“Very disappointed”

Ranked #68 of 574 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Driver-Guide-France arrange private sightseeing tours by cars/minivan/minibusses driven by an English speaking driver who is also an official, qualified tour guide ! that means he/she has the knowledge for guiding you properly during a sightseeing tour but He/She can also guide you within musems and monuments ,such as Le Louvre,Versailles palace so that you'll skip the main lines ! also ,within Notre-Dame cathedral,the castles along the Loire river ! he/she has knowledge about the most visited sites (outdoors ) such as the wines region : Champagne and Burgundy and so many other sites throughout the country !a private car allows you a great autonomy ,you can go and stop everywhere,whenever !we arrange tours from Paris basically and also from the Eurostar train station downtown Paris.NEW in 2017 from Avignon/Aix en Provence train stations and Port of Marseilles
Reviewed May 18, 2013

After reading the wonderful tripadvisor reviews on Driver Guide France Private Tours, I emailed Christophe inquiring about his availablity this fall while our family is in Paris. He did not respond but forwarded my email to a 'colleague' in another tour company -- a company I cound not find on the internet. When I emailed Christophe a second time, he answered with a curt one line note. I was so surprised, disappointed and hurt! I hope he was just having a bad day.

8  Thank Grama1999
Driver-Guide-France, Owner at Driver-Guide-France, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I'm sorry I can't identify you since I can't find your email address in my Gmail account ! may be you send me an email with another email address ? Anyway,just in case , you really sent me an email and I answered you that I was not available but I can give you the name of a colleague , it was in order to help you (like all the other clients when they ask for me and I'm not available ! I just try to help ! you know I'm working alone and I can't divide myself in 2 ( i wish I could ), when 2 persons are asking for me the same day ! this is why I'm used to working with very reliable colleagues ! It is not mandatory to be on the internet ! provided they are registered properly and the feedback are good (since I always ask to the clients,after their tour to send me their feedback)
Do I deserve a "bad mark " for that ? I'll let you be the judge !

All reviews
"great trip"
"well worth the cost"
"picnic lunch"

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Christophe went out of his way to make our first trip to the Louvre exceptional and still easy on the kids. Around the Louvre, he was able to curate the best overview of the 1st,2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th and 6th arrondissements in a way that positively influenced our mental model of the city, and inspired us, on subsequent days, to take the best, and most appropriate forms of transport to see many of the sites he introduced us to. For an intro and overview of Paris and the Louvre, as well as a super friendly, helpful and down to earth gentleman in Paris, Christophe can't be beat.

1  Thank TheFeldman
Reviewed April 2, 2013

In March my family of 4 took a tour of Normandy with Christophe. It was wonderful! He is an excellent guide and his English is superb. He was accommodating to our needs and most helpful. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank 190JaneS
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were going on a transatlantic cruise leaving from Southampton, UK and doing a one-day stop in Le Havre. My husband, sister and myself were traveling together on the cruise and the three of us wanted to visit Paris while the ship was docked in Le Havre. Being the trip planner in the group, I decided that I would see if I could find a private tour guide that would meet us at the ship in Le Havre, drive us to Paris, show us the sights, and drive us back to the ship before our evening departure. While I new this would be a challenging endeavor, I was determined to find someone that would accommodate our wishes. Even though the cruise line was offering busses to Paris, it was not sufficient for seeing Paris in the very limited time frame we had. I was also interested in having a private guide with us for the day so we could see everything on our "wish list". I contacted several companies before I contacted Christophe Burtaire of Driver Guide, France Private Tours (http://www.driverguidefrance.com/index.php)

From the first email I exchanged w/ Chris, I knew that I had found the person I was looking for to show us Paris. He was prompt answering my emails, questions and concerns I had about undertaking this one-day trip. Paris was not around the corner from the port but a 2.5 hr. drive each way. However, Chris assured me that the itinerary was doable, we could see the sights we wanted to, and we would be back at the port in time for our evening sail away. I was elated to think that we were now going to Paris! I found 5 other cruise mates that were looking for a private tour guide so we now had a party of 8.

