“Great hotel, would stay here again!!”

Eurostars Panorama Hotel
Ranked #917 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I loved this hotel. It was clean, up to date and modern. The room size was good for two people and I loved that they are environmentally friendly. The front desk was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Most of the nights we had a lady named Beatrice at the front desk who was just amazing! Always welcomed us with a smile, asked about our day if she could make any recommendations. She helped us look up restaurant information and how to get to and from some of the sights. Thank you Beatrice - you made our stay very enjoyable! :) The location of this hotel is great - there are restaurants, bakeries, and metro stops close by. If you are up for walking, we walked to Sacre Coeur, Louvre and Lafayette Gallery easily. If you don't want to walk, the hotel is a 2 min walk from the closest metro stop. It is every easy to get around. It is also within walking distance of Gard du Nord. Wifi was excellent and we never had any issues with it. The only downside for this hotel is the washroom door. The washroom itself is beautiful, clean and up to date...the problem is the the glass sliding door that does not close fully...we had to improvise with hanging a blanket and sliding a chair infront of the door....also, given the small space, the frosted glass was a bit see thru so we had to be careful. Just something to note.... Overall, I would definitely go back and definitely recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had three nights here over a weekend and found nothing to complain about. This is a fairly basic hotel: the bedrooms are small and the bathroom minuscule but the bed and pillows were comfortable and it had everything we needed. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff were charming, helpful and always went the extra mile.

The really good thing about the hotel was it was a great price, about £85 per night for two of us when booked with the Eurostar. Breakfast initially seemed expensive at about £10 per head, but actually compared to anywhere else nearby it was very reasonable.

Another key factor is that it was walking distance from Gare de Nord and just round the corner from the Metro, and 2 mins walk from a small supermarket.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here for a recent business trip and found the experience quite delightful. The best asset of this place is the hotel staff. They are very customer service oriented and were helpful in getting me into my room early after a 10 hour flight, helping with recommendations for superb restaurants in the area, etc. It was also nicely located off of any main street which keep it quiet and relaxing. The rooms were tidy, but I did not find them as clean as I would typically experience. i.e. there were toiletries in the bathroom which were unopened, but the wrapping was water-stained from previous guests. They should have been discarded and new one's put in their place. Also, the floors are wood which usually make for good cleaning, however, there were traces of dirt and dust along the floorboards that was quite noticeable. Overall, I would stay here again, but feel like there are a few tidiness issues to be addressed before being rated a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2012

the hotel is ideally located ..easy walk from the GARA DU NORD...metro is 2 min walk....tourist locations....cafes...bars....easy walking distance...there is an indian restaurant next to it with great food.....rooms...clean ...very efficiently used space....service is good....breakfast is same everyday but i guess its the same everywhere...staff very helpful..know english,french.spanish...would recommend this hotel ....n would stay again...stayed 28 feb 2012 to 2 march 2012.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sacs_21
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel (it was a bit expensive, but - hey it's Paris) between the two stations to make it easy for us to come and go. The Panorama was ideal, only about 7 mniutes walk (with our gear) from each station. We arrived about 11am and were only looking to leave our bags so we explore, but our room was ready so we were able to check in.

The room was small but comfortable, its a pretty quiet place and we slept well. Located in a nice (not touristy) area of the city with all the amenities: cafes, supermarkets laundrette and metro in easy walking distance.

The staff were all very helpful, organising activities and providing good advice.

We would efinitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andye10000
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Locked out of our room overnight, multiple faulty fire alarms ... Our issues were flukes, but how a staff handles these types of situations makes A LOT of difference, and in that arena, this hotel totally failed. Not to mention all these issues in a ONE night stay. I’ll start with the good:

Our room was spacious, even with an enormous bed

The shower was splendid, big enough for two and a “rain” style with water that got wonderfully hot (this is what caused one issue, but we’ll get to that)

It was quiet, and tastefully decorated

The location is excellent, two minute walk from Metro station with quick access to Gare du Nord

Miscellaneous odd bits: I had a real hard time figuring out that the lights would only turn on when the plastic door key was inserted into the switch – since it was pitch black in the room on our arrival, I had no chance at even figuring this out on my own and with no head’s up when we checked in. This same key would also give us trouble later one, but we’ll get to that

The bathroom door was a sliding glass door that did not close all the way. When it slid to cover the door opening, it left a really wide (like inch) gap all the way around the sides and top. So the other guest in your room can see, and worse, hear everything. Horrible design.

