“Best Hotel!”
Review of Hotel La Perle

Hotel La Perle
Ranked #236 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic trip to Paris with my mother and 4 month old daughter and La Perle was the key to my great weekend! I've been to Paris three times- each time trying a different area and hotel and I finally got it right! Hotel La Perle is just a few blocks from Sainte Germaine which is the best part of Paris but, on a more intimate side street chock-full of amazing eats and boutiques. I was apprehensive about taking my little girl but it turned out wonderfully. We received a room on the 4th floor and they had a very nice crib ready to go. The beds and sheets are fantastic- best I've experienced in Europe. My room was quiet and the air-conditioning top notch. The staff was kind and had great suggestions for food and drink. Because we had a stroller and the metro is not the greatest when you have a stroller, we walked everywhere from the hotel which was very easy. The Orsay and Louvre are only about a 15 min stroll through great neighborhoods. Also, it was lovely to eat or have a drink at fabulous places just around the corner then pop back into the hotel when my girl was tired or cranky without having to worry about being too far away. I will be returning!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Amall

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Hotel La Perle for two nights in late June and had a great stay.

We were on the second floor in a room that was tastefully decorated and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very clean and new and we appreciated the free wifi. What really stands out, though, is the service we received from the front desk (dinner reservations, recommendations, etc.) and the great location. The rate was very reasonable for the location.

Only con is that the walls our walls were a tad thin -- on our second night, we were kept awake for a while by loud neighbors. That being said, we would return, for sure.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week while visiting Paris. We stayed in one of the Superior rooms that faced the street. Like previous posters mentioned, there was a lot of street noise - but only when the windows were open (when they were closed, we didn't hear a thing!). The room was well decorated, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled, and was impecable. The AC works very well (which is important if closed windows keeps the noise out!). We found the room and bathroom to be spacious (one of the largest rooms we stayed in during our entire trip to France!). We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on the quality, but we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Fantastic location - we walked almost everywhere. One of our favorite things to do at night was to pick up a crepe to-go at the awesome creperie located right next to the hotel. I've already recommended this place to my parents, and would definitely recommend this hotel to other family and friends.

Room Tip: We found that the Superior room was spacious (for Paris) - I didn't see a smaller room, but I wo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lk8709
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent three nights at the La Perle in early June. Staff were friendly, room overlooked courtyard so it was quite. Bed was comfortable. Aircon worked. Bathroom was clean and good size. Breakfast variety fine. Lots of restaurants in the adjacent blocks for dinner.

We walked to all the major sites from the hotel.

It is what it is, a solid 3 star hotel in a good location.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at La Perle during the freezing cold windy period in May, and even the bad weather could not detract from the pleasure of our stay at this boutique Hotel. Situated in such a central location, so close to many cafes, restaurants, and fashionable shops, it is also within easy walking distance of many of the various attractions, such as the Luxembourg Gardens, the Louvre, Notre Dame de Paris, Museums, Churches, and the Seine. The room was very neat, and compact, of average dimensions overlooking the quiet courtyard, with a well appointed modern ensuite. The very comfortable bed had great soft pillows, giving a very relaxed sleep. Breakfast was of a very high standard, bein served in a very atmospheric area adjacent to the courtyard, with fresh fruit, and fresh squeezed juice, highlighting the quality on offer. The staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing being too much trouble to assist the traveller. A most pleasant interlude, and one that we will repeat next time in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked 3 nights in a superior room (overlooking the quiet courtyard) for mid June based on the TripAdvisor reviews. On our arrival we were taken into a standard room overlooking the street. When I queried this with the receptionist she was very rude, insisting we were in a superior room,that the room was bigger than a superior room anyway, etc She finally agreed to show me a superior room overlooking the courtyard that was available, which we took and enjoyed. It's a shame that her behaviour (which didn't improve!) left a bad impression because the other staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is very nice and in a great location with lots of restaurants, bars and shops. We thought the rooms were small for the price compared to a couple of other hotels we checked in the area, but they were nicely decorated and the bathroom quite luxurious. And the courtyard rooms really are quiet!

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room if you want a decent nights sleep. The many bars in the street kick on noisily...
2  Thank KayG_020454
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights while visiting Paris. The rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, and a nice size for Paris. However a few minor issues keep me from rating it excellent or really saying that I would return....

The area is a mixed bag - good for restaurants (try Chez Bartolo across the street, great food, the BEST Tiramisu ever!) bars, and nice shops. But, the bars attract a young crowd that is noisy on the streets, on Sunday until 6 AM! We had requested a courtyard room many months before our arrival, but were on the street and the noise was not appreciated.

The staff was either extremely helpful (merci beaucoup Kenny!) or cold and unfriendly, especially the to over night desk persons, one was actually a bit rude. Our first experience was on our late night arrival, the desk was unfriendly, unwelcoming and made us worry about where we had booked and the other was when we left early the last morning and another over night desk man was unfriendly, actually rude and unprofessional!

Breakfast was served in a charming room with excellent service, but 7:30 was a bit late for us on several mornings and we had to eat elsewhere.

I much more prefer the Hotel Relais Bosquet and will stay there next time.

I hope that the staff issues can be corrected and make everyone's stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: ask for a courtyard room, the street side is loud!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family