“It was fine for me.”

TIMHOTEL Paris Gare De Lyon
Ranked #1,212 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night before travelling on from Gare De Lyon train station the following day. Hotel is quite easy to find, literally is 5 mins walk (if that) to the main entrance of the station which looks quite impressive at night when all lit up and a good station to base a few days exploring in Paris. The hotel itself was fine for me. I have stayed in one of these before in northern Paris with my partner and know all too well about the very small rooms, however, I thought this would be fine for just me, it turned out to be very fine because I had a triple room all to myself - typical. The room and bathroom were spotless with all new towels and bedding etc and not one sign of the previous occupants. I was in a back room so my view was a wall of the next building, but there again I was in Paris so didn't spend much time in the room so this did not matter. Overall, for the cost and location it was a really nice stay. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, 13 euros for a buffet but there are plenty of other places if you just want a coffee and bun, let's face it the French eat buns for breakfast.

Room Tip: I was in room 410 which was next to the lift, not a problem for me because I can sleep through anyth...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank P T

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall, good. However, the room seems that it was built around the bed, with the ability to take 2 steps and be in the restrooms. The restroom was so small, had to leave the door open when taking clothes off to shower. Location is good, but it's Paris, just about anyplace is a good location. 13 euros for all you can eat breakfast. Giving it a try tomorrow.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Fortunately I stayed there only one night. My room was smaller than in the offer, because we had booked other room than we received at check in time (ours was not available and we received keys to different room than in the showed documents). The room was very, very small, dirtly, the towels were unchanged and we found dirty ones on the floor in thebathroom, shampoo and soap was missing and last but not least the bin was full. It was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The only advantage is the distance from Gare du Lyon is very short from this hotel. The breakfast was quite good because the choice of food was quite big.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed for three nights in April. The room is on the small side -- the double bed took up most of the space -- and the bathroom was tight (I kept accidentally bumping in the wall-mounted hair dryer). WiFi in the room was free but spotty, perhaps because I was at the far end of the 1st floor (connections in the reception were fine). At € 89 per night I was more than satisfied. Folks at the front desk were helpful, the room was very clean, and proximity to Gare de Lyon made getting in and out of the city easy. This is a solid three star proprty and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The room was a good size and the bathroom was massive; both were lovely and clean. Our main gripe was that we had requested a double room with a queen bed, and were given a twin room. On telling the hotel manager, he investigated the room and only after a good 5 minutes of looking at it did he declare that there were no other rooms available. We weren't convinced but didn't argue.

The room was on the ground floor next to the breakfast room and it was noisy in the morning from about 7am onwards. We could also feel rumblings from the metro line directly beneath us. This wasn't an issue for us, but lighter sleepers should request a room on a higher floor.

Reception staff were generally friendly and there was a place to leave our bags safely on the day we checked out.

We paid half price for the room (99 EUR) and would not have wanted to pay full price for the same room. Breakfast was not included in the price.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs to avoid metro rumblings and breakfast room music.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julia C
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The rooms are very small , is it noisy (even during the night ).
The free WIFI is unstable. I am used to work at night when I am travelling and that time I was not able to do it as the WIFI was too unstable .
Not a good choice for business travellers that have to work worth people overseas....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days in March 2012. The bed does take up most of the room but it was comfortable. Desk, phone, tv, closet, 2 nightstands & clean, efficient bathroom. Toiletries supplied, computer in lobby for guest use, newspaper each day, friendly front desk staff. They let me check in at 10 am!! Luggage room for storage at noon checkout. 2 grocery stores on rueLyon (Carrefour & Monoprix). 5 min walk to Gare de Lyon. 20 min walk along Seine River to Notre Dame. Great location. I got a 20% discount by booking the hotel through the tourist bureau at the train station.

Room Tip: Room away from construction on the corner building Window ledge was a convenient overnight refriger...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo