“At last I found a good Hotel in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residence Foch

Hotel Residence Foch
Ranked #48 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Belgium
“At last I found a good Hotel in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel occasionally to Paris and never found a suitable Hotel. Too noisy, too hot, too dirty, too "hautain".
Frankly , I was desperate, so I gave up and avoided staying overnight.

TripAdvisor guided me to the Residence Foch, in between Porte Dauphine & Porte Maillot. Let me tell you, I was "enchanté". At last I found a good Hotel in Paris! I booked a good rate on their own website (I avoid booking portals and you should too!), still I got an upgrade (room 20)! I needed Wifi, got it, it worked and was free. I was hungry, and got excellent advice. I wanted to sleep, and had an excellent night. And last but not least, the staff welcomed me warmly and efficiently.

So, just remember, tripadvisor guidance increases your chances for a good match. And can let you discover real gems, even when you gave up.

Au revoir, Résidence Foch!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DominiqueBelgium
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feed-back on your stay with us at the Hotel Residence Foch.

The entire staff of the hotel thanks you for your comment on TripAdvisor and is glade that you finally found your Parisian home for your trips to or beautiful city!

We look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Merci beaucoup!

Very sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days (mid May)to attend a conference at the nearby conference center. Very convenient location for this and I had no trouble walking down the Grande Allee and Champ's-Elysees and making my way to the Eiffel Tower (1/2 hr walk). The hotel itself was very comfortable with the room small but fully equipped. Lift available to 5th floor. Nice outside private courtyard overlooking the residential houses adjacent - would be great in the summer.
Greatest aspect was the peace and tranquility of the area. Could leave the window open with absolutely no noise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CardioKiwitraveller
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your experience at our property.

We are very fortunate to have a very good location in the heart of Paris, well deserved by the metro close to all famous attractions but still far away from the noisy and busy Paris and close to some greenery, that is much appreciated!

We are very much looking forward to welcome you on a future occasion!

Sincerely
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Rooms are small, typical of Paris, however bathroom is good size. Rooms clean and comfortable. Hotel is located some distance away from the main sights. The arc de triomphe and champs élysées are about 20 minutes walk away. Other sights such as Eiffel Tower and Louvre are further away. There is a subway nearby and others leading up to the arc de triomphe which afford access to other attractions. Subway system is good and easy to navigate your way round the city.

There are some restaurants, a good little supermarket and bread/pastry shops close to the hotel so it is easy to get food and drinks.

Only complaint with hotel is that our room was situated at the end of a corridor next to a laundry cupboard. As a result we were awoken each morning by the maids going in and out of the cupboard.

I would recommend a hotel closer into the city if you do not wish to walk to subways to get around however Paris is a lovely city to walk around so we didn't mind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maltese0212
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor about your stay at Hotel Residence Foch.

I am glade that you found our hotel clean, comfortable and typically Parisian as in your words.

The hotel is indeed located in the very wanted 16th arrondissement of Paris and has the handiness of being well deserved by the metro with Line 1 that crosses Paris easily from East to West, line 2 that goes north of Paris and line 6 that goes south of Paris!

I am most embarrassed to read that you were bothered with the noise of housekeeping, please be assured that I have immediately informed the team and take the necessary corrective actions.

I look forward to having the pleasure of having you with us once again very soon.

Warm Regards,
Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I were traveling with our two young daughters and my parents. The needs were diverse and demanding! The management was able to offer us the kinds of rooms where everyone was comfortable. The hotel offered such a welcoming atmosphere. Every single person in the hotel made us feel at home. The breakfast experience was high-caliber. The rooms were very clean, and tastefully decorated. It was great coming back to the hotel after long days of sightseeing in Paris. I recommend it without reservations.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are close to elevators, but there are double doors so you never hear any noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna O
Dear Mrs Anna,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor ! I truly appreciate your feed-back and am thrilled to read that you enjoyed staying with us and left Paris with good memories as in your words!

I am touched to hear that the warmth and caringness of our staff has made you and your family feel home away from home.

Your very nice words have sincerely been appreciated by everyone in the staff and I take the opportunity to thank you on their behalf.

We are looking forward to your upcoming visits with your family and we truly hope to be able to make your future stays even more exceptional.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in May. Overall a nice hotel with comfortable and well maintained rooms, helpful and friendly hotel staff. Location is ok with direct metro line (line 2) from Gare du Nord. It's nice and quiet, but that also means there is nothing much going on around the hotel -- champs elysees is around 20-25 mins walk away.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vindik
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel nice and comfortable but overall, I thank you for your very kind words for our staff, it has been much appreciated.

We know that today, the product should be irreproachable but that what makes the difference is the service, no matter where so, I sincerely thank you for your nice words and for taking the time to write in a comment for all other guests.

We look forward to having the pleasure of having you with us once again very soon.

Very sincerely,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little hotel at reasonable price. We stayed here in a family room which was recently renovated to a very high standard. The staff were all very friendly and obliging.
Would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to spend any few days in Paris

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Gastro-god
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services at the Hotel Residence Foch; and I thank you very much on behalf of the entire team for leaving a nice comment on Tripadvisor !

I am thrilled that you liked are refurbished boutique hotel and were pleased with the service as, it is most important for us to achieve this goal.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you on a future occasion!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Arrived in France on the day of the Anti Gay Marriage demonstration. All the roads around the hotel were blocked by police so had to walk last 1 Km after being left in the lurch by the taxi.
Nice rooms were comfortable, nice staff, excellent location close to Avenue Foch and Arc de Triomphe.
Paris is an expensive city and the prices here reflected that situation. Nevertheless, if you want the central location, you have to pay the price.
We did not take the breakfast at €14 each because the local cafe was better value.
The hotel bar was poorly stocked. We bought a small bottle of white wine on each night. The first evening, the wine was passable. On the second night, the only white wine left tasted like petrol. I complained to the reception staff who immediately refunded my money without question.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigJock7
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us, following your t stay at the Hotel Residence Foch.

Being close to Avenue Foch, in the very residential and wanted 16Th arrondissement of Paris, is certainly an excellent location as you say. I am glade that you enjoyed your stay in Paris regardless the demonstration and special atmosphere we had that day!

I apologies for the experience you had at the bar and am glade that the reception handled the observation positively.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to a new experience “à la Parisienne” at our hotel and our bar!