“The perfect hotel”

Hotel Crayon by Elegancia
Ranked #337 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Crayon was great in every way. Friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms, fun art and decor, and a comfy bed. I certainly appreciated the water and cookies in my room each day after miles of walking and a few drinks. Great location with lots close by. Would recommend to all and would certainly stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jennyleigh22
There are newer reviews for Hotel Crayon by Elegancia

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here two nights in late August 2013. The location is great - very short walk to the Louvre. The staff was so welcoming, friendly and helpful in every way. The hotel itself is colorful, artsy and charming. The bathroom off the lobby is painted with chalkboard paint so you can write a message or leave a sketch. The rooms are very small - we did not plan on spending much time in the room, so it was okay, but I did get a terrible bruise on my leg by bumping into things in the tight space. The staff was wonderful, gave us help with walking directions, taxis, dinner suggestions, anything we asked. Ask for their recommendation for a patisserie close by and take your croissants and beignets and coffee over to a bench by the Louvre one morning -- doing that is one of my favorite memories of our trip!

Room Tip: The elevator is very tiny, and if you are on the top floor, you still have a flight of steps to take...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KnittyJay
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights, and it was really comfortable and really clean. Friendly staff, arrange anything you need. The street is noisy in the early morning midweek, quiet at weekends. The rooms are bright, bathrooms and showers are great - however they are very small. The area with bars and restaurants all around is friendly and safe. Loved it !!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Petrolhead0000
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hotel Crayon - it's a great hotel for certain types of travelers. My wife and I spent 5 days in this hotel. As soon as you enter the lobby you will notice the place is rather quirky. Lots of art work all over the place. The front desk staff were super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is 12 Euros and served in a basement eating area. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. You can easily buy breakfast or any other meal from surrounding shops and restaurants. Besides the lobby, everything in this hotel is super tiny. The elevator can only hold two people maximum and is literally a coffin. PLEASE NOTE: we stayed in room 601 on the top floor. The elevator only goes to the 5th floor, so you have to exit and take the stairs up. The staircase in this place can only be described as TREACHEROUS. Very narrow hallway with a steep incline of stairs. If you have knee problems/back problems - make sure to stay in a room below the 6th floor.
I would stay here again because the staff were friendly, the location was perfect and the price cannot be beat. However, I would only stay here if I had a room on the 5th floor or below. There is no way I would want to deal with that narrow staircase again.

Room Tip: Avoid staying on the top floor (6th). You don't want to haul your luggage up their staircase. It...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I booked Hotel Crayon for a short vacation stay at the end of a business trip based on the reviews on TripAdvisor.
When I arrived the taxi driver commented: "I have never seen such a strange hotel"
And he was right, it is not your typical hotel!
When I got in, the staff was friendly and welcoming and got me setup with my room in no time.
The elevator is small, enough room for me and my bags, but better than the small spiral staircase!
When I got to the fifth floor, i was surprised at the tininess of the hallway. Little more than 6 doors (4 rooms, elevator, stairway) But when I get into my room, I was amazed! It was perfect. I was traveling alone, and this was the best room I could have asked for!
The room is small. Maybe 100 sq ft, but maybe a bit smaller. But it was clean, had everything I needed to unwind from a long trip.
The window looked out onto other buildings and a little alleyway, but even that view was quaint.
The bathroom was clean and had nice water pressure.
The bed was most comfortable and the air conditioning was great when coming back from long walks thru the city.
The decor was what sealed the deal for me. Artsy, odds and ends, older books, etc gave the room a warm, lived in feel.
Melodie was most helpful with eating recommendations and any other questions that I had.
The free wifi was great because it was my link back to the states.
I am already planning another trip to Paris next year and I will be staying at the Hotel Crayon again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This typically European hotel is located on a narrow side street, and is ideally located for a first-time trip to Paris. It is tiny by North American standards: the elevator barely holds one person with suitcases; there are three or so rooms per floor, on a total of five floors; the rooms are tiny, clean and well-appointed (there is free bottled water, and you will find a tiny box of 'sablés' on your pillow); the service staff is always available and friendly. It is stone's throw to Rue du Louvre, and along the latter, about four traffic lights down to Rue de Rivoli and the Seine. Cross Rue du Louvre on Coquillère Street, follow the line of restaurants for 100M or so, and and you will see a staircase-and-escalator entrance to the Forum des Halles (an underground shopping center) that itself leads to the Chatelêt/Les Halles metro station. ( Be warned: this is a *big* metro station.) I was looking for a café after I arrived at the hotel, and the staff recommended 'L'Imprimerie' located just two doors down -- a fantastic place (see my review). I found the place ideally suited, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cjuneau
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for three nights on the beginning of our 2 week trip to Europe and we absolutely loved it here. Everyone that worked there was very nice and helpful. Although breakfast isn't included in the room rate, there is a wonderful café right around the corner to the left that was recommended by the hotel staff. The Louvre metro station was less than a 10 minute walk away and we always felt safe walking back to the hotel late at night. There are also restaurants nearby but we were usually out sightseeing at meal times and only tried out the breakfast café.

The rooms were small but as expected when staying so close to the city center in Paris. We had room for all of our bags (and then some). The beds were really comfortable and our tiny bathroom had what it needed. Everything was clean which was very important to us. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It was very nice to have an elevator to move around floors - not a common luxury in Europe as we found out later - and I can't give the staff a better review. They were down to earth and spoke wonderful English. I can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends