“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...”

Ranked #980 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Ontario
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I booked a standard room at Regyn's for 5 nights. I chose Regyn because it was resonably priced and close to the METRO (which is an understatement.. it is steps from the Abesses station. Very Convenient!). On my arrival, I checked into a room on the 3rd floor. The room was very small. As a solo traveller, it was adequate. I could not imagine how 2 people could function though. There is a charming parisian feel to the room. A french style wall paper and a charming window overlooking a courtyard. On a side note, the concrete ledge outside the window is a great place to keep refreshments cold.
The bed is a bit hard but comfortable. The room was very clean and tended to regualarly. My only issue was with the shower. I found the hot water to be inconsistent and I hurried through my showers for fear I would run out of hot water.
The service was adequate. They have an odd policy of having guests leave keys at the desk when leaving the hotel. Its…different.. But I'm not opposed to it as it saves me the trouble of worrying about losing it.

The hotel is situated in a lovely part of Montmarte. Just blocks from the conjested touristy section near Sacre Coeur. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through the streets, checking out the vintage clothing shops and patisseries. BTW, there is a great bakery/breakfast place just steps from the hotel called 'Jolie croquelicot'. I went there nearly every morning for a big cup of coffee with a side of the most delicious brioche and croissants. Just another tip, for those travelling on a budget, there are numerous grocery stores to buy snacks, juice, etc. Its much cheaper to have this in your room than buying it at a restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel for its location and resonable price. For Paris, its pretty cheap.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms offer deluxe views---at a deluxe price....
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RoxyMonoxide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Somerset
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this lovely little hotel, our room was minute so we asked if we could change rooms, they manged to move us on the last night and wow, the view over Paris and of the Eiffel tower were amazing.
This is a great location for lovely restaurants, walking around Monmatre and generally soaking up Paris. The metro is just a few steps from the hotel and there are several lovely cafes nearby for breakfast or an evening glass or two. We will stay here again when we go back to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay in Hotel Reygn's and what a lovely little hotel it is. The check in was quick and we found all staff polite,friendly and spoke good english. Our room was on the 2nd floor with an Abbesses square view which was lovely, you could sit with the window open and listen to the bustle of the street below but once you shut the window you couldn't hear anything! The rooms are a decent size for europe with a good bathroom and plenty of hot water. The rooms are cleaned everyday and towels changed daily, which is rare for a 2 star hotel. One small negative, the walls are quite thin and if you get a noisy neighbour you can hear EVERYTHING! But as long as you arent a light sleeper you'll be fine. We will definatly return to Regen's next time we visit Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcginnmichelle
Singapore
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Do you want a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower? You can virtually admire her whilst you're on your bed! Metro station at your doorstep. You're right in the heart of Monmarte, one of Paris' loveliest district. Start your Amelie tour here. Ask for a Priviledge Room on the 4th or 5th floor. The staff speaks English well. Money well spent.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank The_Walking_Angel
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2012

In 5 weeks in Europe this was our worst night. The name at the front desk was very rude, verging on threatening. Book ahead for a decent room in Paris (for the same price) and have a much better trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Showed up exhausted to have the front desk clerk tell us they were overbooked and we could only stay 1 night, welcome to the streets of Paris. I decided to take a nap but woke to the sound of the door quietly being opened to an uninvited guest, the front desk clerk who quickly shut the door...weird. (see review from april!)
I decided to take a bath, they have bathtubs! I could accept the tub only being 4feet long but the mold around the tub, no.
I could take the yellow bed cover or the red carpet, but the ground in food in the carpet, no!
I truly can not remember ever being treated so rudely as I was here, and I paid for it too, dearly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Don't expect treats like bottled water or tea and coffee in your room. However the rooms are clean and well presented and the complimentary toiletries are a welcome touch. The wardrobe in our room only had four hangers which made unpacking a bit of a challenge.

Most of the staff speak English bit any school French is appreciated.

We booked the continental breakfasts as part of our stay. It didn't prove a good option as we could have enjoyed a better breakfast in one of the excellent local bakeries or cafes for the same or less money and enjoyed the village feel of this neighbourhood. There is no restaurant on site, but plenty of fabulous local bistros to try.

If you are on a budget and want a great location I'd recommend staying here though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family