“Big Start, Big Finish”
Review of Une Poule Sur Un Mur - CLOSED

Une Poule Sur Un Mur
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Maryland
“Big Start, Big Finish”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We started with an absolutely splendid gazpacho, had very good bar (bass) and veal main dishes, and finished with a (and we’re trying to be restrained here) superb tarte au citron which had a near perfect crust and which easily ranks with the best we have ever tasted. The carafe wine of the month was surprisingly good, we thought, and rather modestly priced. Une Poule sur un Mur is a charming place with friendly, attentive service, but small and thus fills quickly, so either reserve or go early in the hope it is not fully booked.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Not_The_Donald

Kosice, Slovakia
“Easy-going restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had fantastic ravioli like starter, also other food was really nice. Servis was working as watches :) We took 3 course dinner in one our in full restaurant with typical bistro atmosphere. Very good value!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CukyCuky
Singapore, Singapore
“Lucky to get a seat.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife visited a few years ago and wanted to take me there. We went for lunch and dragged our four year old along. They have a 2 and 3 course fixed price lunch which we took advantage of. Our four year old loved the duck confit! Great wine list, friendly service. Nice coffee! Suggest you book as it only seats 30. Try to get a table against the wall.

Nice art as well.

Dallas, Texas
“Oops, I wasn't supposed to ask for butter.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were wandering the streets of Paris, looking for the #1 bakery in the city, when it started to rain. We thought, "Are we in a romantic film?" We were getting wet and were already extremely peckish. It was then that we stumbled upon Une Poule Sur Un Mur. I had read about little gems in Paris and I think this is one of them!

I ordered the duck. It was my first time to eat duck, but I always say if I'm going to be adventurous, Paris is the perfect place to do it! It was DELICIOUS. Tender. Juicy. Yummy. I made this total obvious tourist mistake to ask for butter. The waitress, so sweet, just giggled and said it was un-French to eat butter with bread. Kindly, she brought the butter anyway. It didn't bother me, I just thought it was amusing.

If we are ever in Paris again, I'm definitely returning. The ambience was so peaceful, romantic, & the food, delicious. The perfect escape from that Parisian rain. :)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JoLovKa
windsor
“World class cuisine in the back streets of Paris-and how to find it!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Une Poule Sur un Mur desrves its many 5 star reviews. If you are only in Paris for a few days don't miss the chance to experience the world class cuisine and impeccable service offered here. The restaurant is small but the ambience is elegant,contemporary and unpretentious. Our waitress was charming, spoke good English and was able to explain the menu very well as I was struggling with my French translation.Such is my faith in the exceptional talent of the chef, if I was staying in Paris longer I would have returned and worked my way through the entire menu. Every dish we tried from starters through to main course and dessert was fantastic and its been a long time since I've experienced this kind of excellence in all areas. Even the complimentary taster shot of vegetable soup with basil oil was sublime. I would recommend booking ahead as we did as it was very busy on a weekday evening and will get even busier if it maintains its ambience and the outstanding quality of its food. We can't wait to return!
READ ON FOR DIRECTIONS
Take metro to Etiene Marcel (route 4)
Come out of metro turn left onto Rue Etiene Marcel , after approx 20 metres look cross the road and turn right into Rue Francaise then right again onto Rue Tiquetonne then sharp left and then left again into Rue Marie Stuart. It wasn't on our map but Rue Marie Stuart runs parallel between Rue Tiquetonne and Rue Greneta. As you turn left into Rue Marie Stuart you will see a nice contemporary wine bar on the right side of the street . Une Poule sur un mur is further down on the left side if the street. The sign was not easy to see in December as the sign writing is small and it had scaffolding over it. This may not be the case in January
COST