“The worst hotel ever!!!!!!”
Review of Hotel Saint-Roch

Hotel Saint-Roch
Ranked #1,251 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Florida
“The worst hotel ever!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This hotel is a 'dive'. Don't even think of spending even 1 night here - you would be disappointed. The rooms don't look anything like the website photos show. The cabins on a ship are twice the size of these rooms. They are not cleaned daily, you have to beg for a little shampoo; the front desk staff are nasty and not accomodating, for the most part.
After sightseeing all day, we never wanted to come back to the hotel, and I use the term 'hotel' loosely. Do yourself a favor - do not even think of staying here!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank biscotti29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Saint Roch on 28 May 2008 for 3 nights. Previously we had stayed at this hotel in February 2005 in room 62 and liked this room so much (top floor, large and quiet), that we booked this same room again for this visit. The hotel e-mailed us twice in February (over 3 months previously) confirming our reservation of room 62 in writing, and again when we e-mailed them a week before our departure in May reminding them of our reservation of room 62 they did not inform us that this room was now not available. Upon our arrival on 28 May they now said we couldn't have room 62, but gave us a room lower down, with old carpeting covering up holes in the floor, shabby furniture and noisy from the room above. When we showed them their e-mails confirming our reservation of room 62 for us, they just shrugged and said the room now had someone else in it and "he was sleeping" . The fact that the hotel could ignore their promised written room reservations seems most unprofessional. Although the actual beds were comfortable, we would never stay here again as we now know that this hotel does not honour their written agreements.

• Liked — Beds and coffee
  • Disliked — change of room, previously promised by hotel in writing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Sapphire53

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Dublin
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The location is fab. Within walking distance of the Louvre and Jardins de Tuilieres. Nice queit street so very little noise from outside. The staff are very friendly and helpful. However the hotel does need a bit of an overhaul. The carpet is old and ground down in some areas. The floors are lumpy in places too! The lift is TINY and really only fits one person with luggage. The rooms are kept clean and have nice french balcony windows to let in the breeze. The pillows are very flat and hard tho so we had to ask for another set which the staff did graciously. If on a budget and you want to be near all the main sites its a great location, it just needs some re-decorating.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Old rooms in need of an update
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Duffsgal
Georgia
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Great place.. I stayed here 3 times. Location is unbeatable; price is moderate; rooms and service are very adequate..... Jimmy Hall/ writer

Stayed October 2003
1 Thank hjimmy577
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Saint Roch in April 2004 on my first trip to Paris. While my room was small and simple, I found the hotel overall to be a great value (at approx. 75 euro/night). As a solo female traveler, I found the location to be excellent and within easy walking distance to everything. The staff were extremely friendly and readily offered assistance with dining recommendations, directions, etc. I definitely recommend the hotel and would return again.

• Stayed April 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2005

This gem in downtown Paris is a bargain & well located with friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2005

I stayed at this hotel on my first trip to Paris and found it was a good value for the money. The room was small, but they often tend to be small in many European hotels. The location is superb. I would stay there again, if not for the problems that I experienced on my second trip. I made a reservation couple months before that tarvel, but my husband and I decided to rent an appartement instead and canceled hotel way before the cancelation deadline stated on the hotel web site (I think it had to be canceled a week prior to the trip). Nevertheless, the hotel management charged us for 3 nights stay and refused to reconsider. While in Paris we checked with them that they rented our room, which means that they got money twice for the same room. Eventually we got the money back through the credit card dispute but the entire situation was not pleasant. If you book in this hotel and have to cancel, make sure that you have records of faxes, dates, confirmations, print outs with their cancelation policy from their site, etc. in case you need to have prove for credit card dispute.

BTW, the hotel down the street, Londres, is under the same management and I had the same issues on my other trip, with the only difference that thanks to my persistence, once they rented my room, they credited my card. They seem not to honor their own cancelation policy.

• Stayed March 2004