“Ideally located between Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est”

Eurostars Panorama Hotel
Ranked #902 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel (it was a bit expensive, but - hey it's Paris) between the two stations to make it easy for us to come and go. The Panorama was ideal, only about 7 mniutes walk (with our gear) from each station. We arrived about 11am and were only looking to leave our bags so we explore, but our room was ready so we were able to check in.

The room was small but comfortable, its a pretty quiet place and we slept well. Located in a nice (not touristy) area of the city with all the amenities: cafes, supermarkets laundrette and metro in easy walking distance.

The staff were all very helpful, organising activities and providing good advice.

We would efinitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andye10000

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Locked out of our room overnight, multiple faulty fire alarms ... Our issues were flukes, but how a staff handles these types of situations makes A LOT of difference, and in that arena, this hotel totally failed. Not to mention all these issues in a ONE night stay. I’ll start with the good:

Our room was spacious, even with an enormous bed

The shower was splendid, big enough for two and a “rain” style with water that got wonderfully hot (this is what caused one issue, but we’ll get to that)

It was quiet, and tastefully decorated

The location is excellent, two minute walk from Metro station with quick access to Gare du Nord

Miscellaneous odd bits: I had a real hard time figuring out that the lights would only turn on when the plastic door key was inserted into the switch – since it was pitch black in the room on our arrival, I had no chance at even figuring this out on my own and with no head’s up when we checked in. This same key would also give us trouble later one, but we’ll get to that

The bathroom door was a sliding glass door that did not close all the way. When it slid to cover the door opening, it left a really wide (like inch) gap all the way around the sides and top. So the other guest in your room can see, and worse, hear everything. Horrible design.

Now for the really bad:
#1 During my evening shower the hotel fire alarm went off. Bad enough, having to panic, dry off quickly and figure out what the hell is going on. Then the staff came to our door and said it was OUR bathroom alarm that had triggered the whole building. They asked if we were smoking in our room. We said no, but there was steam from the shower (which should not make a difference but all we could really say about it). They clearly didn’t believe us but at least I didn’t have to go out in the cold with wet hair.

#2 After getting home later that same night, our key would not work in our door. Kept showing the red light and on the third push in, it got stuck (with half the key sticking out). My husband went downstairs to get the night staff member, explained the problem, then went to use the lobby bathroom while I waiting on the stairs. Husband returns to find that the staff member has PUSHED THE KEY ALL THE WAY DOWN INTO THE LOCK. Why? WE have no idea. Now what? The guy says they’ll call a lock smith in the morning and put us up in an open room in the meantime. No apologies for the inconvenience (or for making a bad situation worse!), and we spend the night without access to tooth brushes, contact solution, pajamas, face wash, you get the idea… Next morning at 930a I call down to see if they have in fact called the lock smith to get this sorted straight away. He can’t understand me so I go down, and he assures me someone’s been called and at my exasperation when he can’t tell me when he expects the lock smith will show up, starts going on about how they just can’t understand how we (meaning my husband and I) could have broken the lock the way we did. We were infuriated … still no apology and now an accusation?! We left it for the moment as we just wanted the problem fixed and not to make it worse. We finally got access to our room at about 1130a. We get immediately in the shower and guess what …

#3 The fire alarm for the building goes off again! My husband gets out of the shower to call down to explain that no, we are not smoking, and then gets back in the shower. Minutes later, a staff member lets themselves into our room to see what the issue is! It’s starting to turn into a joke at this point.

#4 After all this, they have the gall to call our room to remind us that check out is noon …. Even though we’d only had access to our room for the last 30 minutes, 10 of which were spent dealing with staff and phone calls about their faulty fire alarm. Wow.

So, yes, very one-off issues but handled so very VERY poorly by the staff that it made a bad situation worse. When we checked out and said we expected a refund since we technically did not stay in the room we paid for (not even getting into the fire alarm, the broken door, the accusations), they would not budge, just kept saying they would have to contact the night man first to find out if he indeed was responsible for the key (yeah, that will happen) and only assured us they would not make us PAY for the broken door. Again, just wow.

Other than the egregious weird issues, it was a lovely hotel. So, if you like, you can try your luck ... we won't be returning to this hotel. EVER

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lauren999186338
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed at Eurostars Panorama Hotel for 1 night on a business trip in early Dec 2011. It is conveniently located - as it is a 10 minute walk from the Gare du Nord, and also close to a metro station. The immediate area is Ok and the street is quiet. There are numerous decent-enough restaurants within the vicinity of the hotel.
Reception is polite and efficient. I arrived early AM, and left my bag, although they did not have my room ready. The lobby is good and comfortable. I had a very small single room - but it was comfortable. My business colleague had a room twice the size though! The heating in my room did not work at all - which is why I guess they had put a fan-type heater in the room. So, on a cold December night, at least I did not freeze. The room had a small bathroom, but the shower (rain) was excellent.
Breakfast was included on a rate of 130 euros - and it was Ok with reasonable continental-type selection. The cooked food at breakfast looked awful though. Coffee was dispensed through a machine.
For Paris - which has become ridiculously expensive for even reasonable hotels - this hotel is pretty good and I would stay there again, although not in a room where the heating didnt work and I would try and get a room which wasnt the bog-standard single bed stuff. But hey, I was only there for 1 night, so it didnt really matter that much.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room where the central heating/air-con work. Ask or book a room that isn't wit...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JonoLion
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The one thing that you will notice about the suburb is that there are quite a few run down alleys and road. This hotel is located in a quiet street,away from the hussle and noise of the main streets which is a bonus,also it is located near a metro station which is of great benefit as you may find out ! The hotel reception is well decorated,and you are met by pleasant members of staff. They are very helpful and nothing is too much bother. The room was again well decorated and the bed was large size ( hard bed). The bathroom had a double shower with loads of piping hot water. There are no tea making facilities in the room as the actual size of the room would make this a problem.
There are deals available for this hotel and its well worth the money we paid...

A downside to the hotel is the lack of food facilities in the evening,something after a long day you wish were there..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fieldmouse1
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I just spent 5 nights at this hotel. Once we figured out how close it was to a Metro station, we were even more pleased with it! It is a nice location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The area was safe and near a nice selection of restaurants for the time or two we didn't have the energy to venture far for a late dinner or early breakfast. I stayed with a friend three nights and on my own for two - I was comfortable with the surroundings and didn't feel uneasy traveling to or from the hotel on my own. The room was small as expected, but well kept and clean. The bathroom didn't offer a lot of privacy for the time spent with a friend, but it was sufficient. It's Paris, afterall, who needs a big room?!?! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kriscasual
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We just spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is in a brilliant location - safe quiet and right next to the metro. Very clean and well presented rooms and extremely reasonable for the price. A few people mentioned size of room - yes they aren't massive but if you're in Paris and spending all your time in your room there is something wrong with you! The staff were friendly and helpful - even printed my plane ticket as I has lost it. Only negative was the toilet door as mentioned in other reviews. It's not so much that it is frosted glass but that there are large gaps either side. Would definately recomend and would visit again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Just spent a wonderful 3 nights at this hotel - the room was excellent, spotless, had a big double bed and there was plenty of space including a well equipped bathroom - so good to have a proper hair dryer. The staff were very friendly and helpful and breadfast was good - we got a good deal on bed and breakfast via VIVA but if you can't get a deal plenty of places close to the hotel to choose from too. Overall I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Easy access to all areas of Paris.
One point of advice - if arriving into Paris by train don't walk from Gare du Nord - get the tube to Gare de l'Est and then change to Poissonniere - very easy as the hotel is then just round the corner.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple