“Nice place to stay friendly staff”
Review of Hotel du 7e Art

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du 7e Art
Ranked #1,326 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Got a bit lost trying to find it but it is in a handy location and once you figure out the metro its great. Staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were a little small but considering we didnt come to paris to stay in our hotel not really an issue. Nice breakfast cafe just down the end of the street on the corner. Was great for two twenty five year old Australians in paris for the first time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Babsy004
There are newer reviews for Hotel du 7e Art

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel was in a perfect location close to good food, great shopping and with easy access to the metro. The hotel has no lift but that was only a small challenge when you had to carry bag up and down the stairs. The room was a good size for the price older but kept very clean with a comfortable bed. The staff at this hotel was simply outstanding. They handled everything I asked for ( in English) with no attitude and even marked shopping areas and restaurants on a map for me. I had one concern when reading reviews of this hotel about the size of the bathroom in a single room. I emailed them expressing my concerns and then handled the situation very well offering me a larger single room with a shower and a tub. if you want a true experience of Paris in a local hotel in a great area this is a good choice.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is a simple and cute hotel. The staff are friendly and we had our breakfast and internet included.
The room was very small, but good enough. The only bad thing about this hotel is that there is no elevator!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yrd79
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I like this place just fine - its quaint, they were really nice at the front desk, it's in a great location.

BUT they really need some decor update. The sheets/comforter/curtains were like 1970s style. The towels were paper thin (and the shampoo was like in a pouch, really???) If they updated the rooms, I would have been 100% happy.

The rooms are small (like you would expect in Paris), but it is really close to the train station (St Pauls) and a very short walk to the river.

I'd stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It isn't fancy, but the location is great, the staff is always friendly, and it feels lie home. I've been staying i this hotel, almost annually, since 1998.

When someone else is paying, I sometimes stay in fancier hotels, but this is a terrific venue, and often forgo anything fancier even on someone else's euro.

It is spartan and small, but it is always clean. Its location in the Marais is good for serious sightseeing or casual strolling about. Convenient to metros, free wifi. On a quiet street in a busier neighborhood

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request a low floor if that matters to you
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank santjordi
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have just returned from Paris. 3 weeks in June and now back at home in Las Vegas. I always stay at this hotel. Great location. Out the door to the left and your at the Seine. Out the door to the right and up to the Marais area. A very interesting place. Posters and photos of american movies all over the place. great poster of Fred Astaire and Ginger and so many more. I love the photo on the stairs of Frank Sinatra recording at Capitol. The owners and the staff work hard at being friendly and helpful. Need maps of area or the metro, they have them and will give them to you. The St. Paul metro is close by and from there you can go anywhere. This is a small but affordable hotel. And in Paris that is important. I will stay here again next year if God willing. Oh and this lyear i grought my laptop wtih me. Their WiFi works great in the lobby and in my room.

Room Tip: I like to get a room facing the street and then I can see what is weather is like.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WaltersLV
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The location is perfect as it is just next to the seine. We can walk to the Sainte-Chapelle, Notre Dame in 15 minutes. The metro station is very close also. The room is very much average though the bed is comfortable. We had a very good sleep after full day sightseeing.

Also, there are some good restaurants nearby.

Anyway, we enjoyed staying in this hotel very much.

Room Tip: Better to choose a room on 2nd floor when you book the room because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple