“Awful, I wish I had read the reviews before booking...” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Saint-Roch
Ranked #1,215 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Awful, I wish I had read the reviews before booking...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hhotel has a great central location but that was the only positive during my stay. I arrived on a hot sunny day in April and after checking in asked if I could have the remote control for the air-conditioning unit in my room; the receptionist promptly informed me the air-conditioning was not available until May and the hot weather was uncharacteristic for April. He suggested I open the windows to cool the room and when I explained the noise from the street would keep me awake he dismissed my concern with an explanation that the street was quiet in the evening. Not really helpful - I had hoped he would fix the problem byb simply providing the air-conditionig control. I stayed on the fifth floor at the front of the building and opened the windows to cool the room, as a result I hardly slept... I would liike to say that I enjoyed the noise of traffic and the early morning refuse collections but this was simply not the case. At check out I expressed my dissatisfaction but quite frankly I would have been better off chewing my own ear judging by the response from the receptionist. All round, a dismal stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Worldfirst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for two nights in September 2010. As I'd never been to Paris before, my partner surprised me with a stay in a hotel right in the centre. We couldn't have asked for a better location to see all the sights, everything was within walking distance and we had an amazing time. While it wouldn't be a hotel we'd choose to spend a lot of time in (it was literally sleep, shower and out), the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. On returning home, I was surprised to find out how much it cost, as much as a four / five star in Ireland, however the location was worth it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank DublinGenericname
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

This hotel is a 'dive'. Don't even think of spending even 1 night here - you would be disappointed. The rooms don't look anything like the website photos show. The cabins on a ship are twice the size of these rooms. They are not cleaned daily, you have to beg for a little shampoo; the front desk staff are nasty and not accomodating, for the most part.
After sightseeing all day, we never wanted to come back to the hotel, and I use the term 'hotel' loosely. Do yourself a favor - do not even think of staying here!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank biscotti29

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Saint Roch on 28 May 2008 for 3 nights. Previously we had stayed at this hotel in February 2005 in room 62 and liked this room so much (top floor, large and quiet), that we booked this same room again for this visit. The hotel e-mailed us twice in February (over 3 months previously) confirming our reservation of room 62 in writing, and again when we e-mailed them a week before our departure in May reminding them of our reservation of room 62 they did not inform us that this room was now not available. Upon our arrival on 28 May they now said we couldn't have room 62, but gave us a room lower down, with old carpeting covering up holes in the floor, shabby furniture and noisy from the room above. When we showed them their e-mails confirming our reservation of room 62 for us, they just shrugged and said the room now had someone else in it and "he was sleeping" . The fact that the hotel could ignore their promised written room reservations seems most unprofessional. Although the actual beds were comfortable, we would never stay here again as we now know that this hotel does not honour their written agreements.

• Liked — Beds and coffee
  • Disliked — change of room, previously promised by hotel in writing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Sapphire53
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

The location is fab. Within walking distance of the Louvre and Jardins de Tuilieres. Nice queit street so very little noise from outside. The staff are very friendly and helpful. However the hotel does need a bit of an overhaul. The carpet is old and ground down in some areas. The floors are lumpy in places too! The lift is TINY and really only fits one person with luggage. The rooms are kept clean and have nice french balcony windows to let in the breeze. The pillows are very flat and hard tho so we had to ask for another set which the staff did graciously. If on a budget and you want to be near all the main sites its a great location, it just needs some re-decorating.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Old rooms in need of an update
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Duffsgal
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2007

Great place.. I stayed here 3 times. Location is unbeatable; price is moderate; rooms and service are very adequate..... Jimmy Hall/ writer

Stayed October 2003
1 Thank hjimmy577
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Saint Roch in April 2004 on my first trip to Paris. While my room was small and simple, I found the hotel overall to be a great value (at approx. 75 euro/night). As a solo female traveler, I found the location to be excellent and within easy walking distance to everything. The staff were extremely friendly and readily offered assistance with dining recommendations, directions, etc. I definitely recommend the hotel and would return again.

• Stayed April 2004