“Romantic Break”
Review of Lenox Montparnasse

Lenox Montparnasse
Ranked #247 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in March 2013, have already recommended the hotel to friends, would definately go back!

Location is great, between two metro stations, allowing access to all the top Paris sites. We even walked back from the Eiffel tower to the hotel one evening, took about 40 mins.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay while seeing the sites.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lenox Montparnasse

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed in a suite with two family members earlier in the month. I really liked this hotel, it was very charming, small but perfectly formed. It is in a great location, 2 mins walk from the metro and 5/10 mins from Montparnasse metro/train station which has many connections. It is just off a main road with a taxi rank conveniently on the corner. There are lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance.
The room itself had everything one would expect, very clean and as we were on the 6th floor quiet. There is just a bar in the way of facilities and we did not drink in it. I also choose not to have breakfast there as continental isn't for me.
The reception and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. I asked for an early check in and got a positive response immediately. I would highly recommend the Lenox and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here in a Junior Suite. Hotel is clean, friendly staff, good free wifi. Location is great, two grocery stores close by, restaurants galore everywhere. Two different metro stations really close by Vavin and Edgar Quinet. Rooms, We had a junior suite that faced the back of the hotel, I specially requested this to not be facing the street for the noise. The only down fall is that the rooms in the back are smaller and the toilets are completely seperate than the actually bathroom. weird. I wish I would have gotten a room in the front to have a bigger room for what i paid for. When I requested to switch they didnt have any available. breakfast was okay. eggs are kind of gross everything else was good. Wish it had a refridgerator and a microwave.

Room Tip: If you plan on being out by the early mornings then request a room towards the street, if you plan o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank renee p
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Yes, I KNOW it is a big city; yes, I KNOW it is Europe; yes, I KNOW it is Paris - but, there's no escaping - the room was Small.
One's assessment of ANY accommodation is a mix of facts and opinions, so I present the following -

The desk personnel were outstanding -- willing to respond to my "tourist French" - and very able to speak English when my French (usually) failed me. THEY made the stay even more pleasant.
We chose the hotel specifically because it was in the Montparnasse section, and based on the many favorable comments. The hotel is very convenient to the Metro (subway, underground) Vavin station (line 4) and within ten-minutes' walking distance to two other stops -
Gaiete (line 13) and Edgar Quinet (line 6).
The taxi (for two, with three bags) was about 60-65 Euro during afternoon rush-hour (much 'stop', less 'go').

When we arrived, we were told that we had been upgraded to a "Club" room.
Frankly, the only obvious upgrade was to a deep but narrow tub (instead of the expected shower), suitable for a narrow person (which I'm not). The bathroom was otherwise fine, with appropriate toiletries.
The room, on the first floor (the floor above street level) was quiet and cozy, with a view of a roof and small wall, which (we were told) overlooked a courtyard. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. There was a small TV and a mini-bar.
In order for two people to navigate to-from the closet and to-from the bathroom required cooperation and some planning; two could not pass side-by-side around the bed.

Were I return to Paris, I would certainly consider the Lenox Montparnasse, but I would carefully look at options.
The memory of the pleasant and very helpful desk persons might tip the balance in favor.

Room Tip: There are two "convenience" stores only a few steps away from the hotel, as well as restau...
1  Thank Valueguy
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were recommended this hotel and were not disappointed. The staff on Reception were all very friendly and helpful. The room was small but perfectly adequate for us, with a lovely comfy bed. The shower was small but again fine for us. The breakfast was excellent. In a quiet(ish) street in a lively neighbourhood - plenty of restaurants in Boulevard Montparnasse really close by. Nice walking route to the main sights through Jardin de Luxembourg. Seemed like a very safe area. Close to Metro stations. Honesty bar in the evenings. We needed extra tea and coffee in our room and the staff were happy to provide it. We will stay here again when we next come to Paris.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We just stayed at the Lenox Montparnasse for 5 nights and it was wonderful. We would stay again and recommend it to all of our friends. The double room is perfect for 2 people's needs; the room comes with a good-sized TV, mini-bar, free coffee/tea, hair dryer, toiletries, and Wi-Fi which worked well. We had a room on the 5th floor facing the back courtyard and it was quiet. Beds were comfortable and housekeeping did a great job everyday of replenishing toiletries and making sure things were clean. Hotel is near 2 Metro stations (Vavin and Edgar Quinet), in a safe area, close to a grocery, cheese shop, bakery, and many restaurants. Staff is friendly, professional, and speaks fluent English. There are umbrellas in the lobby in case it rains. A perfect Paris trip and we would love to stay here again!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at the lenox for 2 night in April 2013. Our deal included breakfast and the price was very reasonable for a stay in Paris. Rooms are a bit small but very comfortable and have a very comfortable bathroom. We asked in advance for a quiet room and they gave us rooms on the fifth floor which are far from the street noise.
The reception people were very nice and helpful and all speaks good English, they arrange for a very good door to door shuttle service to the airport (36 Euro per couple) and were very helpful with instruction to city attractions.
The hotel is in a very good location, lots of coffee shops, restaurants, and even 2 small food markets next door, there are 3 Metro stations near by, and the Montparnasse Train station is a short walk from the hotel.
We had a very good stay at the hotel, and I would recommend it to anybody visiting Paris. I will happily stay there again when in Paris.