“Free bottle of wine...”

Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants
Ranked #853 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was a decent stay. It is literally around the corner from the Louvre, which for some folks this is the ideal location, however the area is extremely busy. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is not the area for you.

The hotel itself is relatively clean; however it could certainly use a fresh coat of pain. My room was a single, but it was a decent size, however the bed was extremely uncomfortable. It was so hard it felt like I was sleeping on bricks. The bathroom itself was bigger than I expected but the shower was extremely small. I think another reviewer mentioned this, but on two occasions I had the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door and the maid entered the room.

Overall, this isn’t a bad hotel. You even get a free bottle of wine. I would say here again, if I could not find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very good location, 2 minutes from the Metro. 5 minutes from the Louvre
Very good service, helpfull staff.
Large and well equipped bathroom, Free WiFi in the room, relatively big safe in the room, efective and quiet aircondition... Clean...
Our room in the 3rd floor was very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room in the 3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location - Close to the Lourve, Boulanger, transport, other tourist attractions and shops! I was on the 2nd floor - my room was a little small (expected that) but the bathroom was a good size and they had a safe in the room! It was generally clean & the reception staff were friendly and helpful! I wasn't going to pay 11 Euro for breakfast - just as easy to go for a walk and explore what's around!!!!! I was a bit annoyed with the cleaning staff entering my room when the Do Not Disturb sign was present - it meant exactly that - especially whilst travelling overseas and about to head off again on an overseas flight!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a trip over by Eurostar. Excellent location near the metro, friendly staff and a clean if small room on the 5th floor (not the family room, the only other room on this floor). We travelled light and this was fine for us, but you may want to check with the hotel to ensure you do not end up on the 5th floor with heavy bags - the winding staircase from the 4th floor could prove difficult.

Liked the hotel, nice feel and clean as you'd expect, and thank goodness tea and coffee facilities in the room after a long day exploring. The top floor room was quiet and had a large roof window which let in plenty of light in the morning, though you could feel the rumble of the metro every now and then.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Family room on 5th floor. Lift only goes to 4th floor. Big room, clean &comfy.great bathroon.
Very friendly reception staff.
Only 2min walk louvre, 5min walk to les halles railway station, 10 min walk to opera. Metro 1 min walk.
Lots of restaurants that are reasonably priced.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cassandra H
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. We only stayed for 2 nights and yes the room was tiny (but the bathroom was big) but we didn't really spend that much time in the room. The location could not be beat, a 2 minute walk to the Richelieu entrance of the Louvre, several metro stops nearby, cafes just down the block.

The staff was amazing, particularly the gentleman working the front desk (Octavius I think). I had had my entire purse stolen the day before in Barcelona and was unable to cancel any of my credit cards before getting on the train to Paris. We showed up at 10am and he let me use the lobby phone for almost an hour, called the US Consulate for me, let us regroup in the lobby and was just generally polite and helpful all the way around. Definitely made up for the rudeness and unhelpfulness I experienced in Barcelona.

Room Tip: pros: location, staff and bathroom. cons: tiny rooms, hallways and elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having stayed in Paris a few times before and never in spring/summer I thought the price for what you get with this hotel is rather expensive. Their rate for a standard room of 209 Euros per night however you can get it cheaper on booking.com and thank god we did. I was expecting a chic boutique hotel and it was just a dolled up Hostel. Yes the location is good and that’s the best I can say about the Hotel. The photos on their website are not what you actually get! The bed is really uncomfortable and small with a large bed cover that clearly never gets washed as it smells and was very dirty. The room is small as are the corridors and lift. Upon arriving at the Hotel on check-in I felt the receptionist was a bit moody and didn’t pay much attention to us, it was a maze through corridors to get to our room (307) and I tripped very badly on a vacuum pipe that the maid had left lying on the corridor floor - don’t think they take health and safety very seriously in Paris! As mentioned before I really didn’t know what to expect for my money at this time of year but I certainly expected better than this and would advise that you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here call or email ahead and ask for a big room, their rooms vary in sizes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple