“Tripadvisor got it right again”
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #24 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
ireland
“Tripadvisor got it right again”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Following positive Tripadvisor reviews, I booked Keppler for a short family break in Paris. From the moment you arrive you are given personal treatment, the reception is friendly and efficient, the rooms are immaculate and the breakfast is great. The location is superb, only a stones throw from the Champs Eleyse's. I would recommend it for any occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Liege, Belgium
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We spend a family weekend and stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The location was good, reasonably close to the metro George V and with quite some brasseries and shops close by. We stayed in two connected rooms which gave sufficient moving space for the kids. There was a small buffet breakfast with large choice, served - as in many parision hotels - in a room without a view. Speaking off, our view on the Eiffel Tour was limited, essentially you could see the top part from the little balcony...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank swissrena
Milton Keynes
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Everything about this hotel in my view is about quality. Quality service, comforts, breakfast, reception, seating areas, rooms, cleanliness, service, decor, ambience (I could go on and on..)

The location is superb - just 10 mins walk to the Champs Elysee. There are shops close by, the famous Laudree where you can get the wonderful macaroons. The metro stop is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel (George V).

The concierge are incredibly helpful. Not only do they give you information about where you want to go, but they also give you hints and tips about how to avoid crowds, where you can buy tickets to avoid crowds, what days to go, even where to stand on the platform when catching the metro for easiest exit to your destination.

The breakfast is superb. There is not a huge spread, but there is everything you need. Freshly baked bread and pastries, cold meats and cheeses, hot eggs, sausages/bacon, yoghurt, fresh fruit, different types of cereals. The service at breakfast is beyond exceptional - a small but an upmarket spread of wonderful food. I recently stayed at a 5* hotel in Prague and the breakfast area was huge - loads of food but the quality was no way as good as Hotel Keppler. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone because for me, quality over quantity goes a long way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was my first trip to Paris and I was traveling on my own for a week, The hotel was beautiful and in a great location especially if you are traveling alone. The staff were so helpful from the date I booked my hotel until I left. They assisted in booking my tours and giving me great advice on where to eat, subways etc. Staying at Hotel Keppler not only exceeded my expectations but made my trip to Paris one that I will always remember because of my stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MaxPeterborough
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the train station from London and our private transfer was waiting (standard taxi). Check in was smooth and they provided a brief overview of the hotel.

We had booked a superior suite which was nice. The room consisted of a bedroom and separate sitting area, room size was adequate by Paris standards. The bathroom included a separate bathtub and shower. Bathroom was small but likely fairly average for Paris hotels. The room design and detail was fabulous. The highlight of the room was the private balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower. There were three chairs and a small table on the balcony.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was served in the basement breakfast room. Breakfast was decent and had a good selection. Shymen, the bartender, was friendly and efficient. With recommendation from the hotel concierge we went for dinner 3 times. The first restaurant was great, I believe it was called oscars, service and food was great. I cannot recall the name of the 2nd restaurant, the food was great but the atmosphere was bizarre, like a dance club. The 3rd restaurant was an Italian place just around the corner, the food was average but the service was terrible!

There is no restaurant on site but the hotel will order out for you.

Champs élysées is a 5 minute walk as well as the Arc. We walked to most attractions including the Eiffel Tower which was about a 20 minute walk.

Overall we were pleased with our accommodations and would return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank BNWallace
new jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We recently stayed for 5 days. I wanted a boutique environment, not a large hotel because I wanted a more authentic Paris experience. I found that the decor in both the reception and gathering areas was as pretty as depicted on their website; and the hotel was very clean.
We found that the majority of the reception staff was professional and seemed to want to assist the guests. Julien and Phillippe, whom we first met upon check-in, assisted us with slight incident with our driver. I was impressed with their demeanor right away. Julien is efficient, helpful, pleasant and always ready to answer any question. Upon our arrival, our room was not ready and he invited us to have breakfast while the room was prepared. Phillippe, the porter is cheerful -- his English is a bit limited, but he tries to help and does so with a big smile! Simon, the bartender was nice and talkative. Phillippe (#2!), whom we met one evening, was aware of a problem we had encountered with an extremely important wake-up call that we never received earlier in the week. On our last day, besides our automated wake-up call (that did come through!), he followed up with a call to our room to be sure we had sufficient time for departure.
The breakfast room was intimate, decorated in crisp linens and the greenery outside the windows was very pretty. The breakfast buffet was quite good; there was an array of selections. I am not a big fan of traditional breakfast items, but I did see some guests with what looked like personally-ordered items; although we were not informed that this was an option. I looked forward to the freshly cut fruits and the small French baquettes each morning. The bread was a hit with both my husband and me, as were the cheeses. He couldn't wait to have some every day. The bread in a word?----superb! The cafe au lait...fantastic! My husband so enjoyed the strong, freshly-brewed French coffee. We both miss the bread and coffee we had at the hotel. It was truly memorable.
Many reviews state that the rooms are tiny or much smaller than other hotels and, yes---they are small! However, we found we were able to put away our clothing, using some creativity with the available space! Moving about the room was a bit tight, but we managed. We did not use the fitness center, so I cannot comment on it. There is no restaurant on the premises as noted by other reviewers of the hotel and the room service selections are limited. So that along with the size of rooms gives this a rating of 4.5/5,0.
The street is very quiet, not busy with tourists or locals. Not very close to many eateries that are open late and in walking distance. One night after a river cruise and dinner, we found that we were the only ones walking on the surrounding streets when we came from the direction of the Eiffel Tower/Seine River towards Hotel Keppler. All nights, when walking back from the heavily populated Champs-Elysees, we never saw anyone on our street when coming in from a day of sightseeing and/or from dinner.
Finally, Rita, the management representative--- what a beautiful lady! She is kind, concerned and very understanding. We really enjoyed meeting her during our stay and appreciated her attentiveness. I would recommend the hotel and would return to Hotel Keppler when in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple