“One night”
Review of Hotel Flor Rivoli

Hotel Flor Rivoli
Ranked #1,156 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is the perfect place for one night and low budget.

The room was basic but very clean, the whole place needs refurbished we had problem with the bathroom and the shower at midnight----

Overall nice little place but very average.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Flor Rivoli

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for one night, so were more fussed about the location, which can't be faulted. It's just set back from the main road so a little quieter, and very near the main underground station Chatelet les Halles, which makes it easy to get anywhere from there. Only a few minutes walk to the river too.

The hotel itself, definitely budget standard, but we paid a cheap price so I wasn't expecting anything fancy. The stairs are very narrow and the lift is tiny. I wouldn't recccomended it if you don't like cramps lifts or narrow stairs! The breakfast room was tiny, you could only fit 6 people in at a push, luckily it was quiet when we ate. Breakfast very basic - a roll, fruit juice and coffee is your lot. The room itself, again quite basic and not the most comfortable bed. However, having said all that, if you're only there for a night or two, this is a hotel in a great location for a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just returned from my trip to Paris August 28/12. We picked this hotel due to location and proximity to the metro (literally across the street). We had previously stayed off of Rivoli in an apartment on a previous trip and knew the area so we felt safe.

This hotel was a not at all what we expected. It was very noisy as it was in an alley off of Rivoli and everynight groups of people were partying, drinking and playing very loud music. A good sleep was impossible. It was also a regular spot for the men to come and pee ... everynight without fail. The hotel was very run down although the bathroom was clean.

The worst part was the bedbugs. I suspected there was a problem (bites and blood spot on sheets) and on the 5th night of our stay caught one and presented it to the fellow at the desk. He gave us another room.

I would have changed hotels at first suspicion however, when you have limited time and cannot speak the language you are at a disadvantage. Honestly the damage had already been done. We were very very unhapply about the situation but we did not let it ruin the trip. Next time I will have a back up plan ie another name and address of a hotel to switch to if need be.

My advice is to avoid this hotel ... I now have to de-bug all the clothes and items that were in the room. Terrible... Inexpensive but not a good value at all!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank anmarie_12
florivoli, Gérant at Hotel Flor Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

We are very attentive about this complaint and we have taken the precaution and made a treatment in the room. Our staff has been formed to detect bed bugs.
After USA and Canada, it seems that Europe has now a problem with bed bugs.
It's new for us but we take the mesure to avoid a new problem like that.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Flor Rivoli April 2010 for 4 nights and had no regreats. The elevator is really small and for us was really fun, we are from Texas, USA where everything is big and be in a small elevator with my husband was an adventure, I'm 5' and my husband 5'8 and slim/medium built and we were squeeze, so what I'm saying that we enjoyed it, it was fun. A person from work went to Paris and also stayed at this place and could not believe the price for the location. The hotel is clean and has a private bathroom with hair dryer. Mo the person in charge made reservations for Latin show and taxi for the airport, he was really helpful, he would direct us. Thank you Mo for everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I decided upon Flor Rivoli because of its location. Just two minutes from Pont Neuf, Il de Cite, The Louvre, it is a great base for exploring the core of Paris. It's not The Ritz; it's very basic but I found it ideal and very affordable. It was clean and the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Just off Rue de Rivoli, a main shopping area, close to Metro stations and primary attractions. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 1941TomD
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel, and for the price it is good. Clean rooms, free wifi, right next to Hotel de Ville, right across from Châtelet metro stop, and cheap. The room was tiny and not luxurious, but I didn't expect that for the price either :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank beaufour
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in June 2012 and had a very good experience.

We did a lot of research in trying to find a hotel at a good price that was near the things we wanted to see. We chose the Hotel Flor Rivoli because it was just minutes to the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Metro.

The elevator was small, but at least it had an elevator. I've lugged my fair share of suitcases up and down small staircases and was just happy to have an elevator for a break. So in my mind, this is still a plus.

We never ran low on hot water, always plenty on hand. The front desk attendants were always nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple