“Disappointed. . .”

Ranked #1,121 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Charlotte, NC
“Disappointed. . .”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. However, the last time was more than 10 yrs ago and the difference is striking. I know this hotel is only one star. However, I don't think you should excuse cleanliness for cost. Therefore, I decided to write a negative review which I would not normally do. My rooms (I had two different ones) were similar, so the review goes for both.
The showers were moldy, carpets dirty, gaping holes in bathroom tiles, shower hoses hanging on by wires. Very noisy. Breakfast not worth the price (coffee, croissant = 7€). This was my goto cheap Paris hotel. It won't be anymore. If you can tolerate the negatives I listed above then it's great for location and cheap relative to Paris.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank trbelch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a lot of mixed feelings when I saw the room, I mean, I had to step out of it just to take the pictures, yes is that small... however, giving it a little more thought the place is very good.
Yes its very small but then again you are in Paris, it's expected, but there is enough room to place a queen size bed and walk around it without any problem, the bathroom was actually big (again, for Paris standards) and the location... the location is just perfect!

You are basically in the middle of everything, the metro entrance is right across the street, and you just have to walk a couple of blocks to find the Louvre, Notre Dame, le Marais, l'Hotel de ville etc. As for the price, I got this hotel for $99 Euros per night (mind you my stay in Paris was merely stop over).

If you just want a place to crash, that is clan, safe and in the middle of everything at an affordable price this might just do it for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NessyBear
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel with my family and I was very pleased, both by the location and the reception staff courtesy. The rooms have a warm atmosphere and they were cleaned every day. It is a good idea to choose this hotel if you want to visit the main turistic objectives of Paris, beeing located at few steps from the entrance of Chatelet Metro/RER station. The overall impression is a very good one and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pricopi D
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you're looking for a place that is in the heart of neighborhood 1 (between the Lourve and Cite' center) stay at the Hotel Flor Rivoli. It is advertised as a 2 star hotel - and it is. Our room rate was 105 Euros / night (very reasonable for that part of town). The hotel is on a street parallel to Rue Rivoli by about 30 meters. Since it is close to the corner and all of the rooms face the street, we recommend that you keep the window closed at night. The hotel has no air conditioning - just heat for the colder months. The hotel is close to the high end shops on Rivoli and surrounding restaurants. There is a grocery store just around the corner from the hotel if you want to get bottled drinks, fruit, and snacks. The bath is small as is the closet. The proprietors were very accommodating and the room was cleaned daily. The metro station, Chatelet, is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. If we go to Paris again, based on location, it may be a candidate hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travelled with my son. The hotel is very central located, close to Notre dam, The Louvre, Saint Garmain, Les Hales, Pompidou centre and lot more.
The Metro i next to the hotel and there are a lot of resturants around. There is also a supermarket on the ground floor.
The room is small, but we travelled outside most of the day and came only to sleep. Shower is good and staff were friendly.
I forgot my cellolar moddem at the hotel and flighed back to Israel. I wrote the hotel about the moddem and they found it and sent it to me by mail.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a first timer in Paris, we didn't have any trouble finding the place. Thanks to the detailed directions by Herve through email, we got in To the hotel in Paris from CDG airport hassle free. We took the RER B, and got off at Chatelet - Les Halles, took the exit for Rue de Rivoli and about 1 block, there's the hotel. We also got an early check in since the room was ready at around 11:30AM which is a plus since we didn't have to wait. The hotel is very near Louvre, about 3 blocks, 1 metro stop from Notre Dame and shopping malls, restos surrounds the restaurant. The guy at the receptionist was very prompt answering the questions. As for the price, nothing beats this hotel sround the area. We only paid EUR190 for 2 double rooms with free extra matress! such a good find the heart of Paris!The only downfall to the hotel was that at night during summer we have to open the window since its very hot so we can pretty much hear the noise from the road. Well, we were too tired that night so it was okay for us. Just bring ear plugs if you're sensitive to noises. Overall, thumbs up for this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank chocoisce
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is located just a few steps from the metro station wich is perfect, the louvre is 5 min walking and there is a supermarket besides the hotel. The room was clean, the bathroom aswell. If you go in the summer it gets too warm and is dificult to sleep, there is no fan in the rooms. A little bit noisy, there are people on the streets chating all the time.
The guy from the reception was making a big show, just because i told him i was going to pay in chash and after he printed the chek out, i discovered i didnt have enough money,so i changed the payment method to debit. As soon as i told him this, the guy started to say french words in a rude manner, probably insulting me,as if this was the end of the world. I ended in a atm getting the cash to solve this problem.

• Stayed July 2013