Hotel Residence Foch
$115
$198
$182
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$165
$421
$375
  • Restaurant
2,366 results
All reviewsporte maillotarc de triompheeiffel towerquiet streetfamily roomminute walkresidential neighborhoodwithin walking distancetwo metro stationslovely hotelthe hotel staffboiled eggslarge bathrooma wonderful stayaround the cornerwould highly recommend this hotelsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in.
Went for 3 nights in January 2014 - extremely warm and comfortable.

Rooms are smaller than other hotels I've been to but it's Paris and this seems the norm. What this hotel did was be very clever with its space - efficient cupboards, wardrobes, bathroom storage. It didn't feel cramped.

Staff were extremely friendly and spoke superb English.

Location - very close to two Metro stations (for line 1 or 2) and within walking distance of both the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe.

Can't comment on breakfast - passed at 15 euros a pop - but found local supermarket that sold croissants at 75 cents.

If I go back to Paris, I will go back here.

Room Tip: The balcony of room 50 was an unexpected bonus.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor followng your recent stay at our property

We are delighted to read that you had “a brilliant stay and would recommend the hotel”, this defenitely is one of the best rewards for us.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel was cute and on a quiet street. However, all subway rides to most of the main touristy areas were at least 15-20 minutes away; sometimes 30 minutes away. Looking back, we wish we had payed an extra 40 or 50 euros and stayed closer to the center of Paris. The inside is nicely updated, however, the walls are fairly thin. You could hear footsteps and some noise from the person above and next to you. Luckily, while we were here, we had quiet neighbors. The hotel also honored my request for a twin room facing away from the street. My main complaint about service is the fact that housekeeping knocked on our door when we had the "do not disturb" light on at 9 AM while we were sleeping. When I went to ask for our room to not be cleaned until we check out, the people at the front desk told me that they have to check the room "every now and then for you know"…and she did not explain why. I have never heard of this and do not understand. What if we stayed in our room all day long? Would we have to be disturbed then? Are they looking for dead bodies or something? I mean come on. However, the main thing that could have easily been done differently is the front desk's reaction to me telling them that housekeeping knocked on our door with the "do not disturb" light on. When I mentioned this, the lady said nonchalantly "Yes?" as in "So? I don't really care." A simple "I am sorry for the inconvenience. We will let housekeeping know" would have made all the difference in the world. Never once did those words come out of her mouth. In the end, we had to ask for a "do not disturb" sign so that housekeeping would not knock on our door and clean our room during our stay. Therefore, you are forewarned that the "do not disturb" light does not really do anything, as you need a sign hung on the door instead. I am giving 3 instead of 2 stars since the service was good the rest of the time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to write your impressions following your stay at our property on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found are boutique hotel cute and the service over all good and happy to read that you appreciated the upgrade!

I just do apologies for the fact that you found the location not convenient. I believe that if you had requested for any assistance or even responded positively to the assistance we offered evrey day, you would have realized that we are located in the heart of Paris as, with Line 1 and 2 that are only a five minute walk from the hotel, you would have been able to visit all the tourist attraction in Paris and outside Paris such as Versailles without even having to change metros as everything is direct!

If our reputation for location is so good on Tripadvisor given a majority of excellent reviews, it certainly is because we are located in a posh district and as any residential high class area we have the best public transportation as we even have the Air France bus a 10 minute walk and the bus to Beauvais and, are the only area in Paris with both!

As for the noise, the hotel was completely refurbished 2 years back and as any building that welcomes visitors , we had to go through a lot of different controls to fit the new European regulation and the star rating system that has changed in France. Since, we have had no noise trouble except for very light sleepers who just let us then know that this is due to their sleeping conditions and not our property or because of a prty in the street with neighbors who have all the windows opend and loud music.

If you had taken the time to inform us, we could have given you another room. with no neighbors!

Finally, in regards to the housekeeping, what you describe is just impossible for the only reason that is the check in time. As rooms for guest who are arriving is of 2-3 Pm, housekeeping always starts cleaning the rooms that departed. As they arrive at 9AM, they often start cleaning the rooms with in house guest only by 1PM.
Nevertheless, I remember very well that you did not want your room to be serviced until departure and the response given by reception is indeed the one you have mentioned but when I meet you later, I did apologies and said I would let housekeeping know which I did because at the end of your stay you had no more troubles which you confirmed upon departure when I asked you.

