“Great service - Nice room - Great Location”

Hotel Roma Sacre Coeur
Ranked #968 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for 4-nights and we had great service! We even got a room upgrade which was really nice!

The best thing about the hotel is its location: literally a minute away from the metro station and 10 minutes away from Sacre Coeur!

It is not a luxurious hotel, so if you're expecting something like this, it is not the case. The prices are reasonable and when it Paris, the most important thing is location!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Over the years I have stayed in hotel Roma Sacre Coeur a few times. The location is good and the hotel is pretty cheap compared to other hotels. The hotel used to be a nice, clean middle class hotel, but that obviously has changed. When we checked in, and went to our rom we immediately noticed the dirt, the smears and hairs and leaks. The manager at reception just laughed it off, and told us he had no other rooms available.
The tiny room (we knew it would be small) was so dirty, that I asked the manager to have it cleaned well. He promised. When we came back in the evening, nothing had been done. The bathroom floor was still full of hair and sticky stuff (I do not even want to know), the mattress had puke leftover on the side and the chairs had so many questionable spots on it, that I really did not want to sit on them.
What a horror. This place is a dump! The shower door hardly opened, the door was missing from the cabinet, the mattress was ancient... Not fun!
It had the feel of a very cheap back-packers hotel, with bad management. Never again!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
1  Thank Chrisfromlakeland
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here years and years ago and had a good experience. In September 2013 I went back with friends but was disappointed with the state the hotel is in. It's close to rundown, they tried to update it, but I guess the volume they experience has a negative effect on almost anything in the hotel. Hallway and rooms are worn out. Front desk personnel as well.

Mattresses were updated during our stay, but beds still very small. Rooms as well.
Lights broke down during our stay. Bathroom was not cleaned on a regular basis, etc.

Location is excellent, though; walking distance to the Sacre Coueur, Montmatre and literally on top of the metro. But that's about it.

Pay more and find a better place to stay, would my advise be.

1  Thank DoDutch
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've been here with my wife and some friends, so we've taken four rooms (three doubles and a single) and I can say I've seen a good sample of the hotel.

Its position is awesome, excellent to walk to montmartre or pigalle and right above an underground station. Moreover it has a couple of excellent restaurants nearby it (one is just besides the hotel entrance)

The hotel looks bad, that's for sure, its furnitures are old and paint on the walls looks done by somebody who was trying it for the first time, maybe in order to save some money.

Being so old it looks dirty, but it is not, I've checked my room when I got in and I must say that it has been accurately cleaned.

You have to ask for linen change and you have to pay 8 euros for breakfast.
Breakfast is not bad at all, and anyhow the person at the check in clearly told us the rates.

Some of the personnel could have been nicer, others have been very funny, everybody was very professional.
During our stay the lift broke, we've been offered a free breakfast (I accepted... my friends insisted for a discount and had it, I should have insisted as well :-) ) This is just to say that they take care anyhow of their customers.

I wouldn't say that I will be back for sure in this hotel, but if they renew it, or if I'll be on a budget and I'll want a place in a very good position I'll think about it.

Room Tip: Economy rooms are at the first floor, and you could find yourself over the tables of a restaurant, s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giulian8
Reviewed September 22, 2013

As i`m planning my visit to Paris in December i have booked 3 nights at this hotel. The cancellation policy was very clear- no charge until check in and free cancellation until 5 days before the arrival. Sounds great-so i`ve booked it.
3 days later i have found out the the hotel charged my American Express. Called the customer service to check that charge. 4 different representatives said exactly the same- the hotel charged you for your staying, the money will be taken out from your account at the end of the month.
I`ve sent a nice and polite email to the hotel- they said it wasn`t a charge-just a pre authorisation. I`ve been booking hotels for years, i know how it`s like when hotel are pre authorizing the card. It is a charge.
On the second email, the hotel said that the guys from my credit card company don`t know how to do their job, on the third email i was warned to watch my langauge.

That service tells a-lot about their service. Please be worn while booking a room there.
Never had such expirience before.

BE CAREFUL

4  Thank Amit D
Reviewed September 20, 2013

we stayed because it was the only hotel that had a room for less than 200 euros. In Paris you get what you pay for. Classic small french hotel, when you check in the receptionist only just manages to look up, gives you the key and that's it. Room quite small, but that's Paris for you. Amazing location, but if you come by car, find your own parking. We took the advice from the hotel and parked in the Renault garage 200 yds away and ended up paying 35 euro for the night.

The price is the best thing, everything else is average.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The first time I went to Paris I stayed in this hotel. It's very Parisienne, which gave me the full experience. The room was clean and comfortable for the week that I stayed there. The bathroom was small, but that is common in Europe. The tv had many local channels, and there was free wi-fi. It was obvious that my room was previously occupied by smokers because the room reeked like smoke. There is a French breakfast that is offered daily for a small fee. Breakfast consisted of: coffee, orange juice, baguette, pain au chocolat, and crossaint with an assortment of jams and cream cheese (the breakfast was always fresh). The front desk staff were very friendly, and helpful. It was a little annoying that keys were assigned to the rooms, and you had to drop off the key at the front desk each time you left the hotel. The Caulaincourt-Lamarck metro stop is located right outside the hotel (less than one minute walk away). You have to walk down/up a ton of stairs to get there, but it's not that bad (my grandmother was capable of doing it). The neighborhood is less touristic, but very close to some attractions (Sacre Coeur Basilica, Moulin Rouge). There are many restaurants, bakeries, and shops nearby, which makes this a great area to explore by foot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family