“Great moroccan food”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great moroccan food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Small market, but great little moroccan food stall. Excellent chicken tagine - we had the couscous and pastilles as well, but the tagine was the highlight. Good food at great value - perfect meal for a cold winters day.

1 Thank Holly W

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

If you didn't enter in a market in your entire life maybe you can believe it s a "marche". No, it s not. 60% of the surface there are Italians, people from Maroc and Libyans cooking with an extreme smell of curry ( which is ok but not in a market :) ) , a nice fish seller and several people selling fruits and vegetables which can be find in any supermarket. No cheese, no different kinds of charcuterie , no nothing .... I really don t recommend. It s funny, cause outside in the street , Rue Bretagne, there are better offers :)

Visited December 2013
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not just for lunch”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

They have some excellent produce stands, including one that is all organic. Since I am not always confident that "Bio" Is organic, I appreciate having a produce stand that meets all my cooking needs.

Visited November 2013
Alcala De Henares, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The secret market”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had been in Paris many times, but I hadn't visit it as a "tourist" for ages. This time I came with some friends who were visiting Paris for first time, so I showed them the city, walking through all the typical touristic areas. However, I also felt the need to discover some new places and taste some new flavours I still didn't know. Paris always have new things to offer.

So we were walking around Le Marais, trying to find a good moroccan restaurant I had heard talking about. We took some time to find it, just to find out that it was closed that day. So we kept on walking, hungry, finding another place to eat. Then I saw a grey, small passage where some french people were coming from. Nothing attiring from the outside, but I felt terribly curious to know where it took.

Finding that hidden, popular market there, was so unexpected we felt we had just discover a hidden treasure. Realizing that it didn't appear at the travel guide we had was a plus for me. We enjoyed staring at all those food shops and their delicious specialities, walking between the local people who were buying their food for the week. We didn't feel a tourist for a while.

Finally we did eat moroccan food at a Morocan Traiteur in the market. The line of people waiting to make their order couldn't lie, it was really really good. Couscous kefta was simply terrific, maybe a little expensive for the quantity. I regret I couldn't taste the rest of their dishes, which were a lot.

I left satisfied and psychological ready to keep on the masive touristic route...

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Turitapc
Cambridge, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Only visit for lunch”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I would only recommend a visit here for lunch. The market itself is small and has nothing to offer other than a superb lunch.

The lunch service is a little confusing. First choose the place you would like to eat (there are a few stands from Japanese to Moroccan to French) and join the queue (often very long, but worth the wait). Once served you can take a seat (do not take a seat while someone queues, no food = no seat), there should be a member of staff to help you find a seat once you have your food.

Visited September 2013