“Hotel only of sleep”
Review of Hotel Saint-Roch

Hotel Saint-Roch
Ranked #1,321 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Meanwhile, the sheet had not exchanged it even once though it stayed for five
days. But,it was a convenient place in doing anything.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was at this hotel last week. The website presentation is absolutely nothing like the real place. It is the worst place I have ever stayed with construction going on right outside my door. I had to make my way thru painters on ladders, workmen sanding, drilling and hammering to reach my room. Each day reception would tell me it was only for a brief time, but it was every day, so they were lying and taking advantage of me so they could get the construction work done. When I told them I had to leave because not only was it unfair, it was unhealthy, it was wrong (if not illegal) for them to do construction in front of my room while I was a guest in the hotel. Dusty, dirty and endless noise. They refused to refund my prepay.
I am a petite person but there was hardly enough space to even turn arund in the room which smelled like pee. There is exactly 14" between the wall and the bathroom sink which you have to slide past in order to reach the shower. The hotel in general is extremely shabby, neglected and in my opinion, unsafe. Creepy experience. Please value yourself and book somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank FrenchGypsyManoush
Reviewed March 16, 2012

What a wee treat. I was in Paris for the first time, for one night with my children in December, Hotel St Roch, in its tiny street of art and antique shops, fitted our needs well. The staff were personable and helpful and once we had familiarised ourselves with the lift, and self-timing light switches for the stairwell, we could appreciate our large bathroom, the hotel's charm and its fantastic situation. Not only were we close to all the above mentioned attractions but just around the corner from top-end fashion stores - my fashion savvy daughter was overawed. On the down side, the narrow room fitted with double and single bed had little space to layout baggage for three people; and for my own comfort, even in December, I found the central heating too cloying. The need to have the window open overnight exposed us to the street's nightlife, but I was grateful for crisp bed linen including a top sheet and layers of bedding to manage my nightime comfort. Thankyou! Judging by the make-up of other guests - late middle-aged couples and individuals, this hotel is a valued city base for French people visiting Paris.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Jeneane_12
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The St Roch is your typical quaint little 2* but it is clean, functional and charming. Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and the view out the window is so Parisian! Tiny elevator that is accessible from the ground floor but if you stay on the very top floor you'll need to walk up a spiral staircase - but my Mum managed & she's in her 70s! Close to absolutely everything. We were a stone's throw from so many local restaurants and just a short walk from either the Louvre, Tuileries, Place de la Concorde ... Great cafe and decent laundromat at the nearby market place and still it's a 10 minute walk to the Opera and the Grands magasins (big department stores) Truly a great find - thanks to a friend, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! (Unless I won the Euromillions & then I'd go to the Bristol... heh!) This little hotel doesn't get rave reviews here but I took a chance & I'm so happy I did! Merci!

Room Tip: Ask for the attic room - the Superior...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank KiraBeauty
Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hhotel has a great central location but that was the only positive during my stay. I arrived on a hot sunny day in April and after checking in asked if I could have the remote control for the air-conditioning unit in my room; the receptionist promptly informed me the air-conditioning was not available until May and the hot weather was uncharacteristic for April. He suggested I open the windows to cool the room and when I explained the noise from the street would keep me awake he dismissed my concern with an explanation that the street was quiet in the evening. Not really helpful - I had hoped he would fix the problem byb simply providing the air-conditionig control. I stayed on the fifth floor at the front of the building and opened the windows to cool the room, as a result I hardly slept... I would liike to say that I enjoyed the noise of traffic and the early morning refuse collections but this was simply not the case. At check out I expressed my dissatisfaction but quite frankly I would have been better off chewing my own ear judging by the response from the receptionist. All round, a dismal stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Worldfirst
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for two nights in September 2010. As I'd never been to Paris before, my partner surprised me with a stay in a hotel right in the centre. We couldn't have asked for a better location to see all the sights, everything was within walking distance and we had an amazing time. While it wouldn't be a hotel we'd choose to spend a lot of time in (it was literally sleep, shower and out), the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. On returning home, I was surprised to find out how much it cost, as much as a four / five star in Ireland, however the location was worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DublinGenericname
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This hotel is a 'dive'. Don't even think of spending even 1 night here - you would be disappointed. The rooms don't look anything like the website photos show. The cabins on a ship are twice the size of these rooms. They are not cleaned daily, you have to beg for a little shampoo; the front desk staff are nasty and not accomodating, for the most part.
After sightseeing all day, we never wanted to come back to the hotel, and I use the term 'hotel' loosely. Do yourself a favor - do not even think of staying here!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple