“Comfortable In Paris”

Hotel Saint-Louis Marais
Ranked #1,173 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 8, 2014

When I return to Paris I will probably stay here again, the room, a triple on the top floor, was nice and the location was excellent. Great area for shopping, close to most things including the subway, restaurants, Notre Dame Cathedral. It's literally just a couple of minutes walk to the River Seine. Less then a block away is a bakery and a delicious restaurant that is frequented by locals and most of the staff speak very little English (and I don't speak French) but they were nice and helpful and our meals there were superb.
Fun surprise for us, we were there during the Gay Pride parade and it went right the Marais dist. Also, France was in the World Cup and that made things lively (unless you were in a car/taxi in which case sometimes you just weren't moving at all).
Anyway, the hotel has a plain exterior but a cozy and attractive lobby with a spiral staircase and friendly and helpful attendants 24 hours a day. The day person was especially helpful and patiently assisted me with printing out our plane boarding passes. The tiny elevator only goes to the 3rd floor so we had to haul our luggage from there up to the 4th floor and while that's not really overly burdensome, I don't pack light, so...
Our room (a triple) was fun. It was small but had windows that opened and provided plenty of sunlight. There was a sofa that pulled out into a bed but we kept It as a couch because as a bed it was painfully hard and took up so much room. Being the shortest member of my family I slept on the couch. The other beds were two twins (again with the hard mattresses) pushed together but each with separate bedding so it really was just two twin beds in close proximity to each other.
The bathroom was nice, large and with a window that opened for both sunlight and fresh air. Odd thing, there were plenty of outlets in the sleeping area and by the desk, but none in the bathroom.
The room has a coffee maker (comes with complimentary cookies, coffee, and cocoa) and a safe. The mini fridge was great and well stocked with water, sodas and juice; most of the items were cheaper then if you bought them at a bakery or other store.
You should know there is no laundry service associated with the hotel. There is a self service laundry place near by but I was not willing to spend my limited time in Paris sitting in a laundry mat but, fortunately, it was easy to find stores that carried socks and underwear.
My husband and son would definitely choose to stay there again, as for me, probably.

Room Tip: Top floor was very nice. The room had good air conditioning, plenty of windows (all of which open...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SWilson10

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. As others have said the room is on the small side but very comfortable and clean. The shower was wonderful. I also liked being able to open the windows. Quiet at night which made for a good nights sleep. Sylvain was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The location is great for walking to many sites. Restaurants and shopping nearby. Without a doubt I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The room was small but the bath newly renovated , modern and large. The neighborhood is quiet at night but very convenient to restaurants, metro, bus, Isle de Cite, Isle de Saint Louis. We loved the river walks and the Hotel is a short walk to the Seine. Another great walk is along the Canal St. Martin to the Bastille and beyond. There is a river cruise line that operates out of the Canal and we took the 9pm cruise which takes you out the canal, through a lock to the river, and to the Eiffel Tower at 10 pm just when all of the lights are coming on, then back home by 11.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My daughter and I just spent 3 nights in this lovely little hotel in Paris and loved it! The location in Marais was great- we did not know this district well and literally fell in love with this area. It is so quiet and not full of tourists. The hotel is on a quiet alley - just a short walk from Notre Dame and many other Parisian sites.

Our room was small, but lovely and the bathroom was amazing- totally redone! We loved breakfast- it was a complete buffet.

The manager, Arib, was wonderful. We had an incident where the people across from us were very loud - late into the evening. It kept us awake and was very inconsiderate and annoying. The next morning, I told Arib that if it happened again, I would be confronting the guests and i wanted to give him a heads up. His response "Oh no, you will not confront- you call down to the front desk and WE will take care of it- this is not your problem" Alas, the following night they were again loud, I called down to the front desk and they took care of it immediately. The noise stopped…..

Arib also gave us restaurant recommendations within walking distance and they both were fantastic, quiet and tourist free!

We were in a top room and it was lovely- definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The top floor was lovely
2  Thank Kelly L
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Hotel Saint Louis Marais recently and would highly recommend it. The location is great for access to many of the sights of Paris-- Metro nearby and walking distance to Notre Dame. It's location on a quieter side street makes for good sleeping. (The only caveat would be narrow winding stairways which might be a problem for some.)
We were in two different rooms during our stay and both we're clean and comfortable, and we found them charming. The nice bathrooms and huge showers are a plus! Also, just a few doors away is a handy laundromat.
Daytime staff are wonderful-- Sylvain and Farah were very helpful and pleasant. We didn't have much contact with evening staff, although when we needed something it was taken care of.
We did not take breakfast there, so can't comment. Nearby restaurants were good and also nearby is a Monoprix and large shopping street with just about everything you could want.
I would definitely stay here again when in Paris.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here for four nights on our recent trip to Paris and found the accommodations to be very comfortable and a good value. The hotel is in an excellent location near three metro stops and the wonderful Marais district. The room was typically small for a big city hotel but was very well appointed. The bathroom, in particular, was very nicely done with a huge shower and excellent lighting. There was also a large amount of closet space in our room, especially for a small room. We did not try their breakfast, preferring to get fresh fruit from the vendor just down the street and baked goods from one of the local boulangeries. My only (small) complaints were that I could not get ice (used restaurant down the street instead) and the night staff was not very helpful. The daytime staff was great, however. We will probably stay there again next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pisces0307
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the tail end of our 17 day European vacation. We stayed in the annex which was located near the hotel. The room was very large and the bathroom had a fabulous shower with water so hot that it could have literally burned us. It was by far the best shower on our trip. Staying in this room was basically like staying in an apartment without the kitchen as we had our own keys and didn't have to go through the main hotel very often. It's a very small boutique hotel and we really enjoyed the Marais area of Paris. It was located convenient to the subway stop and we would definitely stay here again. I would suggest adding one more outlet to the bathroom as there were no outlets conveniently located to the mirror upstairs in the room. The only other thing was we noticed some stains on the bed quilts. I should have asked for new ones but didn't bother. For $300 a night, I thought that the quilts shouldn't have stains on them. We did a lot of research on hotels prior to booking here and overall this hotel was great.

Room Tip: Stay in the Annex if you can.