“A gem!”
Review of Hotel du 7e Art

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du 7e Art
Ranked #1,328 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“A gem!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I will always come back!! The location is fantastic, a 2 minute walk from St. Paul metro stop and conveniently close to the Marais district and seine. So central.

As for the hotel itself, it is small but enough. And what place in Paris isn't small? It is charming, with old school american movie posters as its theme in the lobby and in the bedrooms. and the front desk staff always go out of their way to assist me with anything I need.

If there was perhaps one minor flaw is that the windows are not soundproofed and it can be quite noisy. Although we were on level 1 and in room 16 so I can't speak for other rooms. And by the second night we got used to it.

For the price, you can't go past this place!!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Laines88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We traveled with family and stayed in the quadruple and triple rooms on the 4th floor (equivalent to 5th floor in US). There is no elevator because it is a historical building and they are not allowed to install one. This was not an inconvenience since we only returned to the hotel once during the day after sightseeing. Our quadruple room was spacious, with firm and comfortable beds (1 double and 2 singles), slanted ceilings, 2 nice windows, very clean, well maintained, with freshly laundered and clean-smelling linens, and a newly renovated and spotless bathroom. Best thing: A/C and ceiling fan! It was very hot and humid in Paris (we are from Texas and are used to the heat but the weather was stifling hot, buses and restaurants have no A/C so you can really feel the humidity and heat all day long). It was such a relief to come back to a cool room. This charming hotel, with a quirky decor, is in a very quiet street in the centrally-located area of Le Marais with many bus and subway connections nearby, nice restaurants and lively night scene. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. We arrived early before our room was ready and left our luggage to go sightseeing. Upon our return, our luggage had been taken upstairs to our rooms. We would definitely come back and recommend to friends and families!

Room Tip: The quadruple and triple rooms on the 4th floor (5th floor- US) face an inner courtyard and are very...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited this hotel two years ago and just had to come back. Maybe I'm robbing myself of experiencing other hotels in the area, but they are just so amazing there. If you wish to be around the locals in a great Parisian neighborhood and around excellent food and people watching, this is your place. Here, you are close to everything.

I dealt with the same people as last time, and they were super friendly and helpful. Sadly I only know know the name of one gentleman there - Alejandro. He remembered me and was ever so helpful, yet again.

My room overlooked the neighborhood street where all the locals walked by throughout the day and night, a quality I simply love. One cannot ask for a better location as you are less than two blocks away from the Metro one way, and the opposite way, the Seine. Notre Dame is very near.

This time I was solo and took a smaller room. Two years ago my girlfriend accompanied me and our larger room was very sufficient.

After gallivanting all around Europe, I came back for a one night stay before heading back to London to catch a plane.

Of note...you may want to check that your room is not in vicinity of the stairs if you are a light sleeper.

I will certainly return, bring the girlfriend again, and have a ball.

Alejandro, I hope you see this. You and your co-workers are top notch.

Room Tip: Get a room non adjacent to the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank enzeine
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are owners of a travel share and were supposed to have reservations at a 5star luxury hotel. I swear they gave them away, it was fishy. So we arrived in June in Paris my husband, myself & 2 teenagers with no reservations. A quick online check revealed that per night we were looking at 400-900 euro per night per room!! I found this jewel after many many calls. The staff on the phone were completely helpful! We stayed one night in two rooms, one night in one room and they were booked...they called around for us and when it became apparent no room elsewhere were available they let us know about a cancellation at the last minute. Again two rooms:-) they helped us with luggage up the 79 steps:-) thankfully we traveled light. Stored bags on the last day, called a cab for us to the station and couldn't have been more helpful. Over and above service.
Rooms were tiny but big enough. Bathrooms were sweet and little but big enough. Clean as a pin. Quiet. I couldn't have asked for a brighter light in our spot. Thanks guys for saving our trip!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ninelives63
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have just returned from 3 weeks in Paris. I live in Las Vegas.
I visit this great city almost every year. I love the Marais area
and so stay close to it. I stay at this hotel because it is so well
located and perfect for my use. It is a small hotel on St. Paul.
Out the door and to the left and in 2 blocks is the Seine. Out
the door and to the right and in 2 blocks is the Marais area.
Go down to St. Antoine turn right and go down to Place Bastille.

If this is your first visit to Paris, realize that it is a city built many,
many years ago. In the Marais area and St. Paul, all the buildings
were built in the late 1500’s or early 1600’s. In the last few years
this area has become so popular and very crowded. The bottom floor
of these buildings are now stores and shops. Very interesting and exclusive
shops. Wonderful place to go shopping.
I like St. Paul because I don’t have the crowds and noise of the Marais.
In the Marais they are celebrating every weekend.

I talk to some of my fellow Americans who are here for the first time, and
they are so surprised that there hotel room is so small or so “old”. Paris is “old”.
That the beauty of it. You want a new and bright room, go to a Holiday Inn.
I suggest you try for the French experience. There won’t be an elevator
or a concierge like in the expensive hotels. In the Marais and St. Paul
area, the hotels are on very small streets, in very old buildings with small rooms and no elevator but are usually clean and have the important things you will need. A toilet and shower, it will be small but workable, make sure there is heat and air conditioning.
Hotel du 7th Art has all of this and while I was there, they put new mattresses in all the rooms. Nice.
The Owners and the staff here do care and are very helpful. The speak enough
English to help you get to the Metro and find the place you want. Line 1, St Paul is 3 blocks away. Metro stop-Sully Morland is 2 blocks away, down by the Seine.
This hotel has Wi-Fi, throughout the hotel. Very important, now that there is such drastic changes in the weather. Paris weather is now volatile. All of Europe is going through this.
Each morning I have breakfast in the hotel and check the weather on my Tablet.

This hotel has character. The Owners love the cinema and movies and have posters and pictures all over the place. My room had a large poster of Rita Hayworth and a great photo of Frank Sinatra recording at Capitol. Nice !!
The staff are always friendly and helpful. I like that.

I’m 76 years old, so I don’t plan too far ahead but if I return to Paris, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I like a room facing the street so I can get a feel on the weather. Nice to get up in the morning an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WaltersLV
Dublin
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Hotel du 7ieme Art in late June 2013. It was €160 per night for a double room into which they had put a fold-out bed for our eight-year-old daughter. The decor of the hotel is very dated, and the room was not clean. Everything is a different shade of brown - walls, curtains, bed linen. Our room was at the front of the hotel, overlooking the Rue St Paul. There was a bottle collection every morning early, and it seemed several rubbish collections during the night too. The breakfast was...perfunctory. The staff are lovely and very helpful. And the location is great. But someone needs to spent some money on updating the place - and soundproofing it!

Room Tip: Don't pick one at the front, overlooking the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave R

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for location, I can recommend this hotel. But only if you wont stay longer in the room.
My experience there wasn't good.
The heater wasn't working well and I didn't have hot water all the time during my stay in the freezing winter. Another negative point is they dont have a lift. So, if you are carrying big luggages as I had, it can be stressfull. The staff was very kind but I defintely recommend another hotel for the same price.

• Stayed February 2013