“very good price value”

Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail
Ranked #443 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we stayed 3 nights in mercure Raspail in April.
hotel is very close to the metro station, hotel is newly decorated, room are small but very nice (nice decoration) bathroom is very clean and modern
very good price value for Paris

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charles P

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a good stay at this hotel. It is accessible through train (RER) and subway (a station less than a block away). It is located in an excellent location and you can do A LOT by foot. Just ensure you have some comfortable shoes, the distances are not that big but to some places it is quite a walk. Also, Paris is probably one of the best cities I have been when you talk about getting the subways, it is really easy to get to places using it.

The hotel itself is new (renewed recently) and has decent rooms (not that big but clean). The bathrooms on the other side are small, specially those that have showers. The ones with bathtubs are better and have more space for you to bath comfortably.

The reception is not that friendly (they don't like speaking english and even when we tried to speak some french they weren't that helpful). Our stay included breakfast that was quite good and a good bonus.

Our room faced the street and we had no problems to sleep (there was no noise).

Ensure that you plan a walk around the hotel as it has a lot of good restaurants. Don't miss the montparnasse tower (sincerely, it is even better than the Eiffel tower, go when it is getting dark) and the catacombs, they are both a few blocks from the hotel only and are awesome things to do.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathtub, it is easier to take a bath on it. The ones with a shower have really tin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank WF13bordeaux
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let me first say the positives. Friendly staff, new refurbished rooms, good but not super touristy location. Now onto the negatives, as other wrote the room and shower are SUPER tiny. I mean if I put my suitcase on the floor I can no longer walk around the bed. So there really isn't any walking around the room. I saw that people wrote that on the reviews but I thought it was just "european small" not insanely small. Also, in the US we would consider this a 2 star hotel. No real conceige (that I saw), barely a lobby, and what was a lobby needed a definite facelift; just very "tired" looking. I would have really liked a conceige to ask about restaurants, how to get around etc.

I had booked this hotel based on reviews from February and I thought I made a fairly good choice but as soon as we walked into the hotel I knew it was not what I expected. It's also a big chain hotel so no real parisian personality to it. Montparnasse is a nice location, a good mix between parisians and tourists. The Metro and RER to the airport aren't far, and lots of restaurants etc. I would definitely stay in Montparnasse again but there are so many other wonderful hotel choices right in that same area. If you get a SUPER good deal and aren't picky, then maybe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Artsy3003
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for exploring Paris. There are wonderful restaurants around it so you won't have to walk too far to eat, either at the beginning of the day or at the end. That said, we were given a "Hobbit Cave" as a room which was just off the breakfast room on the ground floor. My Husband holds the highest level of Sofitel card (part of the Accor group), and this usually has some priviledges when we check in, such as a room upgrade or breakfast or even a glass of wine. Not so in this hotel. They looked at the card and grunted and then showed us to the aforementioned cave. We were there for the tennis finals, so knew we wouldn't be spending any time in the room, so it wasn't an issue, but if you are planning a romantic weekend, then this would be the wrong choice. Our bathroom was overlooked by the kitchen staff's "smoking area" and we were greeted every morning in our shower by a pair of eyes looking through the frosted glass window. I did complain to the Manager who grunted that they wouldn't be there on the following morning. No apology, but hey, this is Paris so I wasn't expecting one! The bed was one of the worst we've ever had the misfortune to sleep in. We both rolled into the middle of a very sad and tired mattress. That said, if I could have another choice of room, then I'd probably stay here again as the location is so good. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel, so I can't comment on how that was.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DenHaagMummy1
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good value for money in my opinion, newly refurbished rooms but very tiny. So tiny had no where to put our 1 suitcase, had to step over it to get to the door. Not sure what you would do if you had one each. Great location close to lots of nice restaurants and pastisseries etc. staff were very nice and helpful. Big problem was no air con, with the tiny room it was hot even having the window open all night which also meant it was very noisy of course. When asking the receptionist about the air on he tapped on the computer for a while and then said it wasn't going in the whole hotel. Would have been a great hotel if not for this but not getting much sleep due to the heat kinda ruined things...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meelltt
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is good for the price. I would have liked to be more centrally located to a major train station, good shopping, main attractions (Eiffel Tower/Louvre). I booked this hotel 3 months in advance & everything was booked so this was our only reasonably priced hotel that I could find. The hotel is going through renovations & we were lucky enough to have a newly renovated room. When we book our hotels one of our criteria's is having A/C. On this hotels website A/C is listed; another reason we moved forward with our reservation. However, the A/C the hotel provides is monitored by the staff not the guest. With that being said, we had to sleep with the windows open every night. Not to our liking we listened to the neighbors who live in the apartments connected to the hotels doing dishes, on the phone late at night , early in the morning and the sun starts to shine at 6am. With that being said, we didn't get good sleep nor were we able to sleep in. As far as the staff goes, all of the front desk ladies were very nice & friendly. Breakfast was decent for the price. Housekeeping, well even when you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door they come in & clean. We said something to the front desk the first day & it happened again for the next 2 days we were there. For the price I would consider this hotel again but personally I would do your research & try to find something else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple