“Absolutely wonderful”

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #82 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 28, 2013

First ever hotel we've ever stayed where spending time in the hotel room is as much part of the travel experience as the sights seen during the day. This being especially appreciated when travelling with a child, which means having to get back to hotel quite early in the evening. Spacious room (20) with a separate room for the child meant that my husband and I could stay up, read, watch tv, have a glass of wine after child's beadtime.
Bathtub was much in use, request for one if you or your child enjoys a hot bath after walking all day.
Location is excellent. We found Avenue Victor Hugo on the last day and can't wait to return to explore the neighbourhood more closely. Very easy to get all around Paris from Foch and it took us 1hr sharp on return day to get from Hotel to CDG.
Staff of the hotel is very welcoming and the atmosphers in general is cosy, charming, clean and chic.

Room Tip: Roon 20 was perfect for a family.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsHMM
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that your experience at Hotel Residence Foch was “absolutely wonderful”.

I sincerely thank you for your very positive review and am glade that you appreciated your room. We really wanted or property to be part of the Parisian experience for our guest and therefore wanted to have a typically chic 16th district apartment where our guest could feel cosy and relax, far from the idea of a formal hotel where you just get back tiered to shower and sleep.
So, we are all very touched to read that you had the feeling we so want to pass on!

Thank you for your generous comment. I hope to welcome you for your next stay in Paris.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful summer!

Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,316)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Arrive to a warm welcome, and helpful staff. Breakfast was nice, a bit pricey but you get get breakfast locally, the second night, a party across the street keep us up - but reception called police - who didnt come, but otherwise a lvely hotel and i'd stay there again

2  Thank tasty_11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glade that you appreciated the hotel and found it “nice” and I thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff and its “warm welcome” that is for sure what makes our strength and our position on Tripadvisor.

Needless to say that I was extremely disappointed to see that we were rated only 3 stars besides the positive feeling you got of our property. I sincerely apologies for the noise last week end done by people living across the street and that despite our effort of calling the police and our apologies, we lost 8 positions on Tripadvisor for an inconvenience that we did not cause.

I hope that you will be able to come back to our property and see that this was a real exception to all the comments we have, the area being really calm. The young people across were celebrating the end of their exams.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found this hotel thanks to Tripadvisor. When my husband and I arrived around 11 am we knew our room would not be ready until 2pm, however they offered to keep our luggage while we did a stroll around the area. The room was small but clean, the tub will not hold a 6' person but the bed did. The staff was nice especially Naho who helped us getting around. Breakfast was 14 Euro buffet style, water from the mini bar was 4 Euro, however if you walk down Marbeau and turn right on Rue Pergolese you will find a convenience store opened until 1 am! and pay 0.75 Euro for a 1.5L water next to Pergo Cafe. There was also a grocery store Carrefour City & Pharmacy with restaurants like Del Papa on Avenue Malakoff 5 mins walk from Foch. If you walk against traffice on Marbeau you will find Metro stations Porte Maillot on the right and Porte Dauphine on the left. It will take you approx 15-20 mins to walk to Champ- Elysees.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J8Traveller
Forler D, Responsable réception at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. It is a very precise regarding the neighborhood and will be I am sure appreciated.

I thank you for you special attention for Maho who really was moved to see her name.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After many less than great stays in Paris, I can unreservedly say that Residence Foch did an outstanding job, combined with a great and convenient location near to Porte Maillot. The location on a quiet street, yet near to public transportation and walking distance to the Champs Elysees was a bonus.

1  Thank Bill L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to put in a review. I am happy to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel that is very central but still seems as if we were far from noisy Paris.

Your kind words for the staff were greatly appreciated so, I thank you on their behalf and hope to welcome you back at our property for your next stay in Paris!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed one night in the Residence Foch hotel and would definitely return. The room was spotless with a very comfortable bed. The room wasn't very big but this is what I expect when I stay in Paris. The best part was the window in the room opened in allowing a lovely few of the street below and plenty of fresh air.

Location is great, very close to the metro and the bus station which brings you to paris bouvier airport.

I didn't eat in the hotel but there are plenty of restaurants and cafes close by not to mention a little shop which was handy for getting water etc.

All the staff were extremely polite and helpful. Arranging us a taxi etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at Hotel Residence Foch on Tripadvisor.

I am glade that you enjoyed our property and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for your next stay in Paris!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel occasionally to Paris and never found a suitable Hotel. Too noisy, too hot, too dirty, too "hautain".
Frankly , I was desperate, so I gave up and avoided staying overnight.

TripAdvisor guided me to the Residence Foch, in between Porte Dauphine & Porte Maillot. Let me tell you, I was "enchanté". At last I found a good Hotel in Paris! I booked a good rate on their own website (I avoid booking portals and you should too!), still I got an upgrade (room 20)! I needed Wifi, got it, it worked and was free. I was hungry, and got excellent advice. I wanted to sleep, and had an excellent night. And last but not least, the staff welcomed me warmly and efficiently.

So, just remember, tripadvisor guidance increases your chances for a good match. And can let you discover real gems, even when you gave up.

Au revoir, Résidence Foch!

2  Thank DominiqueBelgium

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feed-back on your stay with us at the Hotel Residence Foch.

The entire staff of the hotel thanks you for your comment on TripAdvisor and is glade that you finally found your Parisian home for your trips to or beautiful city!

We look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Merci beaucoup!

Very sincerely

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days (mid May)to attend a conference at the nearby conference center. Very convenient location for this and I had no trouble walking down the Grande Allee and Champ's-Elysees and making my way to the Eiffel Tower (1/2 hr walk). The hotel itself was very comfortable with the room small but fully equipped. Lift available to 5th floor. Nice outside private courtyard overlooking the residential houses adjacent - would be great in the summer.
Greatest aspect was the peace and tranquility of the area. Could leave the window open with absolutely no noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CardioKiwitraveller
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your experience at our property.

We are very fortunate to have a very good location in the heart of Paris, well deserved by the metro close to all famous attractions but still far away from the noisy and busy Paris and close to some greenery, that is much appreciated!

We are very much looking forward to welcome you on a future occasion!

Sincerely