and it was suprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KEP87
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I must confess that I like large and spacious hotel rooms. I was therefore a bit apprehensive when my daughter informed me that the rooms in our Paris hotel were charming, but a bit small. All of my apprehension vanished when I stepped across the threshold of our lovely room. The charm of our room far outweighed its size, and although compact, we had all the room we required. As my daughter noted in her review, our only complaint, albeit a small one, was the lack of kleenex in the bathroom.
Our stay at Hotel Saint Germain was perfection from Slim's (the front desk manager) warm greeting, informing us that our room was ready, (although we arrived well before check-in time) to the excellent breakfast, and finally to our final sad goodbyes.
But I am already looking forward to my next stay at the "Tres Excellent" Hotel Saint Germain.

Room Tip: They all looked lovely to me, from the doubles to the singles.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GBS630
Weehawken, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Everything was fine until we got to the hotel and was told "due to a technical issue we do not have a room". We were put up for one night in a hotel not of the standard of Saint Germain. Beware of this happening too you. Read the reviews, two other people had the same thing happen to them, coincidence? Really? After a transatlantic flight I do not want to hear "did you get the message"? WE have no room for vous!

Room Tip: Not the 5th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caryn m
Hsg P, Directeur général at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comments and your stay in our hotel.
Please accept again our sincerest apologies for the disagreement caused during your first night.
We admit our responsibility; it rarely happens however some technical failure cannot be fixed prior the arrival of our guest.
All our guest expect a fully equipped rooms with no technical fault and that's why we prefer to find another room hotel nearby, same star & service rating.
Unfortunately the hotel will not have the same atmosphere and that makes the difference.
Our guest always received a call and/or email from our reception prior their arrival to inform them about the situation.
I truly understand your disappointment and be sure we are always trying to satisfy our client.
Sincerely yours
Virginie Daveu
Hotel manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our truly wonderful experience at Hotel St. Germain began months before we even arrived. Emails regarding accommodations, price and airport transfers were prompt and complete. I could tell that the staff cared about our experience even at the time of reservation. They confirmed in advance, and then when we finally arrived, very early due to the red-eye arrival, even had our beautiful room ready (you certainly can't count on that though). Our guest room on the fifth floor was lovely. The decor was charming - lots of toile wallpaper - and the bathroom, while tiny, was new and quite functional, with room for two of us to stow all of our toiletries (more room than at many hotels with very large rooms and baths). While the bathroom did not have any amenities (other than a hair dryer), the all-purpose organic soap/shower gel/shampoo/conditioner was the best I've used, even comparing with those items in five-star hotels. The bathroom really could use a box of facial tissue though. The room and bathroom were fresh and spotless, and the beds were quite comfortable. The included continental breakfast was generous and delicious, and the common areas for enjoying that meal were comfortable and very attractive. Above all, the staff, especially Slim, all went out of their way to be consistently friendly, responsive, and helpful. They anticipated needs we didn't even know we had, such as a lunchtime restaurant reservation when we thought none was needed (they were right). The location is outstanding, and the neighborhood is lively and fun. I will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RSS2011
Rancho cucamonga, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Paris multiple time and this was my favorite hotel so far!! The location was amazing, close to multiple cute shops with everything from chocolate shops to butchers. There is a ton of shopping very close by. Close to the louvre, musee D'orsey and the metro. The daily breakfast was nice, croissants, bread, cheese and then they walk around and offer drinks like cappuccino and hot chocolate. The staff was always so, so friendly and helpful and they all spoke beautiful English and allowed me to practice my horrible french without making fun of me.

My new favorite Paris hotel

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tiffkat2000
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just got back from Paris and stayed at Hotel Saint Germain, the hotel was perfect. The staff (Slim and Lawrence) made the stay even more enjoyable. The hotel was in walking distance to everything. The breakfast was very good, juices, cheese, croissants, breads,yogurt, fruit salad and the coffee was amazing. The hotel was very clean and the rooms small which is expected for Europe but the beds were very confortable. This is my 3rd time to Paris and will definately stay there again and recommend this hotel to everyone going.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends