“Excellent location and good hotel”
Review of Hotel du 7e Art

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel du 7e Art
Ranked #1,326 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Be clear on what you are getting: This is not a full-service, business oriented, all-conveniences hotel. If you want to go to Paris to spend your day at a hotel spa, hot-tub or restaurant, if you want to order club-sandwiches and champagne to room-service, if you need to work into the evenings to make a deadline, if you want to relax in the room and read that novel… look elsewhere.

If you are like me and you visit cities to see the sights, breathe in the atmosphere and experience the restaurants then this hotel is definitely worth the money.

The room we had was of adequate size and had all the basics one would expect. We were off-season and the room was cold and had a mildew smell when we entered. Took some time to figure out the heating but once we got that started the smell disappeared and the room was warm and cozy. Very quiet and we got a good night’s sleep the three nights we were there. I had no issues with cleanliness, the bed, bathroom, shower or any aspects regarding the room.
The reception, service, bar etc. was fine. No complaints whatsoever. I enjoyed the movie-theme.

When I visit major cities as a tourist I tend to set off to see the sights rather early in the morning and spend all day sight-seeing. Back at the hotel at six-seven in the evening for a quick shower before going out to dinner. In this context this hotel is ideal.

The hotel is close to major bus stops as well as the Metro (big tip: If you go to Paris use the Metro as much as you can. By far the fastest, cheapest and best way to travel). It’s also close to bakeries and shops as well as cafés and diners. So going out in the morning, grabbing something to eat and getting to the area we wanted to explore that day was easy. Once back at the hotel after a busy day it was only a 10 minute walk to the Bastille where you had your pick of restaurants (or you could take the Metro if your legs are tired. Less walking but takes 10-15 minutes).

If you do stay at this hotel then don’t forget to explore the neighborhood. You can walk to the Place Des Vosges and/or to Notre Dame in less than 20 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Would I recommend it? Definitely. But only after making it clear what you are getting. My wife told me that next time we go to Paris she wants more luxury. However once she sees the price-difference that extra star or two makes then I’m quite certain we will end up here again. That wouldn't bother me at all.

Room Tip: As with all hotels of this grade don't hesitate to ask for another room if you aren't happy...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gestur_Traustason
There are newer reviews for Hotel du 7e Art

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have lived in Le Marais for 8 years and have sent many guests to various hotels in the neighborhood, but Hotel du 7e Art remains one of my favorites. First off, unless you are willing to pay over 300 euros a night, all hotel rooms are small in Paris. Always. That being said, this hotel is very reasonably priced for the location, it is clean, cute and has a great little bar downstairs filled with funky film noir memorabilia. The staff is pleasant and helpful, and the location can't be beat.

If you're looking for luxe, try Le Meurice or the Ritz. If you're looking for a nice, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel, go for the Hotel 7e Art.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank delfuegofrancais
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We had spent hours trawling tripadvisor and other sites for a hotel in Paris within walking distance to the sights, without bad reviews and not costing a fortune, but to no avail.
Then a friend recommended this hotel, and it was perfectl.
I will recommend it to all my friends, it is nothing amazing but who spends any time in their room in Paris!
It is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced in walking distance to all the major sights.
All one needs in Paris!!!!

2  Thank Kamema
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Excellent location in Paris. Rooms were average, but we didn't go to Paris to stay in the room! For the price and location, I would say it was a great pick.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jezebellejade
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking for a clean room in a safe and convenient neighborhood to serve as our basis for a weekend of eating and shopping. This hotel did just the trick! Service was just fine, the rooms were clean enough and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small (and you have to bring your own toiletries), but the whole place is charming and you can't beat the location -- steps from the St Paul metro, and around the corner from fantastic shopping in the Marais. It's on a quiet street with a residential feel, only two blocks from the Seine (just across the way from Ile de St Louis). You won't get luxury, but you will have some extra cash to take shopping!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank karenna
Reviewed October 31, 2011

So one thing for sure is that if you stay here you will definitely start to appreciate a 3+ star hotels. Very average in accomodation. The bathrooms are tiny and for some one who is tall using the wc is a real problem. I had to figure out how to squeeze myself between the door, the sink and the wc. Other than that the room doesn't really seem clean. If you are willing to just sleep on a really hard spring mattress and kinda make due with a bathroom, this place is fine.

At one point in the early morning I found someone off the road, sleeping in the hallway. He had managed to get in and needed a warm place to sleep for the night. Scary!! They do have internet at least which is a big bonus. The location is a great especially since it is right next to "Miss Mannon" boulangarie which is best one I have been to in Paris.

For maybe 20-30 euros more you can stay at a much nicer hotel, but if budget is key, this place will do just fine.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We didn't go to Paris to stay in our room, which I think is true of most visitors. This hotel was just fine. As others have written, it's in an excellent location, it's quirky and kind of fun and it wasn't too expensive (for Paris). It was clean enough and it was quiet. Our room was quite small, but fine for two. Same story for the bathroom--teeny tiny! but it was nice to have a private bath. The hotel in general could use some updating, but it was just fine. We didn't want to stay in a chain hotel and I think this was a fine alternative.

2  Thank eastvillagegal