“Perfect for a family”

Ranked #478 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Perfect for a family”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel des Balcons with my husband and two children. We had a quad room and we thought it was quite large for a European hotel room. We had 4 twin beds (two of them were pushed together to make a king), a large writing desk, and lots of floor space. After travelling in Europe for 3 weeks, I announced that this hotel had the best pillows! Truly, each bed had two pillows and they were fabulous. The bathroom was spacious with a full bath tub and shower. The WC was separate which worked great for a family. We also loved the location. It is close to many bakeries and cafes, but also within walking distance of the major sites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marit L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've been in GH des Balcons five-six times in the last ten years. And I will choose it the next visit in Paris. Accomodation is OK, Breakfast is super! Location is between the best for Notre Dame, Orsay and Louvre museums and other.
People is kind and nice.
Want you more?
I was there few times with my beloved wife. And now I continue to spend there my short visits in Paris.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elio d
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Super hotel,perfect location ,Nice and clean rooms ,pleasant staff, delicious breakfast nothing to complaine about .Super that there is a metro station just a block away and restaurants just around the corner.In addition Jardin Luxembourg only 2 minutes away

1 Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Grande Hotel des Balcons for 5 nights in May. Overall, my stay was excellent. The location is prime and I couldn't beat the price! The hotel is down the block from the Odeon theater and Luxembourg Gardens. The street is right off of blvd St. Germaine so there were plenty of restaurants in the area as well as many options for shopping. As I like to walk, I found that the hotel was in walking distance to most major sites. Norte Dame is a 5 minute walk , the louvre about 10 minutes, the Eiffel Tower was a bit longer of a walk but it was still doable. If walking isn't your thing, the Odeon metro stop is located right down the block from the hotel and the St. Michel RER stop is about 5 minutes away (on foot). I reserved a twin room for my friend and I. The room was extremely spacious. I have stayed in other hotels throughout Europe and I found this one to be larger than most. It was also clean. I read other reviews that mention the lack of shower curtains in the bathroom and that was for sure not true. The room had modern amenities and even included a blow dryer. I opted for the breakfast option. The selection of of food was decent. There were eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausages, croissants, breads, baguettes, meats & cheeses. There was also fruit and a selection of coffees, tea & hot chocolate. The only slightly negative thing that I would like to mention is that after a certain hour in the late night, the hotel locks the front door and the only way in is by ringing the doorbell until you receive an answer. Now- while I understand that this might be beneficial for the safety of all hotel guests, as 2 young women traveling alone, it did not sit well with me that I did not have access to enter my hotel whenever I wanted. I returned to the hotel after a tour at about 130am and had to ring the bell multiple times before being let in. If you don't plan on saying out late, then you shouldn't have any problems ! Again, the hotel was fabulous. I will surely be staying there again !

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank DaniTraveler028
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Grand Hotel des Balcons for four nights. The location is amazing. The rooms are very very small (typical for Paris) but clean. The breakfast was delicious and included eggs, bacon, sausages, croissants, bread, cheeses and several meats. Also juices and coffee. The one negative is that there is no in room safe and you need to leave your key at the front desk. Otherwise a great find at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on the front of the hotel. Great view of the Odeon Theatre.
2 Thank LinaMac
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would happily stay here again. Everything positive reported about this hotel is accurate. Don't miss the outstanding breakfast! Also, the staff is helpful...I had a sticky problem in that my wallet was stolen on the bus and I had to replace my passport and arrange for someone else to pay my bill...they were most supportive.
My advice for Paris is to carry only money and cards absolutely essential, immediately after you arrive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inner courtyard, which is especially quiet.
2 Thank idthomas
Sydney
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel provides simple yet clean and comfortable rooms at a great price. I have stayed here a few times on short business trips to Paris. This time on holiday with my wife we had a one night stay and would have happily made it longer if time permitted. We found our room on the third floor was quiet. Steps away from the Luxembourg Gardens and Metro station is a big plus. The historical Polidor restaurant is just around the corner on Racine, for a fun meal. The Balcons staff are generally friendly and helpful.

2 Thank Doodletop