“Location 134 Rue Saint Charles, Paris- heavenly pastries!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Toronto, Canada
“Location 134 Rue Saint Charles, Paris- heavenly pastries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The best pastries I tried during my trip to Paris were at Le Grenier à Pain - 134, rue Saint Charles! I only found this gem during the last two days in Paris, and ate it three times during that time span! The shop is always busy, and the breads and pastries are always fresh! The croissants are light and not greasy, incredibly tasty and for 0.8 euro cents, are a real bargain! My favourite desert was the tarte au citron with a light crust and a creamy lemon filling for 3.5 euro- it was worth every delicious morsel! Another amazing desert are the pistachio pastries!
I would definitely recommend this bakery to everyone going to Paris- this is, in my opinion, the best bakery you will find in Paris! Will continue eating their delicious deserts when I return to Paris!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tneshia P

• Korean first
Dublin
“Delicious Baked Goods and Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This bakery was right around the corner from our hostel and we went twice. Once for lunch, I had a piece of the pizza (yum!) and my boyfriend had a sandwich. The second time was for dessert, which was fabulous. I had a hard time picking they all looked so good!

• Visited June 2013
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just realised when looking for this place on tripadvisor that this is a chain. Went to the outlet on Rue des Abesses. Was fantastic the first time. Had some really nice treats. The staff was friendly and helpful even though we were struggling to communicate.
The second time we went was not as nice though. This was in the evening and the the shelves were almost empty.
Bottom line, go early in the day and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“best bakery ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I visited Montmartre and went this bakery.
It was one of the best croissant and baguette I have ever eaten..
You can smell the croissant from out side when you are walking the street...you can not resist this..
I would recommend to go visit this place.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank DerekK923
Seattle, Washington
“Best baguette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The way we plan a day is to combine best of haunts with neighborhood walks. We combined a visit to this amazing shop with a walk through Montmartre. The baguette with Brie and roasted tomato was out of this world good. We got it to go then hung out on a nearby bench and nommed our way through the sandwich. The bread was perfect amounts crusty and soft with a wonderful flavor and it was just set off by the Brie and tomato. Unbelievably good. I will try (and fail) to recreate this one back home.

• Visited January 2013