“A central hotel in Paris”
Review of Royal Bastille

Royal Bastille
Ranked #1,582 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Secaucus, New Jersey
“A central hotel in Paris”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay in Paris, it’s such a lovely city! We’ve been there with my friend and were looking for a pleasant hotel but not to expensive. The Royal Bastille was the perfect place to be. The only bad point was the noise because of the street, but we were so tired every night that we quickly fell asleep! Thank you for your welcoming!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fernandes_robin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2006

Stayed at this hotel with a family of four, the positives are great location - across the road from the Metro station and lots of restaurants, take aways, cafes around the area, it is about 10 mins walk to the Notre Dame and the Austerlitz International train station, which will come in handy if you are leaving Paris for another european destination... from the Metro station the key tourist sites are within short metro rides away (get a carnet pack of 10 metro tickets to save) and disneyland is about 40 minutes away via Metro/Train The breakfast is nothing fancy but they serve nice croissants bread rolls and nice hot chocolate.. staff were generally friendly and helpful, especially the person who served breakfast... it is also good value, paid less than 100 Eur for a quad family room with ensuite, hard to find in Paris at that price... the negatives are the room/bathroom were not the cleanest or have the nicest smell, sheet had some stains and there were only two pillows for the four beds, and no additional ones available.. the shower/bath tub area also had some drain problem... there is heating provided but no air-con (luckily we weren't there in summer) a fan is provided... we didn't mind the stairs at all but if you are less mobile, or have stacks of luggage and have a room on the higher floors just like to note there are no lifts. Overall despite the negatives, we didn't find this too bad.. if you don't want to spend too much and want a basic place to stay on a good location with friendly staff this hotel would be ideal.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank pamilya

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I had a single room at this hotel for 4 nights in mid September and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is very basic and somewhat cramped, even in the reception area and the dining room is tiny, but I found it to be clean, friendly, safe and relatively comfortable, but I didn't come to Paris to spend a lot of time in a hotel room.
The mini-bar consisted of a small fridge with 3 cans of soft drinks. I would have liked a kettle.
The hotel is very conveniently situated right next to the Place de la Bastille and the Bastille Metro and the area feels very safe at night. I wandered around alone and travelled on the Metro up to 11p.m.and never felt threatened in any way.
This was my first trip to Paris and I had read reviews that said Parisians were rude, rubbish! The staff here and everywhere else I went in the city were happy to speak english when I ran out of french and I did not encounter any rudeness whatsoever.
I loved Paris and I intend to return again in the Spring. I would stay at the Royal Bastille again if money was tight but I will consider spending a little extra in a hotel with A/C as the room was very hot at night despite having the window wide open.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank Sorefeet
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2002

I stayed in Royal Bastille for three nights. The room and the general facilities were average but what I really appreciated were the friendly and extremely helpful service of two of the staff. I would like to give a big thanks to Mr. David and Mr. Milan for their help during my stay. They went out of their way to help me and amke my stay memorable. Milan...thanks for getting me the cheese when all shops were closed, my colleagues in London really appreciated it. And David for sorting out the problems which I had on the 1st night.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member