“Only 2 stars but....”

Ranked #966 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Only 2 stars but....”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just returned from 3 nights here. Most reviewers have commented on the advantages. Understand the Metro, which is not always easy, and everything else falls into place. There is no luxury here and I could find many faults. But I'm not here for that purpose. The staff I encountered were all friendly and helpful and all worked so hard, so cheerfully. Nobody more so than JD at reception. He welcomed us on Thursday and he dealt with our departure on Sunday. I must say, under very stressful circumstances. Patron, he is wonderful, an asset to your hotel. A special mention goes to the main lady at breakfast. If I was ever in Paris again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Difficult. We were on the 2nd floor and the street noise was a small problem. Maybe a higher room wo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Haworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have used this hotel for over 20 years on a number of business and pleasure trips to Paris.
The location is excellent; just 10 minutes stroll to Montmartre and directly below the hotel is the entrance to Line 12 of the Metro - ideal for the big department stores, the Opera, Place Concorde, Orangerie, Louvre and D 'Ordsay museums and of course the Seine. Even better, it is just a few stops from the terminus, so you always get a seat, even in rush hour.
Reception was most helpful the room was warm and the French breakfast was OK.
Regretably however, we have had to mark down what had been our Paris favourite - it is now in need of serious refurbishment, it has got really shabby. Our room was dirty, the bathroom door had a hole in it and the bathroom window was not double glazed - walls were emulsion painted years ago and now look very sad - we were on the 5th floor, but even so, noise on the street until around 2-3am from the basement bar or club of the restaurant next door spoilt our stay; the bedroom window was double glazed, but the noise funnelled up via the old one in the bathroom.
We would love to see Hotel Roma re-vitalised, but until the owners / management are prepared to invest instead of just taking the profits, we will have to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The higher the better and at the back would be quieter. Ask If they have refurbished any rooms - the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peterthepanda

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for 4-nights and we had great service! We even got a room upgrade which was really nice!

The best thing about the hotel is its location: literally a minute away from the metro station and 10 minutes away from Sacre Coeur!

It is not a luxurious hotel, so if you're expecting something like this, it is not the case. The prices are reasonable and when it Paris, the most important thing is location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Over the years I have stayed in hotel Roma Sacre Coeur a few times. The location is good and the hotel is pretty cheap compared to other hotels. The hotel used to be a nice, clean middle class hotel, but that obviously has changed. When we checked in, and went to our rom we immediately noticed the dirt, the smears and hairs and leaks. The manager at reception just laughed it off, and told us he had no other rooms available.
The tiny room (we knew it would be small) was so dirty, that I asked the manager to have it cleaned well. He promised. When we came back in the evening, nothing had been done. The bathroom floor was still full of hair and sticky stuff (I do not even want to know), the mattress had puke leftover on the side and the chairs had so many questionable spots on it, that I really did not want to sit on them.
What a horror. This place is a dump! The shower door hardly opened, the door was missing from the cabinet, the mattress was ancient... Not fun!
It had the feel of a very cheap back-packers hotel, with bad management. Never again!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
1 Thank Chrisfromlakeland
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here years and years ago and had a good experience. In September 2013 I went back with friends but was disappointed with the state the hotel is in. It's close to rundown, they tried to update it, but I guess the volume they experience has a negative effect on almost anything in the hotel. Hallway and rooms are worn out. Front desk personnel as well.

Mattresses were updated during our stay, but beds still very small. Rooms as well.
Lights broke down during our stay. Bathroom was not cleaned on a regular basis, etc.

Location is excellent, though; walking distance to the Sacre Coueur, Montmatre and literally on top of the metro. But that's about it.

Pay more and find a better place to stay, would my advise be.

1 Thank DoDutch
___
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've been here with my wife and some friends, so we've taken four rooms (three doubles and a single) and I can say I've seen a good sample of the hotel.

Its position is awesome, excellent to walk to montmartre or pigalle and right above an underground station. Moreover it has a couple of excellent restaurants nearby it (one is just besides the hotel entrance)

The hotel looks bad, that's for sure, its furnitures are old and paint on the walls looks done by somebody who was trying it for the first time, maybe in order to save some money.

Being so old it looks dirty, but it is not, I've checked my room when I got in and I must say that it has been accurately cleaned.

You have to ask for linen change and you have to pay 8 euros for breakfast.
Breakfast is not bad at all, and anyhow the person at the check in clearly told us the rates.

Some of the personnel could have been nicer, others have been very funny, everybody was very professional.
During our stay the lift broke, we've been offered a free breakfast (I accepted... my friends insisted for a discount and had it, I should have insisted as well :-) ) This is just to say that they take care anyhow of their customers.

I wouldn't say that I will be back for sure in this hotel, but if they renew it, or if I'll be on a budget and I'll want a place in a very good position I'll think about it.

Room Tip: Economy rooms are at the first floor, and you could find yourself over the tables of a restaurant, s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 22, 2013

As i`m planning my visit to Paris in December i have booked 3 nights at this hotel. The cancellation policy was very clear- no charge until check in and free cancellation until 5 days before the arrival. Sounds great-so i`ve booked it.
3 days later i have found out the the hotel charged my American Express. Called the customer service to check that charge. 4 different representatives said exactly the same- the hotel charged you for your staying, the money will be taken out from your account at the end of the month.
I`ve sent a nice and polite email to the hotel- they said it wasn`t a charge-just a pre authorisation. I`ve been booking hotels for years, i know how it`s like when hotel are pre authorizing the card. It is a charge.
On the second email, the hotel said that the guys from my credit card company don`t know how to do their job, on the third email i was warned to watch my langauge.

That service tells a-lot about their service. Please be worn while booking a room there.
Never had such expirience before.

BE CAREFUL