We actually got 3 nights B&B here using customer points from a supermarket, so were not expecting much. But it was perfect! Good, clean, reasonably-sized room, and completely quiet (we were on the back, so no romantic Parisian view, but we were only in the room to sleep, so no hassle), a large tv with channels in English as well as French and several other languages. Breakfast was very good, with a whole section of organic juices, jams, milk etc and a large choice of food - cereals, bread and pastries, cheeses and cold cuts, eggs to boil yourself... and very pleasant but unobtrusive dining room staff. It was buffet-style and you really could eat a hearty breakfast, so as to manage with only a snack lunch and then enjoy a quality dinner in the many restaurants on and around Boulevard Montparnasse.The only negative note was when large groups of very noisy Italian guests 'invaded' the breakfast room, shouting across to one another and disturbing all other guests.... as the room is not very big, it is best to avoid their breakfast times or seek out a quieter corner.
The reception staff was also very helpful; being able to leave our bags while we did our last day of shopping and touring was a bonus, and the hotel is so well placed if flying in to Charles de Gaulle: just take the RER train to Port Royal and it is a short walk to the hotel from there. Both Raspail and Vavin metro stations are really near, and bang outside the hotel we discovered a bus (68) which goes to Pigalle (we were heading for the Musée de la Vie Romantique - a real gem!) via Opéra and lots of other sights. Be daring - we took several buses after that, and it is a much nicer way to get around Paris than the metro!
Prices published for the hotel when we were there (late October) were around 150 euros/night, but would hope to get a special deal if returning. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hausmann style hotel features 63 rooms and is close to Monparnasse station in the city center, close to Saint-Germain-des-Pres and the Luxembourg gardens. It is a business hotel, with a 24 hour bar and room service offer and full buffet breakfast. All rooms offer TV with international channels and direct dial telephones. Two rooms are accessible for disabled people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Raspail Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Mercure Hotel Paris
- Mercure Hotel Raspail Montparnasse