All reviewsmarie helenegreat locationrooms are basicclean bathroomaround the cornerwalking distancewould stay againrestaurants and barsnotre damelovely hotelhotel is locatedcroissantsmaraiscurtainsstreetpompidoumetro
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Look if i was paying 80 Euros for this place ok you get what you pay for but 170 Euros you expect a lot more, ignoring the fact the lobby is a building site, the rooms are not up to scratch very small, bland, depressing no coffee making and not that clean tiny bathroom with a tiny bath , door handle came off in my hand. There is a safe but it is not attached to anything just sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe ??
i stay in some lovely hotels in the area small but between 130 euro and 200 euro these are 10 times better. This hotel is well off the pace,I was only there for one night and that was enough . staff i found helpfull, but i did not complain as i had been working all day and it was late . I would not be staying again !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dazza175
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had been booked in Paris for this hotel. Luckily we were in town 2 weeks before and had a chance to wander by to take a look.

The place is a disaster. The lobby is a construction site. I can't understand why they stay open, especially at the prices ($210 euro/night is what we had booked) that they charge.

But we were able our cancel the reservation, luckily, and avoided the experiences described by other posters below!

This place might have been ok in the past, but right now, I would suggest avoiding it.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Pito S
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel several times before. When we arrived this trip, the entire lobby, stairway and entrance to the elevator was under renovation, which they failed to mention when I made the reservation. There were cement mixers in the lobby, wires falling from the ceiling, jackhammers banging. You couldn't even enter the lobby, but had to go thrrough the side door. The room itself was totally different than when I had stayed there before. It was small and very dated, and given that we paid $235.00 per night, I was upset. We would have left but after checking at many other places, there was absolutely NO availabilty in Paris that week. When I asked for some credit back for the inconvienience, dirt, noise, and downright dangerousness of the lobby, they refused, and further refused with my credit card company. I use to love this place, but NO LONGER.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Femshrink
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We arrived to a building site, the whole entrance and foyer was under construction - a bit off-putting as we had called the day before to confirm and were not told this. Our rooms had started to be prepared by the painters so had holes plastered and filled etc. They were pretty grubby and smelly too. We were ready to go with the flow but the rooms couldnt recieve wi-fi and on request we were told we had to access this in the foyer/building site. We requested a discount and rudely offered 5 euros less. Very disgruntled we said we were leaving (20 minutes after arriving) and promptly told to pay 15 euros as the cleaners would have to make our beds again (our bags had been dumped on them). The one star is for 'fair enough, construction has to happen at some point' but the rudeness of the owner, how dare she expect clients to pay full price for a shambles of a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jones438
Reviewed June 24, 2011

During our stay they were renovating the lobby The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are small as expected. The rooms are renovated and nice. There were a few places that had been spackeled and needed paint but the hotel is very clean. Elevator is available. Wifi only in the lobby. Cost was 180 euro / night for twin beds. Not all rooms have shower curtains (common in Europe). Overall nice budget hotel in a great part of town.

• Stayed: June 2011