“Return visit!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #214 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Return visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This our second stay at the Millesime. Last year we were very happy this year not quite. We noticed a few annoying issues this year. Firstly we booked directly with the hotel (same as previous year) we were very clear that there were 3 of us as our daughter was with us, they quoted via email for 3 persons however on our arrival they were not ready for the 3 of us and wanted to charge extra! Luckily we had our emails on hand. Breakfast was not included but was previously. The reception staff were not as we had found last year, they were not intune with the local area and were unable to answer our questions however did google searches and printed the information. I feel that the personal service and passion for the local area that we experienced last year from the reception was lacking this year. The hotel is charming, warm comfortable and is located in an exceptionally convenient location and that is why we would probably return again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Panda59-Sydney
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review about the Millesime Hotel on tripadvisor and for mentioning the charming, comfortable hotel, as well at the exceptionally convenient location.

I am most happy that you choose our Hotel for your return visit to Paris and I am sorry to read that you were a bit disappointed about not finding the same staff you met last time.
The team remained actually almost the same since your last stay and the devotion to customer service is unchanged.
However, since all members of the staff take their annual holiday during summer, it is indeed possible that you do not find the same persons on two visits during this period.

Please accept my apologies with regards to the mistake upon room allocation. This was rectified immediately. Our records on your booking were in perfect accordance with your papers.
As to the room rate, we had the same special offers available as last year:
A room only rate, as well as the summer package deal including breakfast and other extras. The choice is up to our customers upon their needs…

I hope we may welcome you back on your next trip to Paris and I will be happy to take personally care of your reservation in order to make sure everything will reply to your needs!

Directrice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
coconut grove
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overpriced and everything is getting old. Really needs a facelift. Very disappointing. Only positive this in that the location is ideal. For a bit more money there are many better. Not much else to say and don't know why you are requiring minimum words...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 33map
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our hotel.

The Millesime hotel is in a 17th century city mansion with many old remains, such as the entrance, the original staircase or the vaulted breakfast room.
We proceed every year to renovation works in the rooms and public areas in order to maintain quality. This is followed up on a regular basis.

Your comments do unfortunately not allow me to understand which points might have caused your dissatisfaction.
Since feedback is a great help in order to satisfy our customer’s expectations, I would be most grateful if you came back to me in order to give me further information that I might use in a constructive way.

With regards to your comment “three stars tending to two”, I would like to remind you that the French hotel classification is different to what you can find in many other countries.
The Millesime Hotel largely satisfies French three star requirements, and, as you can read in comments from other customers, it provides great value compared with many other three star hotels in Paris.

I hope to hear from you soon and I would be happy to welcome you to the Millesime Hotel on a next occasion

Sincerely yours

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

After enjoying four nights at the Millesime Hotel on a recent trip to Paris, it's easy to see why this small boutique hotel, located in the heart of the Saint-Germain-des-Prés district, is ranked among the top hotels in the city. The location of the hotel is within an easy, and quite pleasurable, walk to many main attractions, such as the Seine River and cruise boats, Louvre and D'Orsay museums, Notre Dame Cathedral, University of Paris, Luxembourg Gardens ... well, you get the picture. A delicious, bountiful breakfast is available in a lower level room with arched brick doorways and ceiling; a quiet, serene garden courtyard; or your own room. The hotel staff, especially Giada, was most friendly, helpful and courteous, which was evident from the very first e-mail inquiring about room availability to arranging for transportation to the airport for our flight home to Boston. When we return to Paris, we'll return to the Millesime Hotel."

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank WilliamTW3
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for having shared such a great review with other travelers!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed location and staff so very much… Your compliments have been transmitted.

We all look forward to welcoming you on a next occasion

seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 12 nights and throughly enjoyed it. The hotel had everything we look for in a place to stay-location, clean, good internet, air conditioning and great staff.-(did I mention location and great staff). The hotel is located in a great area in St Germain de Pres. The metro is just around the corner, there are great restaurants, sights, (Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame etc) stores and the Seine all within walking distance. My daughter was thrilled that on one end of the block was the Isabel Marant store and on the other end the Lauduree. It was warm in Paris while we were there and it was a relief to come back to an air conditioned room at night. The staff were so friendly and efficient-love that! The ladies at the front desk were very helpful with directions, information and bookings especially Inga and Sieta and the ladies in the breakfast room were just lovely. On a previous vacation we had stayed at the Arc De Triomphe Sofitel and the Millesime has it beat for location and friendliness. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor so it would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

In behalf of all the team I would like to thank you for these lovely comments!

