Hotel La Perle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$370
$195
$173
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$174
$564
$508
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsst sulpicerue des canettesgreat locationleft bankluxembourg gardensoverlooking the courtyardthe hotel staffside streetbars and restaurantsnotre dameexecutive roomlatin quarterwithin walking distancehotel is locatedyogurtspent nightswater pressure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you're looking for a nice Parisien hotel in a perfect location, then La Perle is it. The staff are super friendly & helpful. They give spot on restaurant recommendations. They really make you feel like royalty. Anya & Teddy are the 2 staffers I had most of my experiences with & I can't say enough good things. Brought my 72 yr old mom on her 1st trip to Paris & they made sure all our needs were met. What struck me is that they continued to ask "how is she" "is she enjoying her time" "what can we help you with to make the trip memorable". Oh & did I mention they upgraded our room w/o a fuss! I will return, this will be my hotel of choice. Plus it's walking distance from several major sites.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jax225
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We loved Hotel La Perle and the rue des Canettes area. Two of the three front desk staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful with bistro and shopping suggestions. Our room was small but nicely decorated, cozy and charming ~ exactly what we had hoped for in a small Paris hotel. The bathroom, in particular, was gorgeous and our bed was very comfy. We did feel that thirteen euros each seemed a tad high for their breakfast which consisted of pastries, yogurt, cold meat and cheese and cold cereal. Bottom line though ~ we'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking a small courtyard and it was very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheJets0ns
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The location of the hotel is just perfect ! So many shops and restaurants ...
Thanks to Lidia and Teddy, I went to che Fernand and ate a boeuf bourguignon. I loved it !
Our executive room was quite big and the decoration is very french.
I hope to come back again very soon

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marc c
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful, and all requests were dealt with efficiently and with a smile.
That included phoning a restaurant for me to confirm reservations that I had made through a website.

The location of the hotel was ideal for us. In the beautiful neighbourhood of St Germain des Pres on the left bank. The Hotel is located on Rue des Cannettes, one of the three streets that make up the "triangle of thirst". A name they received because of the lively bars and quality bistrots on the streets. These streets have a lively and yet safe buzz about them at night.

Within five minutes walk you have the Cafes and nightlife of Boulevard Saint Germain, Rue de Buci and Rue de Seine. Within ten minutes walk there is the lively nightlife of the Latin quarter. Loads of eating and drinking options to choose from.

Many of the sights are within easy walking distance.. Saint Sulpice 2mins, Luxembourg Gardens 5mins, Notre Dame and the Ile de la Cite, The Louvre and Musee D'Orsay 15mins walk.
The location is also well served by the Metro stations of Saint Germain Des Pres and Mabillion only 3 minute walk away.

The room was a superior double which was clean, well presented and comfortable. We had room 22 facing the courtyard which was quiet and removed from the lively street to the front of the hotel. The rooms are smaller than what we would be used to, but I believe that is typical of Paris. The Bathroom was clean, and well equipped with a bath and a shower.

There is free Wi-Fi through out the hotel which was good.

I would have given the hotel 5 out of 5, but they lose a point because of 2 things:
I think that a coffee and a croissant in the morning should be included in the price. (367 Euro for 2 nights) and not cost an extra 13 euro each.

Secondly there was no iron in the room. The do offer a laundry service but it cost 10 euro to have a shirt pressed. (that's not dry cleaned, that's just pressed)

But all things considered, I was very happy with my choice, and would have no problem in recommending Hotel La Perle.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank niallgilmartin
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights here. It was perfect for our needs. Close to the metro stations, a very safe area with lots of nice restaurants, cafés and bars, not to mention some wonderful if expensive little boutiques!! The room was small ( not uncommon in Paris) but beautifully decorated with a comfy bed and nice bathroom. We faced onto the street and yes there was a little noise from the bar opposite but not excessive and the double glazing was effective. The receptionist spoke excellent English and was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was continental with fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cheese etc and plenty of fresh bread and tea and coffee. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard would be quieter but the noise level from the street we did not find excessive.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family