Now for the really bad:
#1 During my evening shower the hotel fire alarm went off. Bad enough, having to panic, dry off quickly and figure out what the hell is going on. Then the staff came to our door and said it was OUR bathroom alarm that had triggered the whole building. They asked if we were smoking in our room. We said no, but there was steam from the shower (which should not make a difference but all we could really say about it). They clearly didn’t believe us but at least I didn’t have to go out in the cold with wet hair.

#2 After getting home later that same night, our key would not work in our door. Kept showing the red light and on the third push in, it got stuck (with half the key sticking out). My husband went downstairs to get the night staff member, explained the problem, then went to use the lobby bathroom while I waiting on the stairs. Husband returns to find that the staff member has PUSHED THE KEY ALL THE WAY DOWN INTO THE LOCK. Why? WE have no idea. Now what? The guy says they’ll call a lock smith in the morning and put us up in an open room in the meantime. No apologies for the inconvenience (or for making a bad situation worse!), and we spend the night without access to tooth brushes, contact solution, pajamas, face wash, you get the idea… Next morning at 930a I call down to see if they have in fact called the lock smith to get this sorted straight away. He can’t understand me so I go down, and he assures me someone’s been called and at my exasperation when he can’t tell me when he expects the lock smith will show up, starts going on about how they just can’t understand how we (meaning my husband and I) could have broken the lock the way we did. We were infuriated … still no apology and now an accusation?! We left it for the moment as we just wanted the problem fixed and not to make it worse. We finally got access to our room at about 1130a. We get immediately in the shower and guess what …

#3 The fire alarm for the building goes off again! My husband gets out of the shower to call down to explain that no, we are not smoking, and then gets back in the shower. Minutes later, a staff member lets themselves into our room to see what the issue is! It’s starting to turn into a joke at this point.

#4 After all this, they have the gall to call our room to remind us that check out is noon …. Even though we’d only had access to our room for the last 30 minutes, 10 of which were spent dealing with staff and phone calls about their faulty fire alarm. Wow.

So, yes, very one-off issues but handled so very VERY poorly by the staff that it made a bad situation worse. When we checked out and said we expected a refund since we technically did not stay in the room we paid for (not even getting into the fire alarm, the broken door, the accusations), they would not budge, just kept saying they would have to contact the night man first to find out if he indeed was responsible for the key (yeah, that will happen) and only assured us they would not make us PAY for the broken door. Again, just wow.

Other than the egregious weird issues, it was a lovely hotel. So, if you like, you can try your luck ... we won't be returning to this hotel. EVER

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lauren999186338
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed at Eurostars Panorama Hotel for 1 night on a business trip in early Dec 2011. It is conveniently located - as it is a 10 minute walk from the Gare du Nord, and also close to a metro station. The immediate area is Ok and the street is quiet. There are numerous decent-enough restaurants within the vicinity of the hotel.
Reception is polite and efficient. I arrived early AM, and left my bag, although they did not have my room ready. The lobby is good and comfortable. I had a very small single room - but it was comfortable. My business colleague had a room twice the size though! The heating in my room did not work at all - which is why I guess they had put a fan-type heater in the room. So, on a cold December night, at least I did not freeze. The room had a small bathroom, but the shower (rain) was excellent.
Breakfast was included on a rate of 130 euros - and it was Ok with reasonable continental-type selection. The cooked food at breakfast looked awful though. Coffee was dispensed through a machine.
For Paris - which has become ridiculously expensive for even reasonable hotels - this hotel is pretty good and I would stay there again, although not in a room where the heating didnt work and I would try and get a room which wasnt the bog-standard single bed stuff. But hey, I was only there for 1 night, so it didnt really matter that much.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room where the central heating/air-con work. Ask or book a room that isn't wit...