Grand Hotel des Balcons
Fred Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$88
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$236
Travelocity
$205
  • Room Service
All reviewsodeon metroluxembourg gardensquiet streetgreat locationrooms are smallsingle roomnotre damecroissantsstreet sidebuffet breakfastwithin walking distancefavorite hoteltwo blockssmall elevatorlovely hotelspeak frenchheart of paris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel des Balcons with my husband and two children. We had a quad room and we thought it was quite large for a European hotel room. We had 4 twin beds (two of them were pushed together to make a king), a large writing desk, and lots of floor space. After travelling in Europe for 3 weeks, I announced that this hotel had the best pillows! Truly, each bed had two pillows and they were fabulous. The bathroom was spacious with a full bath tub and shower. The WC was separate which worked great for a family. We also loved the location. It is close to many bakeries and cafes, but also within walking distance of the major sites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marit L
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've been in GH des Balcons five-six times in the last ten years. And I will choose it the next visit in Paris. Accomodation is OK, Breakfast is super! Location is between the best for Notre Dame, Orsay and Louvre museums and other.
People is kind and nice.
Want you more?
I was there few times with my beloved wife. And now I continue to spend there my short visits in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elio d
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Super hotel,perfect location ,Nice and clean rooms ,pleasant staff, delicious breakfast nothing to complaine about .Super that there is a metro station just a block away and restaurants just around the corner.In addition Jardin Luxembourg only 2 minutes away

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Grande Hotel des Balcons for 5 nights in May. Overall, my stay was excellent. The location is prime and I couldn't beat the price! The hotel is down the block from the Odeon theater and Luxembourg Gardens. The street is right off of blvd St. Germaine so there were plenty of restaurants in the area as well as many options for shopping. As I like to walk, I found that the hotel was in walking distance to most major sites. Norte Dame is a 5 minute walk , the louvre about 10 minutes, the Eiffel Tower was a bit longer of a walk but it was still doable. If walking isn't your thing, the Odeon metro stop is located right down the block from the hotel and the St. Michel RER stop is about 5 minutes away (on foot). I reserved a twin room for my friend and I. The room was extremely spacious. I have stayed in other hotels throughout Europe and I found this one to be larger than most. It was also clean. I read other reviews that mention the lack of shower curtains in the bathroom and that was for sure not true. The room had modern amenities and even included a blow dryer. I opted for the breakfast option. The selection of of food was decent. There were eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausages, croissants, breads, baguettes, meats & cheeses. There was also fruit and a selection of coffees, tea & hot chocolate. The only slightly negative thing that I would like to mention is that after a certain hour in the late night, the hotel locks the front door and the only way in is by ringing the doorbell until you receive an answer. Now- while I understand that this might be beneficial for the safety of all hotel guests, as 2 young women traveling alone, it did not sit well with me that I did not have access to enter my hotel whenever I wanted. I returned to the hotel after a tour at about 130am and had to ring the bell multiple times before being let in. If you don't plan on saying out late, then you shouldn't have any problems ! Again, the hotel was fabulous. I will surely be staying there again !

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank DaniTraveler028
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Grand Hotel des Balcons for four nights. The location is amazing. The rooms are very very small (typical for Paris) but clean. The breakfast was delicious and included eggs, bacon, sausages, croissants, bread, cheeses and several meats. Also juices and coffee. The one negative is that there is no in room safe and you need to leave your key at the front desk. Otherwise a great find at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on the front of the hotel. Great view of the Odeon Theatre.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple