“Very good hotel to stay at in Paris”

Hotel Meslay Republique
Ranked #1,205 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Reception staff very friendly. Room not too large but very clean with a good shower.
No complaints. Would stay here again when in the city. Very near the Metro for getting around. Breakfast was the usual French hotel fare.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TweedBorders

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were realy happy with our choice, since buth was very importent for us we ask for it few days before arrival, and received it. The room and buth room are small but perfect. The room and buth room were very clean ,location was graet together with very kind and helpfull staff . Based on internet choosing ,we are so glad with our choose , we heard to many friends bad experience about hotels in Paris,therefore we are so happy with our experience. Even breakfast we had there and enjoyed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay in Paris, metro, shopping, food, sights all easily accessible. Hotel staff were most obliging and were keen to recommend the best of everything. We could have stayed closer in to the city, but The Marais was quite close and we were very happy with our choice. Having said that...we were somewhat taken aback at the changes which have overcome Paris, or was it just this particular area...but my husband and I both felt that Paris had lost a lot of 'Parisenne feel'. We never felt threatened nor uncomfortable...just the realisation that the world has changed and for us, Paris has changed more than most....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jullie45
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A nice and small hotel in an ok location. Not that far off the 4th quarter - about 15 minutes walk or 10 minutes walk from hotel de ville. Rooms are quite small however bathroom was clean and functional. Very small tv, no ipod player etc. Air Condition was ok and not that noisy so we were able to sleep during the humid August night. Stayed two days and share a small room with my son - it was ok - nothing fancy to write about however good value at 120 euro. The location is off the main road so the street noise is low. Didn't bother to stay in the hotel for breakfast - so many choices nearby. There is a tiny elevator but it sure helps with luggage. I would return.

Room Tip: Higher floor are better - less street level noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Familyfun84
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel has a great location, near restaurants, the metro, 20 minutes walk from Notre-Dame and close to good stores.
I though the hotel itself would be better because I read reviews and saw pictures, and when I got to my hotel room the bathroom was not clean at all, we had to change rooms. That was not a pleasant arrival, specially because in the second room I found some hairs in the shower...
The breakfast was fairly good, and the staff were really nice.
The bed sheets had some sort of plastic material, so it was hot as hell to sleep in to. The beds were small (I stayed in a twin room) but tidy and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Hotel is very easy to find as you exit the Metro at Republique and not far to push, pull or carry your bags. The rooms are small but very clean and there is a lift up to the 6th floor. My single room was on the 7th floor but easy to walk that last flight. However, I think the single room with no air conditioner and no opening window would make it stifling hot in summer. Staff were very helpful and the wifi was good, although you had to pay a small amount. Breakfast was OK for the price, but I think local cafes might have better 'atmosphere'.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel Meslay is a charming place nestled partially down a narrow street which has very little traffic...unusual for most Paris streets. I found the staff friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and the bed sheets were changed every day. The towels were fluffy and the hot water was plentiful and consistant even during the morning rush. Most importantly to me, is that the rooms are quiet and free from street noises and even the hallways apparently absorb sound. The hotel was full and until one saw the breakfast crowd, I felt that I was alone in the building. Breakfast was buffet and French, i.e. tartines and croissants and the coffee good.The location is ideal. There are very goog restaurants nearby; fast food places, bars and cafes. The hotel is near the metro, the train station, several bus lines and a taxi stand. A block away from the direction of the Place Republique, one can find some small grocery stores, and a variety of diverse restaurants and a laundrymat. I travel to Paris at least once a year and I would surly recommend the Hotel Meslay as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple