“An exceptional hotel experience”
Review of Millesime Hotel

Millesime Hotel
Ranked #329 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Every now and then you stumble upon a hotel that meets and exceeds one's expectations, and becomes the place you can't stop bragging about to friends and colleagues. The Millesime Hotel is just such a place.

If you're looking for a roomy, comfortable boutique hotel within the heart of Paris, this is it. Located in the trendy 6th Arrondissement, the site is close to a host of cafes, restaurants, bars, bakeries, bistros, chocolatiers, art dealers, jewelry makers, clothing and accessory shops, and much, much more.

My spouse and I stayed at the Millesime Hotel for four nights in early January 2013. The hotel has a variety of rooms, as well as a suite. We were housed in Room 4 one of the three "classic rooms" off the interior courtyard, which was splendid. The room was indeed spacious by Parisian style, and the bathroom is huge. I mean REALLY big. If you've experienced the broom-closet rooms of Paris in the past, you'll be amazed by the size of the rooms at Millesime.

Two oddities to note about Room 4: It has no windows (but ample lights pours through the glass-paneled door and the transom window above it), and the sleeping area has no mirrors (though the bathroom sports three mirrors, including a full-length mirror behind the bathroom door).

Breakfast, which includes a selection of meats, cheeses, breads, yogurt, cereal, juices, milk and hot drinks, is located in the basement of the hotel, though room service is also available for those who prefer to have breakfast in bed.

The staff at the hotel is superb. They are well versed with the ins and outs of the Parisian lifestyle, and go beyond the call to address a guest's needs. A special thanks goes to Valerio and Inga, who helped with every aspect of our stay, including arranging transportation to and from the airport, securing a gift of flowers and a box of chocolates, and recommending a host of superb restaurants to try.

One tip: Be certain to checkout Au 35, a French restaurant on rue Jacob -- just a few blocks from the hotel -- that offers an amazing dining experience.

In short, if you're thinking about booking a room at the Millesime, do so without hesitation because you'll be treated royally by a great group of people.

Room Tip: The three classic rooms in the courtyard are quiet and comfortable, and the courtyard is available f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vadact
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this great review about the Millesime Hotel!

Your comments have been shared with the team and everyone is thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations.

We are really pleased that you and your spouse had such an enjoyable stay at the Millesime Hotel and that you were so satisfied with our services.

We hope we may welcome you back on another occasion!

All the best

Inga, Valerio and the rest of the team

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in the week before Christmas and had a wonderful time. The staff are extremely helpful and our room was charming and surprisingly large (for Paris). Each day there was a little (and very welcome) surprise in our room. We couldnt have been happier and would love to stay there again. Rue Jacob is an excellent location, and you can easily walk to Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame and indeed most of the major 'attractions' in Paris. We ate inexpensively at the local cafes and, at the hotel's suggestion, had amemorable dinner at La Grillade en Face. As another reviewer has commented, this is the perfect hotel for a first visit to Paris.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kimberley W
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for these great comments about the Millesime Hotel.

We are pleased to read that the Millesime Hotel was just perfect for your first visit to Paris!

Thank you for having mentioned the extremely helpful staff and the surprisingly large rooms.

We hope to have the occasion to welcome you on a next trip!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband & I just returned from a fabulous 5 night stay at Millesime. Having stayed at another hotel on rue Jacob we were familiar with this lovely quiet location, but the Millesime exceeded our expectations. The winter promotion made this an excellent value & the superior room(42) overlooking the rooftops was wonderful. Not only were we picked up at the airport, greeted by wonderful staff at reception, we were also treated to a bottle of wine in the room, and even another bottle later in our stay. The hotel is a charming boutique hotel with very attentive staff and a great breakfast buffet with plenty of options.

I highly recommend the Millesime & look forward to another stay when in Paris.

Room Tip: Room 42 was a spacious superior with a view of the rooftops.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hymjr

Dear Madam,

In behalf of all the team I would like to thank you for this great review about your recent stay at the Millesime Hotel.

We are most happy about your fantastic comments concerning staff, service and room, as well as our Winter Promotion which you consider excellent value!

Thank you for having highly recommended the Millesime Hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay in Paris

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed there for my mom's birthday in November. I booked the Winter Promo which included a one-way transfer from the airport, continental breakfast daily, two tickets the Seine river and 5th night free. Pick-up from the airport was smooth. Room was spacious enough for my mom and I and breakfast, although I prefer American breakfast, was actually very good and kept my mom and I full for most of the day. I had a few hiccups in the beginning with cleanliness and the tv not working properly, but that I told the manager and by the time I came back to the room, the issues were fixed. I was definitely impressed by that. Giada and Vincent at the front desk were very nice and extremely helpful with answering my millions of questions. All in all, it was a good hotel with great added perks. Also excellent location close to many restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TooNyce4Wrdz

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience at the Millesime Hotel with other travelers.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the booked Winter Special deal and the included breakfast, the staff at reception, as well as the great location!

I hope we may welcome you on a next occasion to the Millesime Hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great location: we were able to walk to most attractions and the metro stop was nearby, if needed. Charming room: large by Paris standards and spotless. Highly attentive and professional staff, full of advice. I would not hesitate to go back. I especially recommend his hotel if it is your first tine to Paris. Exceptional value

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 40somethingcdn

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback and for having mentioned the exceptional value of the Millesime Hotel.

We are all thrilled about your wonderful comments with regards to room and location, and especially about the one concerning the highly attentive and professional staff.

We hope we may welcome you back soon

Best regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My newly-wed husband and I stayed here in November initially for 5 nights and then travelled around France and Italy and came back for 2 nights.

We initially arrived at 8am and Inga was kind enough to have our room ready by 10am for us so we did not have to wait long after travelling all the way from Bali.

The room was upstairs in a gorgeous courtyard and was very private. It was clean, very comfortable, with tea/coffee making facilities, tv, great wifi and a large bathroom.

The front desk was very helpful recommending where to eat, what to see and including one of the highlights of our trip - an amazing river cruise at night along the Seine.

The breakfasts were also excellent - with a selection of croissants/pastries/bread/cheeses/ham/cereal/fruit/juice and as much coffee as you wanted. After spending 3 weeks in Europe, this was by far our favourite hotel.

On our first night we were also treated to a bottle of champagne and on one of the other nights a plate of beautiful macarons.

The location could not be more perfect - a 5 minute walk to the St Germain de Pres metro stop and a 5 minute walk to the River Seine/Pont Neuf. We hardly used the metro the location was so central. It had great restaurants and shops nearby as well.

Thank you Inga and your staff for making our honeymoon extremely memorable. We are very grateful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ACE101112
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this lovely and detailed review about the Millesime Hotel.

I am most pleased and touched that we could help making your honeymoon memorable!

In behalf of all the team I wish you the best for your couple and a very happy New Year

Inga

Reviewed December 10, 2012

As per another place we stayed, I've been meaning to review this one for ages, but just got too busy after our holiday. We had a simply wonderful stay here. When we arrived there was delicious wine for us as well as when we left. On my partner's birthday he actually received a lovely little gift, which we treasure as part of our stay in Paris. The hotel reception is 24/7, and both day and night they staff were lovely and helpful. They organised many of our bookings and gave us many useful tips. There's a laundrette nearby and lots of cafes and restaurants. (Highly recommend the Fish la Boissonnerie for dinner by the way! My partner had fish, but I had the most superbly cooked duck there and excellent wine.) We stayed in room 15 as recommended by someone else who provided a review. The door was a little hard to open and shut/lock, but the room was a comfortable size, and the bathroom was almost too big. Cleaned daily and well, though the cleaning staff had a bad habit of turning on the air-con. (Not sure why - I guess to clean the air out?? Yes it was summer, but this year July was actually pretty cool.) It made it quite uncomfortably cold at night, so we left a polite message and they never did it again. One night,unfortunately, we couldn't get into the hotel as there was only one person at reception and he had to lock the door so he could help someone in one of the rooms with their TV. He was very profuse in his apologies when he returned, though I do think the hotel should either provide a key to the outer door to guests or have a second person on reception at all times. Despite these niggly little things, I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Paris for the first time - simply wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Archie D

Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a nice review about the Millesime Hotel!

We are really pleased that you had a wonderful time in our hotel.

With regards to your comments about the lock, it is true that the system is a bit tricky and we will therefore replace it shortly. Thank you for having mentioned it!
Concerning night reception, we do indeed close the door for security reasons and the person in charge comes as quickly as possible once our customers ring the bell.
Please accept our apologies for any waiting delays.

Thank you once more for having highly recommended the Millesime!

We hope we may welcome you back one day…

HAPPY 2013