“Budget Hotel clean, central but noisy location”

Hotel Central Saint Germain
Ranked #646 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Oxford
“Budget Hotel clean, central but noisy location”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend, pleasant room, clean but the location is very noisy. I would stay here again as it does what it says on the tin. The hotel is budget, but expensive, you expect this in such a wonderful cosmopolitan location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scarletwoman
centra22, Responsable réception at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, May 1, 2013

All our staff thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

Our staff does the best to offer to each client the best welcome and we hope that your next time in our hotel will be even better than this time.

Hope to see you back soon!

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Murphy, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I really had to think about how I was going to rate this hotel because I wanted to make sure that I covered everything and that I did not come across as some picky or difficult person. I want to make a note that I have traveled extensively and usually on a budget and so I don’t ever stay in high end hotels and I am use to Europe’s small hotels because of the buildings.

My first issue was the pictures posted, they are very deceiving; it is on the run down side as opposed to the pretty fancy pictures online. Secondly, what I paid for this hotel for what I got was shocking in a negative way. Third, my dog’s beds are more comfortable than these beds where and the mattress was on the floor. Fourth, there was a girl at the front desk who seemed like she was not cut out for the job. She gave me all kinds of incorrect information and she always seemed frazzled so every time you asked her something she never gave a direct or correct response. Fifth, the breakfast was not the greatest, especially for the price; you could walk to a café and get better food. Sixth, the room and halls smelled. I have stayed at hostels that where nicer than this hotel.

The only good thing about it was the location but I will not make the mistake of staying here again. The only reason I booked this hotel was because of the reviews but after experiencing the hotel for myself, I am shocked at all the wonderful reviews. From now on I will read every review and probably be a little hesitant to believe everything I read.
Whoever reads this does not have to take my word for it, you can see it for yourselves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KarinaP153
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

All our staff thank you for time you took to leave your message.

We are sorry to learn that your message is to much exaggerated and miss a lot of reality.

We invite you to read another comments on Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Late Rooms, Availpro where you will find more than 90% of comments positifs.

We hope that your next experience in our hotel will be much better than this one.

Hope to see you again to be able to prove you our best service.

The General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a total of six nights, and found it a perfect location for walking almost anywhere. In fact, it's also very close to the Metro and the RER B (which makes it a convenient spot from either Orly or Charles de Gaul airports. Walking us delightful: the Sorbonne is a block away; the Pantheon a block or so further; and the perfectly charming Place Contrascarpe just a little further (great Boulgangerie there!).

Although there was a small dining room for breakfast, I declined that so that I could explore. There are three classic movie theaters right on their street, and a charming sort of college bar (with a kitchen that closes at ten, although the bar doesn't close until two UN the morning). But don't let "college bar" discourage you! The "college" is the Sorbonne, after all.

The hotel's windows open wide (I was on the street side), so fresh air is available. A little noise from smokers from Le Reflet (the bar), but not much.

The garbage truck, however, comes through at about 6:30 in the morning.

But you should be getting up anyway! Enjoy waking up with Paris! As comfortable as it is, the great virtue of this hotel is it's location.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Runtour
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello,

First of all we would like to thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We were pleased to know that you stayed satisfied by our service and that the location of the hotel was ideal for you. Thank you for the ideas you gave to future clients. We are sure they will appreciate it.

We hope to see you back very soon !

Western Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently stayed four nights here and loved it. The rooms are a little on the small side but well presented and comfortable. Breakfast was provided and a great range of food was offered. Staff were friendly and very helpful with any questions we had or bookings we needed to make.There are lots of shops and restaurants close to the hotel and it was only a short walk to public transport. I would happily stay there again but would request a room away from the street as we were woken early each morning by the rubbish truck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

All our staff thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We are sorry that the size of the room was not enough big for you. We will try to provide you the bigger room next time. Just ask it and it will be done !

Thank you for the advise you gave to another clients about the room of country side. Thank to you the stay of another client will be even better than he would expect.

Hope to see you back very soon!

timisoara
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel enjoys an excellent location but ... We have booked a twin for 4 nights, but when we arrived they could only offer us a one bed standard double room. Unfortunately, our room was on the street side, so we were unable to sleep until 12 pm, and in the morning were wake up early by the street noise. Our arrangement included the breakfast which was almost average and the staff not very friendly.
Finally, after unpacking at home, I realized that a gold ring with a small diamond was lost. So, I wrote to the hotel, but after searching 3 or 4 days they said did not founded it. Now, I read that it is happened also for other visitors. Too bad for the owners!
Ne vous laissez surtout pas tromper par les prix, vous allez payer trois fois le prix par les objets qui disparaissent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on a fall weekend. The hotel was exactly what I needed it to be -- a convenient base for exploring the city on foot and Metro. Short walks to Notre Dame and Luxembourg gardens, among other things. The immediate neighborhood near the Sorbonne has a few restaurants that are quieter than the very crowded and touristy neighborhood just a few minutes walk north by the Seine. There's a cinema next door and another nearby, in case that interests you! Metro connections are good here, with Cluny-La Sorbonne just a block away and connected via tunnel to the couple-blocks further Saint-Michiel. When it's rainy those tunnels can be handy!

The room was small but comfortable and clean, with a smallish queen bed, two sitting chairs, desk, bathroom, wifi, and three skinny windows overlooking the street. Lots of velvety pillows and soft wallcoverings. The hotel staff was fine, friendly, neither too passive nor too chatty (I'm not sure what staff problems other reviewers are talking about!). The breakfast buffet was not worth the cost IMO, so I bought pain chocolat down the street the second morning!

We drove here, and I must say parking is inconvenient and expensive (always true in Paris I think). The hotel has nowhere to park momentarily to check in and unload; it's on a one-way one-lane road with no extra space. When we checked out, however, I simply parked the car in the middle of the road for 5 minutes while we grabbed the bags and loaded it up, and it was no problem. I parked underground several blocks away at "Parking Maubert Collège des Bernardins" which was 26 Euro per day - cheaper than a couple of closer lots.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

All our staff thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We are glad that your stay in our hotel was good and you enjoyed it. About our service of breakfast we will try to make it better, more various that for your next time you could have a wish to take it.

About the parking you are right. We are situated on the little street in the center of the town so there is no possibility to leave your car in front of the hotel. But you have a big choice of parking around, just 5 minutes to walk from the hotel. There is a possibility to leave your begs in the hotel (we have a room for it) and to go to park your car calmly.

We will be glad to see you again in our hotel and we hope that your next stay will be even better than this time !

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I recently booked a single room here on short notice, getting an excellent price via internet booking. The room was small, but very well designed, and, like the rest of the hotel, calm, quiet, lovely to look at, and comfortable in every regard. My booking gave me breakfast as part of the price, and so I stocked up on the buffet offerings before heading out for miles of walking in Paris the rest of the day. The setting is ideal, on a quiet street near metro stations, and all the color of the Quartier Latin, the restful beauty of the Jardins de Luxembourg, the Sorbonne, fantastic bookshops, St Sulpice, and more....Ideal! Finally, everyone I dealt with on the hotel staff was generous, kind, helpful, and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jamesday
centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

All our staff thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We were pleased to know that our service satisfied you and that the location of the hotel was ideal for you.

Our staff do the best to offer to each client the best welcome and we hope that your next time in our hotel will be even better than this time.
Hope to see you back soon !