When we disembarked from our ship at 7:30 am, Chris was waiting for us in his van. Introductions were made and off we went to Paris. All of us were so excited to be going to Paris, as none of us had been there before. It was foggy and cloudy on the way to Paris but Chris assured us that the fog would lift and the sun would come out when we reached Paris.
We made one stop along the way to stretch our legs, grab some coffee or visit the rest rooms.
Before we knew it, we were arriving in Paris. The fog was gone and the sun made its appearance so we knew we would have a fantastic day. Our first stop was at the Eiffel Tower and Chris parked his van so we could get out to take pictures. What an amazing moment that was to see the Eiffel Tower in front of us. We walked closer so we could get some nice photos. Five of our group were going to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and I had pre-ordered our tickets online before we left home. The other 3 were unable to get tickets so they walked around and did some sightseeing while waiting for us. Chris parked his van on a side street near the Eiffel Tower and walked us to where we had to wait til our assigned 1 pm tour. He said that he would be waiting in his van at the same spot he dropped us off so we could find him easily. The ascent to the top of the tower was simply amazing and the views were spectacular. We walked around the top and took pictures and then made the descent back to the bottom. Chris was waiting for us and off we went to see more sights.

As we toured the city, he gave us the history of the particular areas we were seeing, drove by the Moulin Rouge, Sacre Coeur and Montmartre, Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées, River Seine, Louvre, etc. We wanted to see the interior of Notre Dame Cathedral so Chris stopped there so we could go inside. The line was not long so we were able to move along pretty quickly. Inside was amazing to see, the statuary and stained glass were breathtaking.

Chris even took us up some side streets where busses could not go and we got out and did some window browsing while Chris waited in the van for us. It was now time for us to bid adieu to Paris and head back to Le Havre. Our day in Paris was wonderful, we saw everything on our wish list and then some. We did not think that we would be able to see as much as we did in the time we had.

We arrived back at the port around 7 pm with plenty of time before our sail away. Our day with Chris was wonderful, he is very caring, he planned our day well, is an excellent driver, and took great delight in showing us "Paree", the City of Lights. The day could not have gone more perfectly. We loved our day spent with Chris, gained a new appreciation of the beauty and sights of Paris, and all of us hoped we could go back some day and spend more time there. It was certainly one of our favorite days on the cruise! Merci beaucoup, Chris!

87  Thank May_Zee_2004
Driver-Guide-France, Directeur général at Driver-Guide-France, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much Mary for your great rewiew ,I do hope to see you again in France /Paris during your next stopover at Le Havre !

See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2012

After reading the outstanding reviews of Driver Guide and Christophe, I cancelled the driver my husband and I hired with AMX Platinum Travel. We made the right decision!
Christophe was so professional-he called to confirm and then left a message at the hotel when we arrived to confirm the date and time he would pick us up.
He picked us up right at 7:00, as we agreed, in an immaculate and brand new van with a huge, clear sunroof so you can see everything. The van was comfortable, air-conditioned with plenty of space. From the moment we began our departure from Paris, Christophe began giving us the history of the significance of the Normandy region-and even had books for us to read as we travelled.
My husband is disabled and walks with a cane. Christophe helped him in and out of the car and assisted him when there was difficult terrain--without even being asked. He just jumped right in there and offered to help him.
On our second day at Versailles, Christophe had called ahead and arranged a wheelchair for my husband. That was a lifesend! We were able to get through Versailles much more easily.
My husband became so attached to Christophe that he asked him to take us to the train station from Paris to London. Christophe had told my husband that he does tours and doesn't take people to the train station, but would make an exception for us, as he knew that my husband could really need the help. When I asked him what his fee would be, he said, "oh no, you hired me for three days, I would be happy to do this for you free of charge." I was floored! What a fine man.
Sure enough, just as before, he picked us up at the hotel, took us to the train station, ensured that my husband had his ticket and his luggage were handled. I watched out of the corner of my eye and noted that he waited to see that my husband was safe in the hands of Security personnel (for disabled persons) before he left his sight.
I cried with joy and gratitude that this thughtful, professional, highly intelligent,sensitive, and knowledgeable man came into our lives as a Professional Guide.
He made our trip to Europe an unforgettable one.
I would recommend Christophe to ANYONE travelling.

9  Thank Elaine197
Driver-Guide-France, Propriétaire at Driver-Guide-France, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Waouah so sweet music to my ears :)
I'd say I've just done my duty ( and it was not too difficult to me to take care of your husband since I'm a former ambulance driver :)
again thank you very much ( specially the wonderful lunch we've had at Port en Bessin ! It was just too bad it wasn't the "scallops'season " :) and of course for your very nice comments ,
take care and I do hope I'll see you again in Paris