“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Hotel Keppler

Hotel Keppler
Ranked #45 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was my first trip to Paris and I was traveling on my own for a week, The hotel was beautiful and in a great location especially if you are traveling alone. The staff were so helpful from the date I booked my hotel until I left. They assisted in booking my tours and giving me great advice on where to eat, subways etc. Staying at Hotel Keppler not only exceeded my expectations but made my trip to Paris one that I will always remember because of my stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MaxPeterborough
There are newer reviews for Hotel Keppler

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the train station from London and our private transfer was waiting (standard taxi). Check in was smooth and they provided a brief overview of the hotel.

We had booked a superior suite which was nice. The room consisted of a bedroom and separate sitting area, room size was adequate by Paris standards. The bathroom included a separate bathtub and shower. Bathroom was small but likely fairly average for Paris hotels. The room design and detail was fabulous. The highlight of the room was the private balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower. There were three chairs and a small table on the balcony.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was served in the basement breakfast room. Breakfast was decent and had a good selection. Shymen, the bartender, was friendly and efficient. With recommendation from the hotel concierge we went for dinner 3 times. The first restaurant was great, I believe it was called oscars, service and food was great. I cannot recall the name of the 2nd restaurant, the food was great but the atmosphere was bizarre, like a dance club. The 3rd restaurant was an Italian place just around the corner, the food was average but the service was terrible!

There is no restaurant on site but the hotel will order out for you.

Champs élysées is a 5 minute walk as well as the Arc. We walked to most attractions including the Eiffel Tower which was about a 20 minute walk.

Overall we were pleased with our accommodations and would return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank BNWallace
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We recently stayed for 5 days. I wanted a boutique environment, not a large hotel because I wanted a more authentic Paris experience. I found that the decor in both the reception and gathering areas was as pretty as depicted on their website; and the hotel was very clean.
We found that the majority of the reception staff was professional and seemed to want to assist the guests. Julien and Phillippe, whom we first met upon check-in, assisted us with slight incident with our driver. I was impressed with their demeanor right away. Julien is efficient, helpful, pleasant and always ready to answer any question. Upon our arrival, our room was not ready and he invited us to have breakfast while the room was prepared. Phillippe, the porter is cheerful -- his English is a bit limited, but he tries to help and does so with a big smile! Simon, the bartender was nice and talkative. Phillippe (#2!), whom we met one evening, was aware of a problem we had encountered with an extremely important wake-up call that we never received earlier in the week. On our last day, besides our automated wake-up call (that did come through!), he followed up with a call to our room to be sure we had sufficient time for departure.
The breakfast room was intimate, decorated in crisp linens and the greenery outside the windows was very pretty. The breakfast buffet was quite good; there was an array of selections. I am not a big fan of traditional breakfast items, but I did see some guests with what looked like personally-ordered items; although we were not informed that this was an option. I looked forward to the freshly cut fruits and the small French baquettes each morning. The bread was a hit with both my husband and me, as were the cheeses. He couldn't wait to have some every day. The bread in a word?----superb! The cafe au lait...fantastic! My husband so enjoyed the strong, freshly-brewed French coffee. We both miss the bread and coffee we had at the hotel. It was truly memorable.
Many reviews state that the rooms are tiny or much smaller than other hotels and, yes---they are small! However, we found we were able to put away our clothing, using some creativity with the available space! Moving about the room was a bit tight, but we managed. We did not use the fitness center, so I cannot comment on it. There is no restaurant on the premises as noted by other reviewers of the hotel and the room service selections are limited. So that along with the size of rooms gives this a rating of 4.5/5,0.
The street is very quiet, not busy with tourists or locals. Not very close to many eateries that are open late and in walking distance. One night after a river cruise and dinner, we found that we were the only ones walking on the surrounding streets when we came from the direction of the Eiffel Tower/Seine River towards Hotel Keppler. All nights, when walking back from the heavily populated Champs-Elysees, we never saw anyone on our street when coming in from a day of sightseeing and/or from dinner.
Finally, Rita, the management representative--- what a beautiful lady! She is kind, concerned and very understanding. We really enjoyed meeting her during our stay and appreciated her attentiveness. I would recommend the hotel and would return to Hotel Keppler when in Paris.

2  Thank nothingliketraveling
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First time in Paris and so glad I chose this hotel. Beautiful "boutique" hotel, only 39 rooms. The staff treats you like family. Chic rooms and decor (large marble bathroom), very clean. Loved the lighting, modern switches with dimmers. We had room service (a continental breakfast) every morning and everything was so fresh: fabulous pastries, good coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. They have a small bar in the lobby (which seems more like a living room) where we enjoyed complimentary champagne the first night and bought a bottle of our favorite champagne to enjoy the next two nights (at a fantastic price). Simon graciously served us. A great location, walked to Arc de Triomphe and Eifflel Tower and George V Metro stop less than 5 minutes away. Will definitely stay here again! Top notch!

3  Thank Belmont53
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is our 4th visit to the Hotel Keppler and we have never been disappointed. The Hotel is in a great location, very clean, the rooms are great and the service is unmatched. We won't stay anywhere else. Thanks to the staff for another great stay!!!

1  Thank kns83
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Located on a quiet street, three blocks away from L'arc de Triomphe and Av. Champs Elysée, Keppler is a mini-five stars hotel. Kind and helpfull staff, free wi-fi connection, nice breakfast, very good ( a bit slow ) room service, wonderfull décor. Restaurants, buses and metro stations are not as close as you would find in St Germain des Près ( for example ), but it's a beautiful, peacefull neighborhood. It's a fine hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ABrasil
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Paris for three days to celebrate his 50th birthday. My friend recommended Hotel Keppler, noting its location as it's number one feature. Number one feature? There are about ten number one features of this hotel!!! Of course, it's location is great. Two blocks from the Champs-Elysees and the Arc de Triumphe. We walked everywhere. But how about the staff? Better than excellent. This is the benefit of staying in a boutique hotel (this hotel has less than 50 rooms). The front desk, concierge, bellman, bartender, breakfast server all were extremely kind and helpful. Next, the room. We didn't expect much in terms of size because we knew Paris hotels were small. We were extremely satisfied with the room size. My husband's a big guy, 6'5" and he never felt cramped. The fixtures were all Kohler and lovely, the shower was large, and the bed was comfy. The hotel provided free wi-fi which was great for keeping in touch with loved ones at home. We also loved the lobby bar. On our first night, the bartender suggested we just buy the whole bottle of wine and he would keep it for us for the following nights. How many hotels offer this? They'd rather you buy more expensive individual glasses each night. And finally the price. Extremely reasonable given the aforementioned qualities. On our last night, we stopped by the Four Seasons for a drink and dessert. Wow, were they rude and snobby. I'd stay at the Hotel Keppler even if the Four Seasons were free!

10  Thank Patty Sue K