What a pleasure to read how happy you were with staff and location…

We all enjoyed having you with us and we hope we may welcome you again soon!

Thanks again and best regards

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Well upon arriving at the hotel we had some reservation complications so decided to check ourselves out immediately and look for other accommodation in the area which turned out to be the best thing we would have done. The superior double rooms look dated and overpriced for what you get. Comparing it to where we are staying now which is a few euro more you get a much more moden room and shower. The hotel is still charging us for our first nights accommodation but I would rather pay the fee and sleep somewhere decent. Perhaps the Millesime suite is better but your paying top dollar for it. Also the receptionist what not that friendly and didn't show us to our room. Also the limo was a Mercedes van so don't expect something lavish.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Colin G
Dear Sir,

I am most sorry to read that the Millesime Hotel was not what you expected.

After reading your comments, I would however like to clarify the points you mention:

• You explain that, upon arrival, you had some reservation complications and you therefore decided to check out immediately.
In fact, once you had arrived with the airport pick up included in the booked deal, you took possession of your room and you left the hotel a while later without any comments.
When you returned, you went straight to your room, picked up your bags and came to reception, informing the receptionist that you would be leaving.
You threatened that you would give us bad comments on tripadvisor if we charged you for the room or the private airport transfer.
We checked your room and realized that you had already used bed and bathroom. That made it impossible to resell it and, therefore, we charged you for the room and the transfer. Your negative comment was immediate.
• You mention that “the limo” was a Mercedes van “so don’t expect something lavish”.
I would like to point out that we promote “free airport transfers” in our packages.
We neither use the term “limo”, nor do we give any other misleading information about the car type.
The “greet and pick up” service with a personal driver is appreciated as great value by most of our customers.
• The Millesime Hotel is a three star hotel and we do indeed not show our customers to their rooms (thus not excluding that we help with luggage when needed). This service is standard in four and five star hotels.

It is most regretful that we could not meet your high expectations, but I hope you still had an enjoyful time in Paris.

Yours sincerely

clutj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The staff was very helpful via email in the weeks before my visit, making several reservations from my own research and also recommending some good restaurants -- a very good planning tool worth many euros..... My 2nd floor room was perfectly clean and very quiet (nicely insulated window but the street is already a quiet one), the air conditioning kept things cool, and the sheets were high quality and very clean. Also nice pillows. Medium sized room for the price, certainly lots in Paris are smaller, just one good sized window that opened to the main street. It wasn't luxuriously furnished, but it fit the 3-star category and was comfortable. The bathroom was perhaps a little bigger than some in this category, but expect a very narrow bathtub with a shower attachment and only a small panel to prevent splashing water onto the floor (hey, that's what they have in Paris, just figure out how to use it!). The hot water worked great. Maid service every day tidied up nicely. Good sized closet. The bath towels could have been a little thicker, but they weren't the thinnest I have had in Paris. The daily breakfast in the basement was very nice and the staff helpful, good variety, pretty decent chocolate chaud. I don't know how good a value it was to pay for separately, but my package included it. The car to and from the airport was nice and efficient (included in the 7 night package I had, which made the price an even better value). The location is great, convent to two metro lines and easy walks to the Orsay, the islands, Luxembourg Gardens... English spoken at the front desk just fine by several staff members.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank clutj
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments on tripadvisor!

Your compliments on the staff, the service and your room are most appreciated by the whole team…

We are glad that you enjoyed the booked package deal and we hope we may welcome you again on a next occasion

West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for 9 nights just recently. The room was adequate, actually large for Europe, the bathroom was very spacious with a nice deep tub to soak in after a long day of sightseeing! The air conditioner was super efficient! The hotel is situated in a fab neighbourhood with lots of amenities. Now to the best part!!! The service offered in this hotel was stupendous!!!! Inga is magic!! All our requests were met with cheer and efficiency. Inga even found me a hairdresser who gave me my fave cut EVER! Love this hotel. Will definitely return. Oh - breakfast was yummy - lots of choices from excellent quality food items!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lawyerlady2012
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

I am thrilled to read that you love the hotel and that you were so satisfied with room, service and breakfast!

It was a real pleasure having you and your daughter staying with us and we do all look forward to welcoming you again soon...

Best regards from all the team