I spent 4 nights in this hostel in September 2013. The location is very good, around 5 min. to Bastille and 2 min. to Ledru Rollin metro station. 2 supermarkets, McDonald's, many shops, a few bakeries around. The staff was English-speaking and very friendly & helpful. Shared toilets and showers were very clean, as was the room. The breakfast is not a lot but coffee/tea/cocoa is free and guests are allowed to eat things bought somewhere else.
- although the booking confirmation says otherwise, we had to pay extra for the towels and bed sheets. Only a few euros, and part of it was deposit, but still, it's not fair.
- the wifi is free but works only from noon to 1AM, only in the common room on the ground floor
- the walls are very thin and people don't care about being silent at night and not using the showers after 11PM so DO bring earplugs with you
- the rule about accepting only people younger than 30 is only on paper - in fact, there were a lot of people in their 50s or 60s; I have nothing against elderly people but hey, it's a YOUTH hostel with bundle beds you have to climb on
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A youth hostel in the center of Paris. During your visit in Paris, you will certainly be looking for a nice and comfortable place to stay. Our hostel represents the best alternative for young travellers, as it combines an excellent location, a good quality lodging (clean, safe and nice) and the most competitive prices in the City of Lights (recommended by Lonely Planet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Auberge Internationale des Jeunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Internationale Des Jeunes Hotel Paris