“Christmas trip to Paris ”

Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
Ranked #882 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant hotel in an excellent location. Could not fault the staff. Only downside is next room to us had a bit of a party from 3am till 6am both days we were there. To be fair I did not complain to reception so not their fault but the other room very noisy.
Had a business class room so full English breakfast was included. The cooked breakfast was poor but you did get fruit, cereal, croissants, orange juice and tea or coffee.
If I went back to Paris would definitely still in this hotel.
Location and brilliant staff are the the best parts.
Paris is a beautiful place but on the whole the people of Paris I found to be rather rude and arrogant (not the hotel staff).

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overview: This was a great hotel located right off the side from the Arc de Triumph. You can see the Arc from from the front of the hotel. Its a small hotel nestled between buildings with 7 floors and 6 rooms on each floor. Surprisingly, the rooms were very spacious. The rooms were very clean and I cannot say enough about the staff. Every single person we encountered was extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us.

Location:
As stated earlier, you are right down the street from a main tourist attraction and its just a few min walk to the main Champs Elysee strip. Across the Champs Elysee is the Metro entrance (well there are several of them) and you are located on line 1 and 6. From line 1 you can get directly across the city center in a few stops, to the Lourve. From line 6 you can get directly to the Eiffle Tower, no transfers are needed. Depending which way you are facing by the Metra station, you can even see the Eiffle Tower.

Of course, the area itself is fully for tourists. Plenty of shopping and more pricey places for food but those are easily accessible and you can hop on the metra to get anywhere else you want (unless you don't mind a bit of a hike walking to the rest of the city. The rest of the tourist spots are spread around the city so being close to a metra is key in my opinion.

Room:
We had a room on the 6th floor facing the bank. The room was very spacious and the bathroom had a shower and separate bath. It was much larger then what I have been use to for European hotels. They even had a nespresso machine for my morning coffee. There was a fully stocked, though overpriced mini bar (water was 6 Euro for a small bottle) but a few buildings down is a store where you can buy anything you would want.

Staff:
The best part about this hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and pointed out everything we needed to see and gave clear directions. When we asked how to find a few restaurants that we had been recommended too, they always called the restaurant for us to make sure it was open and made reservations for us without us even asking. In addition to that, they would even google map it for us (as the tourist maps were missing the small side streets) and printed out better maps for us. I cannot say enough about all the staff as we bugged all of them at different times and each was friendlier then the next.

Getting there:

We arrived late at night to CGD so took a cab which was about 52 Euro. I don't recommend the cab unless you don't mind the price. The cab is at the north west part of the city while the hotel is pretty far east. You can take the metro though it takes anywhere between an hour to an hour and a half and get off at Charles de Gaulle Etoile stop where you then pop up by the Arc de Triumph. The hotel is down the road from there. It would be one transfer from the airport if you take the local train, switching at the city center. We bought a two day pass between all the zones for about 32-37 Euro which was well worth it. Be advised that the trains in France can be a bit.. well.. sketchy. Depending on the line you use the trains can be a bit worn looking, and for some, you need to physically open the door handles or push a button so don't stand there expecting them all to open.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I come back to Paris, for work or for fun. I did not eat at the restaurant or have any drinks from the bar as there were too many other places near by so I can't comment on those.

Great hotel, great staff and great location!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank slorin721
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is a small boutique hotel in a great location. Right next to the Arc De Triumph and a block away from the Camps Elysee. You can walk to Eiffel tower as well, about 15-20 minute walk. The staff was cordial and friendly. The only problem I had was the bed . I asked for a king which I got, but when I went to sleep I realized it was 2 twins in one frame. Very uncomfortable especially in the middle. It was reasonable priced considering the location. No breakfast included in my package. The room was somewhat small but not to European standards but the bathroom was a generous size and elegant. I would stay again and maybe just ask for a room with a nicer bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank smg2001001
RoulaSamaha, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for your feedback, indeed most of our king size beds are called 'zip &link' it is so to allow flexibility in terms of twins and doubles. We will note on your profile that you prefer a one mattress bed for your next stay.

Sincerely
Roula Samaha

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great location - right next to the Arc de Triomphe and a road away from the Champs Elysee. Actual hotel was nice enough. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Somewhat old though - the mirrors hadn't been cleaned so very spotty. The bathtub could use a bit of cleaning - especially the tiles around it. Biggest issue was the lack of thick walls/ceilings - noise levels from other rooms were high. Food - nothing notable. Overall, Average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rane84

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments, We appreciate your feedback, and we will take your comment about the walls thickness into consideration at the next refurbishment of the hotel.
Sincerely
Roula Samaha

Reviewed October 15, 2012

When looking at the different Radisson choices in Paris, based on the location alone I chose this property. I also liked the boutique feel of the hotel. Arriving on an early morning flight from Asia, I was surprised that a room was ready when I arrived at the hotel. I was upgraded to a business class room. The room was a good size for Paris, and featured a bed as well as a sitting area with two chairs and a table. The bathroom was large and featured a tub as well as shower. The hotel also delivered an evening snack of sweets - which was a nice touch. I liked the nespresso coffee machine in the room, but, found it easier to just order a coffee downstairs at the bar ( also free). The wifi worked great and the staff were all friendly. The location can't be beat. The metro is right outside the hotel ( well less than 2 min walk). I took the RER from the airport, knowing that during morning rush hour it would be quicker than the bus.It is easy enough RER B, to chalet les halles and transfer to RER A and get off at Charles de Gualle Etoile.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Renee0232
RoulaSamaha, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we appreciate your time and we look forward to welcome you again soon in Paris! a bientot .

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter and I visited Paris for six days from Oct. 4 through 9. We arrived on an overnight flight from Boston at 7:30 a.m. and the desk staff couldn't do enough to get our room ready even before check in time of 2:00 p.m. As other reviewers have commented the staff could not do enough to help when I requested. My French is limited so the fact that all the staff were English speakers made our visit wonderful. This small Radisson is conveniently located near the Champs Elysees and the Metro. Thank you all at the Radisson Blu for a pleasant visit to your beautiful City. Ellen and Amy R. Arlington, Ma.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fritzie0461

Dear Ellen & Amy, thank you very much for your positive feedback about the staff, we aim to provide unrivaled service experience and we are glad to see that we have met your expectations. We look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Upon check-in, I was upgraded tu a business room, with Nespresso coffee machine and a balcony (see the view from the balcony on the attached picture). The room was of good size for Paris, the bathroom had a bath and a separate shower and was big and well fitted!
I had breakfast à la carte, which is pricey, but the orange juice is freshly squeezed, and the food is made to order, which is also wonderful! 29 euros for English breakfast.
The best part of this hotel is the staff.
You are politely greeted every time you pass by the reception, the concierge sponteanously asked if I needed a map of Paris, the next time I passed by, I was asked if everything was alright until then... Really attentive staff makes a real difference in my opinion! Upon leaving in the evening, I was asked again if I needed an advice for a restaurant!

The location is wonderful, just steps away from Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysées.

As said in other reviews, there is some noise from the street that is audible in the room, even with the soundproof windows. But you really have to pay attention to it! I had a great rest during the night, not disturbed at all by the noise.

The room size is adequate for Paris, in my opinion, larger than in other hotels in the same category. But not really in the american standards (but hex, this is Europe)!

From Charles de Gaulle airport, my advice is to take AirFrance coach to "Charles de Gaulle - Étoile", which is the name of the square where Arc de Triomphe is located. For 17 euros, you'll be dropped at a 200 meters walk to the hotel, avoiding taxi charges or Metro slowness (a more than 1 hour ride with one change at "Châtelet les Halles" for 9 euros). The choice is now yours!

Room Tip: If you're noise sensitive and don't want the view of the Arc de Triomphe on the side of the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank seventynine
RoulaSamaha, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for you positive feedback, the team and I appreciate your time and comments. We all hope to see you here again soon. The issue you have mentioned with soundproofing is one we will be working on for next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulog...
#3 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Hotel Balzac
Hotel Balzac
#681 of 1,804 in Paris
Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris? Share your experiences!