I sincerely apologies as it is essential for us that guest felt home away from home and an sincerely sad you did not have this feeling. I just hoped that we had the opportunity to talk to you while you were here more often, it would have been better for both of us!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

-Great hotel- lovely clean, spacious rooms (with balcony and view of Eiffel Tower!).
-Staff were friendly, spoke perfect English and were very helpful.
-Hotel less than 5 minutes from nearest Metro (which is very easy to use) so has great access to all the major tourist sites (including the Stade de France for any keen rugby fans).
-Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.

It is always a real pleasure to see that what we believe are the three most important points for a nice stay: good location, cleanliness and good service are mentioned and appreciated by our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just back from this hotel and it was a lovely hotel a little small side for my liking but I know it's average for paris.
We got breakfast at the hotel one morning it is 15€ each which is too much in my opinion it was lovely and fresh but I'm used to a hot breakfast for this price.
All the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel and it's outside was beautiful also, it's not too far from metro it's in between two argentine and port malliot it's also walking distance from arc de triomphe.
Overall we had a great trip and was a nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are glade thet you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the metro connections that indeed our very convenient to discover Paris without any hassel with metro changes.

Thank you for your lovely mention for the staff that was very appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back as we do hope to be able to be rated five stars at your next visit!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We wanted to add a weekend stay in Paris to our New Years week in EuroDisney and found this hotel from the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We are a family with 4 and 6 year old boys, so booked a family suite.

Well what can I say? Well I could tell you about the fabulous room which was a great size, with a separate sitting room area with a comfortable sofa bed for the boys. I could tell you about how clean the room was, the well stocked mini bar, the lovely bathroom with high quality toiletries. I could tell you about the superb breakfast tray brought up to our room with the best fresh coffee, gorgeous hot chocolate, French bread and pasties, lovely jams/honey etc. and freshly squeezed juice.

I could tell you about the excellent facilities including free wifi in the rooms, a computer for guests to use in reception for checking your emails/online flight check-in etc, and the useful (if compact) little lift for getting your cases upstairs (although these were taken up for us). I could also tell you about the super location, close to the metro and only 5 to 10 mins walk from the Arc de Triomphe and the open-top bus stop (depending on the speed of the children!).

However, what I would like to talk about is the fabulous Debora in front of house. From the moment we arrived - earlier than we should have so our room was not ready - Debora made us feel right at home. She brought us complimentary fresh coffee, freshly squeezed juice for the children and gorgeous French pastries. She then arranged for our bags to be stored so we could get out to explore the city. She gave us useful advice about how best to get around - recommending the bus and boat hopper tickets and giving us discount vouchers to boot. (Whilst on the subject there is no better way to explore the city with small children in tow - end of discussion!)

On returning from our afternoon out, Debora recommended some restaurants to us for dinner and then made the reservation for us. She produced another voucher for a complimentary glass of champagne and a soft drink for the children at the restaurant. (The restaurant by the way was superb.) She had also already had our bags sent up to our room.

In the morning, she arranged for breakfast to be brought to our room (delicious as previously stated) and when we ventured downstairs, she had also already confirmed that our flight was scheduled to take off on time. She then arranged for a taxi to pick us up later from the hotel to take us to the airport (the best taxi I have ever been in, including complimentary bottled water) and took our bags away to be stored until we got back.

Before we even left, we were already hatching a plan for our first ever child-free weekend away. Debora was kind enough to show us some of the other rooms. We have since booked a couple of nights sans-kids at the end of March for my birthday. Debora has already sorted us out with a great promotional rate, phoned me personally to take my card details so I did not have to email them, recommended restaurants and offered to book our chosen restaurant a couple of weeks prior to our arrival as bookings must be made in advance.

Whilst I'm aware that I am in danger of coming across like some starry-eyed, country bumpkin here, I should make it clear that both myself and my husband are very well travelled and have had the pleasure (and misfortune) of experiencing some of the best (and worst) service from hotels across the globe. Debora is hands down one of the best hotel representatives we have had the pleasure of meeting. With her impeccable English and real attention to detail, she deserves five stars by herself!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Catherine F

Dear Catherine,

Wow is the only thing that comes to my mind when I read your review.

I sincerely thank you for your fantastic review that nearly made me cry of happiness. What a pleasure is it to see that we really are able to please our guest and have them come back!
I look forward to meeting you again at the end of March!