“Small and cozy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,219 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Moscow, Russia
“Small and cozy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very small hotel, rooms are tiny, centally located, very near Champs-Elysees, elevator barely fits one person and a large suitcase, stayed on the top (7th) floor, view of Paris roofs was nice, helpful staff. Overall stay was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aleevskidm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at the Rond-Point Hotel Champs-Elysees. I must say that the entire experience was great. The hotel was lovely and the staff was beyond friendly and helpful. The room was quite adequate....beautifully decorated, spacious, and clean! It is conveniently located. I would stay there again, without question!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie101010
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I checked in on Friday and checked out on Tuesday. I too was told that the radiators would be fixed on Monday but it didn't happen. Reception staff didn't care and were abrupt except the one on Monday night.
The toilet ran all the time but they wouldn't fix it. Wifi didn't work in the room, had to pay the for total stay in advance and now I know why. Forget about breakfast as there are excellent other establishments nearby and much cheaper.
An iron was supposed to be available upon request. You aren't allowed to iron in the room but on a landing on the stairs between floors 4 and 5.
On reading some of the other reviews I think that the receptionists must be writing them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PeterCCCC M
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This would have been a great hotel, had its manager been even remotely professional.

We arrived for a two night weekend stay, and barely slept the first night, shivering in the cold. We realised the next morning that the radiators weren't working. When we spoke to the concierge, he told us that unfortunately the heating wasn't working yet. Hmm... mid October and 10 degrees outside, and at a cost of Euros 230 a night, and no heating? We asked him why we weren't informed that there was no heating available before we arrived and he shrugged and said that the weather had only just turned cold. He agreed that it was not professional not to inform guests that the heating wasn't on. When we asked what could be done about it, he said, "nothing, I'm afraid, it won't be fixed until Monday." (My husband, I, and my son, were over for the weekend only, as a very special treat, so Monday was no good for us).

I asked him to phone his manager and see if we could be relocated to another hotel, or given a discount for the Euros 560 we were obliged to pay in advance, upon arriving at the hotel. He did so, and the manager clearly couldn't care less. The manager refused to relocate us or provide a discount, and instead instructed the concierge to go to the basement to get some blankets and provide us with extra ones. It has t be said, both the concierges we met in the hotel were very apologetic (after we complained) and nice. But it was so cold that condensation built up on the windows the following morning (I took pictures). Did the manager, who seemed to be at some remote location offer an apology? No. A discount for not letting us know about the heating situation before we came or before charging us for our entire stay upfront? No. A complimentary meal? No. Any civility? No.

On top of this, the hot water ran out after my husband had a shower, meaning there was no hot water for me or my son. At 2am, the noise from the traffic on the street below woke us both up, with a lot of honking etc. Same again at 3am. Before we left, my son developed a hacking cough, which I credit to the cold. This could and should have been a great stay at an amazing hotel. If the manager had even been the least bit apologetic about the situation, had gotten on the phone with me and offered to nip out and buy an electric heater or send us to another hotel, i would have rated them. Instead, she or he left the people at the front desk helpless to do anything but offer us blankets. I don't think any hotel this unprofessional should be awarded with anyone's patronage.

Room Tip: Make sure, if you are visiting this unprofessional and rude hotel, that you don't get a room ove...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maha K
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

so rude on reception , terrible hospitality, i did make a reservation trough booking.com, i called to make sure so i state that we r 4 persons even we talked too much (it was the night shift), he reply to me that i state on booking.com that we r 3 persons , so i reply back no we r 2 adults and 2 child , first he says no then i told him i can pay extra fees so he said ok come and than we will manage after i came with my family, the respectable receptionist told me no we cannot take u and your family, they can told me this from the beginning without telling me to come.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ismail d
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is like my second home, spent so much there already. Staff, especially the receptionists, are beyond friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and very tidy, although some are a bit old-fashioned. Breakfast is basic but good. Perfectly located in the center in safe neighborhood, near to shopping, culture and lots of restaurants. Rooms on 5th, 6th and 7th floor in the front are the nicest.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BelgianPA
roma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

First positive impression: we got the spacious room as well as the bathroom with a bathtub as per our request, as many rooms have showers only. However, during our whole stay we only saw a concierge, no bell-boy was available. We did not eat the breakfast buffet, but went for a coffee and a croissant in a nearby bakery, so cannot judge the breakfast. No bar available. The rooms had been rennovated and were nicely furnished. Had a view onto the road, got woken up once in the early morning hours by some young drunkards in the street. The very best of this hotel is its location, 1 minute from the Champs-Elyssees. The first evening we walked to the Madeleine, the Opera, Place Vendome and back through the Tuileries Gardens and Place de La Concorde.
Suggestions: have a glass of champagne at the very elegant corner bar/restaurant when entering the street Ponthieu arriving from the Champs-Elysees (Le Berkeley),plus we had our best dinner in Paris at the restaurant "Villa Spicy" which is five feet from the hotel when entering Avenue Roosevelt. (not spicy at all, but everything very refined)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple